Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Chocolate Addict

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

woohooo First here. original.gif

Pity the link A2 put in the other thread doesn't work if you are logged in to EK and not EB. wink.gif

I wouldn't have eaten the prawns in their shell. I know it is traditional but nope, couldn't do it.

#3 Ange

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

I've missed a week of MKR sad.gif Watched most of last night (missed the beginning) but I didnt'see the Father Son team from TAS or the Bondi guys.. what happened to them?

#4 Cath-In-SA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, where were they?

Were they the 2 top teams after Round 1 so didn't have to compete this round?

#5 kelbelblue

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

I missed the first half hour too. Maybe the top three teams didnt't have to participate in this challenge??

I am so bloody glad the instant restaurant phase is over, that was one week to many I think!
Bring on the eliminations original.gif

After watching last night, I agree with a poster in a previous thread, that I think most of the teams are fantastic followers of cook books, and probably not so great at trying to remember the recipes.... I would be the same I  think, love a good recipe in front of me original.gif

#6 Cat People

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Cath-In-SA @ 01/03/2013, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were they the 2 top teams after Round 1 so didn't have to compete this round?

Yes.  Along with Samuel and Ali, and ?  I can't remember the other couple.  Whoever won the second round.  There were three couples who were safe from elimination this round.  

I don't know how long Cupcake can last.  She falls to pieces over anything and everything.  A real stress-head.

I really dislike the Italian girls!  They were really gloating last night when they won.

#7 DEVOCEAN

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Madame Protart @ 01/03/2013, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really dislike the Italian girls!  They were really gloating last night when they won.

They came close to last in round 3, so they are allowed to gloat especially seen as they had to change their meal at the supermarket because another couple wanted to cook lamb and wouldn't change. So they did.
Could you imagine how sickening the 2 NSW girls would have been if they had won?

#8 Feral Nina

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

They really do need to look at the scoring in the instant restaurant rounds next year.It's a bit of a farce really and from what I've been reading, viewers are a bit fed up.
I would have enjoyed all the Asian food, but I love a really heavily dressed salad so that would have been a let down. Was surprised the judges scored so high, in other rounds they have taken points off for huge time delays but that didn't seem to be a factor for them this time.

#9 SaintJoe

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Can someone fill me in on last nights episode?

We went out and taped Survivor (it was a tough decision!)

#10 Jupiter123

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (**myboys** @ 01/03/2013, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone fill me in on last nights episode?

We went out and taped Survivor (it was a tough decision!)

You can watch it online here

#11 miriams

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

The Tasmanian guys, the Bondi boys and Ali/Samuel were all safe from this round because they got the top three scores. Not sure how it works but I think they have a series of cook offs for large groups of people, worst ones in each get sent to a "sudden death" round.

#12 cward

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

I thought the food last night was a bit basic really and found the scores of 10/9 etc to be high for what it was. There were no tricky techniques in anything they did. Measuring out a cup of this and a cup of that and adding a bit of garlic and chilli is really not that hard to do. Neither is cooking up a few prawns and pork and making a pancake. Can't see why it would take so long and also can't see why Pete would score that a 10 especially as it took so long.
. I agree with this to some extent but if you listen to Pete he keeps saying MKR is all about simple food cooked well.  Meals you cook at home all the time and know and can cook well, so that's what they did.  All the teams that did really well most of them cooked meals that didnt necessarily require a lot of skill.

#13 Madeline's Mum

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

I enjoyed last night, was good to see some serious pressure and good dishes. Sophia and Ashlee made me laugh with their comments about Cupcake (who btw is really very annoying).

I'm loving Angela and Melina, Jake and Elle, Dan and Steph and the three couple who won their instant restaurant rounds.

Samuel from Tas is the sweetest guy and an amazing cook, what a catch, I cant believe he is still single.

I don't think Natassia is a very good cook or a particularly nice partner to have. I also think the older couple from Vic were quite rude last night, they wouldn't even negotiate or talk about it nicely first. They were just rude and abrupt and I'm shocked that A&M let them get away with it!

I'm putting my money on Mick and Matt or Ali and Samuel to win.

#14 miriams

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I think the Bondi boys will ... followed by Mick & Matt.

#15 FEdeRAL

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Madame Protart @ 28/02/2013, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree the meal was too basic and required no skill/technique.  Getting the right amount/mix of flavour for the sauce requires lots of skill.  Cooking the filling, especially with keeping the prawn head on, requires technique.  Food may have looked simple but I don't think it was.  How is any more simple/basic than cooking a slab of meat/steak that the Tassie couple did?  And getting a pancake mix perfect is not an easy task either.  I think it was Manu who said at the beginning that many people think Asian food is very simple to cook but it's often not.

Don't mess with my babes  tthumbs.gif

I agree with this. I love Vietnamese salads and pancake. In fact am an expert when it comes to EATING them lol. If you have eaten the pancakes before you will know that it's not easy to achieve the feather thin yet crispy quality it's famous for.

And I would love to get my hands on those crispy prawns. MIL made these semi-crispy prawn fritters with little whole prawns in them. Drool...

#16 DEVOCEAN

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Who is waiting for Cupcake girl to go up like a flambé?

That tutu material skirt is just shocking for working in a kitchen.

#17 JustBeige

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

What a shame that Sam and Chris are in the bottom.  I think they should outcook Natassia and Keiren though.

I was thinking last night that I hope they do a 'theme' night as it will be interesting to see how Ashlee and Sophia do when they arent cooking with predominately asian flavours or asian dishes.

#18 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

I love it when they get a really crap score and then go "who cares, we know we can cook", well obviously love you can't otherwise you wouldn't have gotten such a sh*tty score 3 times in a row.

#19 sāta kōrsa

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Oh dear, the ones who left were so bad (with the exception of the surprising dessert) that it was embarrassing.  I wonder what many of the couples are doing there, they are at best mediocre home cooks.

#20 Heather11

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

This confuses me.  

When Melina and Angela made 'cake' for dessert at their instant restaurant it was poo pooed by the rest of the contestants because cake wasn't seen as being good enough for a dessert.  This was even before they had tasted it presumably.

Tonight however the cake dessert was applauded and no one seemed to mind that it was being served.

Edited by Heather11, 05 March 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#21 unicorn

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Lat night was the first time I manged to sit down long enough to watch Keiran and Nastassia. Was he like that on previous episodes? Vague and looked like he was either hung over or on drugs or something? It looked like he's got no idea.

#22 Chchgirl

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Heather11 @ 06/03/2013, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This confuses me.  

When Melina and Angela made 'cake' for dessert at their instant restaurant it was poo pooed by the rest of the contestants because cake wasn't seen as being good enough for a dessert.  This was even before they had tasted it presumably.

Tonight however the cake dessert was applauded and no one seemed to mind that it was being served.

I think it's because they were competing against each other, therefore being b**chy.

This time they weren't competing against each other and just tasting rather than judging, different terms!

I wondered how Kieran and Nastassia even got on the show, their meals haven't been the best, although I liked them as people..

#23 JustBeige

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Heather11 @ 06/03/2013, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This confuses me.  

I think also too, its because A&Ms cake was a mishmash of different things.  Nastys cake was different because of the balsamic vinegar in the ice cream and that worked with the cake itself.   Also she made individual cakes.  not just cut up a slab.

I do think the whole "its just a cake" thing is BS.  Some 'cakes' a damn hard to make and get right AND compliment a dinner.

I found Nast and Kierens relationship very odd.  I dont know why she thought he was a good partner.  He may have some good recipes - she said a lot that these recipes are his - but this show did not bring out the best in him and she just treated him like a moron AND gave conflicting instructions - "dude just cook it how you think, I dont have an opinion, I'm too busy" then "why did you cook it like that?  you should have done...."    
cant have it both ways.

#24 Cat People

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

I think both those teams were pretty weak and could have gone home.  There have been quite a few weak teams this year that I've wondered how they've made it through the auditions.

#25 Ice Queen

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

So who did go home?  I missed it.  K&N by the sounds of this thread??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.