Regards

Ali

#2 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I am racing Goosey to the finish line to claim

GOLD!!!

#3 Mynewname

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Silver! This is the first time every I have claimed one!!!

#4 Caramel Latte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Bronze

How's everyone?

Up to 2nd full night (not in row) sleep in weeks (and if DH complains about getting to much again, will need to hold back :-/ ). Wish Oreo's rash would clear up but Drs think it won't til allergy reaction calms.  shrug.gif . Just glad she's back to smiling. On good note DD#3 is back on the mend and yay, back to school Monday!!!

#5 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Bah, my race was sabotaged by Elise who started emptying the fridge as I was typing and then came and deleted my post when I was putting the stuff back in.

I was planning to say that jian bing are probably my favourite food in the whole world at the moment. They also have the benefit of being meat free which greatly reduces the risk of food poisoning which is fairly high here. For a while I was enjoying another street food called chuar which is basically meat (nominally lamb) on sticks seasoned with middle eastern spices. It was very delicious until a local told us that they were made from feral cats.

I have been thinking about my list of things that I would miss and things that I won't. It's funny, most of the things I will miss revolve around food and the things I wont revolve around the toxicity of the environment. I will also miss my bike - I love my bike! Yes, Canberra is a good place to ride but it is different.

DF - I am so glad that Oreo is happier and hope that her rash goes soon. The more I read here about allergies, the more blessed I feel that our family has none. Did you mean to say that your husband complains about getting too much sleep? Wow, I wish that happened in our house!

Ok, off to Chinese class again.

Edited by with the goo goose, 07 March 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#6 Caramel Latte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (with the goo goose @ 07/03/2013, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DF - Did you mean to say that your husband complains about getting too much sleep? Wow, I wish that happened in our house!

Oops, yes he complains about getting too much sleep. Same, it'd be nice to have too much!

#7 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Frankly DF I think he is safer living in another state if he's getting too much sleep AND complaining about it laughing2.gif

I have talked my sister into becoming my b**ch partner in business (she has artistic talent of which I have zero).

Oliver has bronchitis again sad.gif

On the plus side he promised the Dr he would take his medicine - and he did - and he keeps asking for more because he is still coughing! Hope his desire to take medicine continues for the course of the ABs - much easier than the holding him down and forcing it down his throat and hoping he doesn't throw it up version!

I've made my first batch of yoghurt, got the bread maker out and ingredients ready for a fresh loaf in the morning and have a soda stream.

When I get my sewing machine and start making cute toys I shall change my name to marthastewartasaurus.

biggrin.gif

#8 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hah - dinojen. I just took a step in that direction too. I made a double batch of cookie dough, rolled half of them into balls and froze them. Just in case I am called on to entertain someone at short notice!

Hmm, I am feeling pressured to send Owen to school for full days. His teacher suggested it at parent teacher night and all the other half-day kids I know will be switching to full days after Easter. I am not keen - not because I think he wouldn't cope, but because I think he would!!

The idea behind sending them full days is to get them used to it before they start  Reception (kindy) in August. Owen is a very easy going little boy and I am positive that he will be able to adapt to full days whenever I ask it of him.

So why am I holding back?? Because I would miss him! I like having him home in the afternoons and will be very sad when that is over. But should my selfishly wanting to spend time with him justify him being different to all the other kids?

Dunno.

#9 Caramel Latte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Dinosaurus @ 07/03/2013, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frankly DF I think he is safer living in another state if he's getting too much sleep AND complaining about it laughing2.gif

That's what I told him, then he continued to say he had it worse than me. Dial tone sounded so nice, compared.

Goose: do what you feel right, if not holding him back, I'd keep him half days. Cause only young once.

Dino: I've learnt to sew better since being home. Just need the time.

#10 Mynewname

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ok, now that I have the last of the other thread I will try and do some personals..

MBS - Congratulations. I'm so happy that things are working out for you and that you are getting but #3.

GooseyJen - I think that its lovely you want owen home with you. I'm considering sending Amy an extra day to preschool!

dinojen - Well done on making a decision and taking a few months off. And good luck with the new home business! Its seriously what all SAHM do. I've been racking my brains on what I could do...sadly I have no talents that people would pay for!

DF - Hope Oreo gets some good news soon. She has had a rough trot. I wonder why the number of children with allergies has increased so much.

Ok, that is about all I can remember, sorry!

AFM - All good here, Amy being very testing. She's just so tired which makes her very behaviour not good as the day goes on. She's just so argumentative and shouts all the time at everybody. She made her new friend cry the other day from shouting at her. It was awful. Sophie in comparison seems so easy and chilled out, which makes me feel really guilty. I know it all can change though as I remember Amy being so cruisy! Ok, whinge over. Hope everyone else is having a better day!

#11 Caramel Latte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (jodownunder @ 07/03/2013, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DF - Hope Oreo gets some good news soon. She has had a rough trot. I wonder why the number of children with allergies has increased

RE allergies: I was wondering the same thing. 20 years ago it was rare. One theory had me feel so guilty...that its due to delaying solids. But then that's disproved too. Another thought, misdiagnosed?? New testing?? Not sure why but agree.

I think they go thru stages, some are cruise and others that's testing. Xox.

#12 MarsBarSlice

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

GooGoose - I love Asian food. Now I know that is a very very general statement but I do. I've been to many Asian countiries and well yummmmmmmmmmmmm. I'd miss the food too.

DF - I have DP snoring which drives me absolultely bonkers! If I have to get up and pee or for the kids it takes me so long to get back to sleep and the longer I lay there listening to him the angrier I get thus the harder to fall asleep.

JDU - Preschoolers.  DS1 is the same as yours. He goes to preschool 2 days a week and gets so ferral as the week progresses, he refuses to sleep till at least 6.30am and doesn't day sleep.

I remember that DS1 was so easy until he turned 2 and life started building up on him and then 3 was horrific. Now he's 4 he has improved so much but would still like to see him settle a bit more for his own good.

DS2 is a relatively easy child but he hasn't hit 2 or 3 yet. Watch this space!

Allergies, now I've heard a few theories on the modern day allergy epidemic.

1. We eat so much more processed food; ie pre made sauces, gravy, stock, "fresh" modified food, etc. They are always trying to improve on fresh, milk is a good example of that.

2. Nut allergy (this one I found interesting) - back years ago they ate fresh nuts not roasted and some scientists or drs think that the cooking process could be the difference in what it does to the make up of the nut

Now don't go quoting me on the allergy stuff cause I'm not saying I believe it or disbelieve it, I just found it interesting.

AFM:  Ummm, I was going to tell you all stuff but I can't remember what it was. BBL if I remember, sorry

#13 Mamabug

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Random musing of the day: Is it wrong to wash my calcium&VitD, iron and fish oil supplements down with beer?

#14 Mynewname

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

At this time of the day I think its perfectly fine mama bug!

On a completely different note those of you who are sports nuts how do you watch all the sport without foxtel? DH is trying to watch the six nations rugby via the internet and its just not working.

We are currently sat watching The heartbreak kid...hilarious!

#15 Shadowess

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Beer has vitamins too! Just adds to the potency of your pills.

#16 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hah!!

#17 MarsBarSlice

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Mamabug - I've taken my calcium/vit D with red wine so can't see why beer would be a problem!  Damn that was out loud

Since we are all so close I have some news to share with you all:

I had my first pregnancy spew this morning after breakfast, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#18 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yay for spew!! biggrin.gif

#19 Caramel Latte

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Some exciting news and events over next 6/8 weeks!

It's amazing what some good news can do! Great news on Friday and even better, today!

MBS: yay to first morning spew!

Mumabug: no expert but can't see any issue :-)

#20 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

That's just teasing DF!

#21 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

It is a bit cryptic DF, although I presume if she was about to have number 5 she would have mentioned it by now? wink.gif

Yay for spew MBS original.gif

3 days of moomba here with sisters and nephews and nieces visiting! Bedlam but  fun. Dad arrives tomorrow so no respite for a hit of sleep all around! Bring on next weekend!!

#22 Caramel Latte

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

After Oreo was born, i couldnt get #5 out of my head. She had fitted in so well, elder girls saying they want another sibling and even DH saying another would be nice. After consulting with a FS basically two mths after Oreos birth, he was happy to work with us for #5. But with DH dragging his heels moving here, it was decided we would work on me. So had been working on hormonal balancing etc. Fell pg during the 6/8 weeks that we spent with DH last year but suffered another loss. That sent body wacky tho but on Friday, got the A OK to proceed. Official TTC meds start in 7 weeks (depending on when AF turns up).

Yes, I know I'm soo lucky to have the four and as much as I am happy if we were a family of six, this just feels right. I know pg wont be easy, but hoping wont have placenta previa (sp?) to worry about if get another go. This time I have the same Dr the whole way thru (no a private and a public one), we are on same page and he is also the Gyn, who will then deal with hysterectomy. Tho getting Oreo was such a long road, what she brought to the family, makes it all worth it. Feel like I need to justify...

BUT... The biggest news is this will all be possible as DH has resigned and given 6 weeks notice!

Sorry for being cryptic, just was great to get some great news to focus on and worried what ppl would think. You all have been so great and didnt want to do anything to upset/annoy you. Just Havent had to much positive to share lately and so wanted to post some. It's amazing how quickly things can go from crap to great, when can see a light at end of tunnel. I won't be giving it 8 yrs this time, was meant to be March deadline but FS said hysterectomy can wait a few more months (we're discussing end of year).

Have just applied for the best house so getting that would solve another negative....

#23 Mamabug

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

DF: Sounding all systems go - for everything!

MBS: Awwww..... wub.gif

JDU: We curse a lot, whinge about the pay tv monopoly on sports and then resign ourselves to its absence in our home!!!

PS - I figured the beer would be okay with the vitamins...but I draw the line at downing the ad with alcohol!!! (Which is why I have those in the morning.... wwhistle.gif)

#24 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Woo DF big news on both fronts!! Now for the rental situation to resolve & everything will be aligning for you  biggrin.gif

#25 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

DF - wow - congratulations on both fronts. Does your husband have another job lined up yet biggrin.gif Let me tell you a secret - I look at your sig and think, "wow, if she can end up with a big family after so much heartache and loss then surely I can get my baby #3 one day". So I am not judging you at all - you're one of my heros!!

Also I was a #5 baby and clearly we are the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.