PAM Grads #18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#26 Caramel Latte

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

TNMN, a week ago it felt like it had crashed but it is looking so much brighter! Hoping o her back from RE about app today, tying nt to get hopes up tho.

Goose, don't lose hope! Am praying #3 won't be far for you. Xox.

#27 MarsBarSlice

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

DF - Great news all round for you, very happy to hear that.  About time things went your way and all came together

GooGoose - I'm hoping your no. 3 is not far away, always thinking of you

DinoJen - Family staying at your house, I admire your bravery, not sure we would cope

AFM:  My poor boys had to eat breakfast while I spewed this morning, I couldn't stop. Sorry for TMI.  But my absolutely gorgeous DS1 said he couldn't go to preschool cause he had to stay home and look after me.  Then he wouldn't hold my hand cause he didn't want to catch what I had, assured him he wouldn't catch it. But why Mum?  Then he got an orange, a kiwi fruit and an apple and told me to eat them in that order to make me better.  wub.gif

I had a bit of brown spotting late sunday afternoon and night and a tad on monday, nothing now. I'm trying not to freak out cause that's how my 1st m/c started.  My dating scan is on Monday morning. Maybe I should have got bloods done to get some assurety that it is happening and not just a few dud HPT's.

#28 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Oh MBS - DS1 is adorable. As for spotting - it is bound to freak you out, it freaks out people who haven't experienced a loss. Fingers crossed for Monday (and that time flies between now and then!)

DF - Holy toledo batman, I was joking!! That's awesome news, i really hope number 5 comes easier than number 4 did. xx

Dad's arriving today - gonna have to have a long hard talk with him about feminism and the 21st century I think, although I suspect that is still easier than saying "you kicked me out when I was 15 years old why in god's name would you think I want you to give me away at my wedding?" laughing2.gif Oh parents can be fun. Must remember to learn from my parents mistakes.

Right, the house is a tip and I just stopped for a coffee (oh, did I mention DH caught man flu?)

Should be back tomorrow all going well!!

#29 Caramel Latte

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

MBS: DS1 is so sweet! Agree with Dino, it'd bound to freak you out. Hope Monday comes fast for you. Am here if need to chat xox

Dino: hope your Dads recall of events arent blurred for him (ie my parents change their story to make them look like brilliant parents ...), so conversation goes easier than expected.

#30 Shadowess

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

MBS, fingers crossed the spotting is nothing! And hopefully this week goes quickly and you make it to your scan all in one, sane, piece.

DF, how exciting! Everything falling into place! Hope it's good news from the RE today.

Dino, good luck with your Dad! These sorts of things aren't all that easy.

Goosey, I hope things fall into place for you as well, really soon. It'll happen, I just hope it happens soon for you.

TNMN, hope Carys had a fabulous birthday! I was thinking it's a pity it wasn't today- she could have been invited to the special "share the same birthday as Canberra" shindig that's happening today! (I say that somewhat sarcastically..)

That's about all I can remember... we had a nice weekend. I took Ruby to the handmade markets, and DH and I went out to dinner for our anniversary. Yesterday we went and got Freya new sneakers. Im living varcaiously through her- I had to get new running shoes the other day, with strict instructions from my physio, which meant there were no pink options. So, I bought her hot pink ones. They're fabulous!

In other, exciting, but totally freaked out news, DH and I have had "the talk". And it looks we might be at least attempting #3. I'm the one who raised the question, but now I'm wondering what on earth I'm thinking! So, we'll see, anyway.

#31 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Good God, I know I've made the right decision when all this pregnancy talk has me thinking "thank god it's not me" laughing2.gif

Dad's just arrived, gotta go!

#32 Mamabug

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'm feeling a bit envious of TTC plans. But also know that I do not want another little one in our clan - we are at the perfect number for us!

I shall have warm and fuzzies with all of you to get my fix. original.gif

#33 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Wow Fee!

MBS sending sticky vibes to you xxx

#34 key4

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Hi there

Thought it best I stop by and say hi original.gif

Life is pretty busy but getting there, I have just under duress taken a leave of absence from Uni this semester with one unit left I am bummed but the amount of overtime my DH is doing makes things impossible- ah well!

MBS - Congrats.

Dino - When is the big wedding day?

Mamabug - my preference is red wine over beer there is apparent cardioprotective properties and anti ageing properites original.gif

Goosey - Hope things start to fall into place for you soon with number three, the picture of your daughter is just beautiful.

DF - hope your plans work out with another lil one.

I am so clucky at the moment and working in special care and paeds is not helping! There is a beautiful lil girl in special care at the moment and she is a replica of my daughter I think I need to take her home.

I should get some sleep

#35 MarsBarSlice

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Key4 - Hi there, good to hear from you

Well not much to say here except 5 more sleeps until my dating scan. I thought of bringing it forward but then it might be too early and not see enough which would be worse I think.

Anyways, have a great day Ladies.

#36 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

MBS - Been there, thought that. Although being me I would have probably already begged for one despite it being too early, then stressed more, then had another one, then stressed some more.. etc. If you can wait until Monday I suspect the over all stress will be less original.gif

Key4 waves.gif I get clucky around babies too, although I am certain I do not want another one!

Back to lecturing in person today - no notes prepared, no students have logged on yet! Good times laughing2.gif

#37 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

My greeting this morning: "Happy birthday Mummy... now you are really really old."

Thanks son.

#38 MarsBarSlice

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Happy Birthday Jen.  I hope you have a fantastic day and a great birthday dinner.

#39 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Happy birthday Jen! You're younger than me so cannot possibly be old wink.gif

#40 Mamabug

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hippo birdy two ewe!!!

Key - lovely to hear from you!!!!

Um....who is the oldest among us????? Anyone willing to share????? I will if some one else will!

#41 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm 43

Hi Key4!

#42 Caramel Latte

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Howdy Key4!!! Great to hear from you. Xox

Goose: happy birthday !

MBS: pre-Oreo me would've said no don't as it maybe to early etc etc BUT now I don't know, I know seeing little Oreo growing and HB, helped ease the fears (for al of two/three days). I'm glad I had the private Ob tho as could get scan done in office. Xox

shadowess: Yay!

AFM: 39.... According to girls I won't be old until 40, so have a few months of being young left in me yet lol

#43 Mamabug

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Oh yay. Finally a group of people where I am not the oldest!!!!

I'm 42 this year.

#44 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

33... plus a couple of hours.

And another from Owen...

"Mum, I've decided, you can come to my wedding."
"You're getting married? Wow! Who to?"
"... haven't decided yet..."
"Oh, that's okay, you've got plenty of time to decide on that"
"... Not grandma?"

#45 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hope you had a lovely day yesterday Goosey - Owen has a way with words laughing2.gif

I am 38.

So the kids decided to be their absolute worst for my Dad - he just sat in shock on the sofa shaking his head saying "I can't believe it" roll2.gif Methinks him having his kids 13 years apart made things a bit easier (oh and then chucking me out at 15 made it a whole lot easier!)

My first lecture in 6 months went well yesterday - I do love the lecturing bit - but not so well that I've changed my mind. I'm taking a year off and if I manage my devious plan of making a million by Xmas I shall quit instead. So, no problem - right?

Happy Thursday all.

#46 key4

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Dino - If you achieve your goal of a million by Christmas be sure to share.

Goosey and I are the same age although some days it feels like I am 53!

It is a beautiful day here dark and wet original.gif after so many months of heat it is so nice.

I have a question that is a little sensitive - the womens hospital here is going to be moved at the rear of that hospital there is a rose garden where the ashes of many babies are laid to rest. My little girl was placed there in Dec 2010 as I requested this after the genetic testing, the thought of that being taken away is totally messing with my head I am teary just writing this, first question do you think this is a normal reaction or am I still not dealing with the grief and second do you think they would preserve that site as so many families would feel as I do?

Off to have some coffee now!

Edited by key4, 14 March 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#47 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Key - that would have me teary too. I would hope that they would either move the entire rose garden with the new hospital or leave it as is.

Do you have a preference?

Have you asked them what they plan to do?

They're usually quite sensitive so hopefully they will have thought of this too.

#48 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

key - I think that is a perfectly natural reaction and am surprised that the hospital would do it! Eden is in a rose garden for miscarried/stillborn babies and I would be really upset if they ever took that away. Judging from the number of toys, flowers, pinwheels on most of the graves, I imagine that there are an awful lot of people who would feel the same way. .

That said, I can see why other people may not understand if they haven't experienced a loss and had the closure of having your baby put there.

#49 key4

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Thanks Girls

To be honest I have tried to make a phone call but I am too emotional about it to even do this. Dino this might seem selfish but my preference is for her to stay where she is can't explain why just want her left alone.

The garden at the rear of the hospital is right on the edge of the grounds right near a building that I am sure would be heritage listed so I am hoping that the grounds will be kept as public open space, besides the reason for it being there the gardens themselves are beautiful so even if you were there for a different reason it would be a shame for an apartment block to go there.

Edited by key4, 14 March 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#50 Shadowess

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Key, I think they need to do something to preserve the site, in some way... I'm not sure how that works though, if it's a big area and vital to the building work. Maybe they need to establish another garden somewhere and put a memorial thing up for all the babies who were buried in the other area, but I can see how that wouldn't sit well with you or the other families, as your baby's resting place is still being disturbed. A tough one, but I think you have reason to be stressed by it.

Dino, when you started talking about lecturing, I thought you were talking about lecturing your Dad, and how you enjoy it! Hope the kids are better behaved for you.

Hi everyone else!

Fee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.