Baby Names

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AJV29

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Hi All,

Just wondering what baby names people are considering?

I have a few ideas for boys however am struggling with girl names...

#2 riverkirst

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'm only looking at girls names original.gif So far I have in order of preference, Lexie, Sophie, annelise and violet. Just working on convincing dh to go with lexie

#3 Fifi1987

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi AJV29 we have chosen Ethan for a boy and Ella for a girl.
Our back up name for a boy is Aiden and for a girl is Anneliese.

I also like William and Ivy but husband to be veto'd those!

#4 BeakyHoneyButt

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Oh I'm jealous of you ladies who have chosen!
We have two names, Liddy but I would prefer Lydia, dh doesnt like Lydia only Liddy. And then Jenna is our second pick but I am not keen on the Nn Jen. So we are still stuck.

#5 MuddyPuddles

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Names I liked but vetoed by DH:
Brianna
Sabrina
Hayley
Lillian
Olive

Names we both liked but didnt go with middle name/surname or already used by friends or family:
Olivia
Phoebe
Talia
Anabel
Georgia
Daisy
Mikayla/Kayla

Names we've shortlisted:
Matilda and Madison

#6 AJV29

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Thanks ladies.

I also like the name Lexie however my husband doesnt like it sad.gif

Hopefully something will come to me.

#7 MGB

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Girls names on our list are:    
Evie
Alice
Annabelle

We are struggling with a boys name the only name we have come up with that we both like is Harrison (Harry).

#8 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (AJV29 @ 20/03/2013, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks ladies.

I also like the name Lexie however my husband doesnt like it sad.gif

Hopefully something will come to me.

Could be a bit too nicknamish with possibly a hint of stripper in there somewhere as well.

#9 RellBell

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

My little one is going to be Violet  happy.gif . Just have to choose a middle name!

Lexie sounds adorable, but it does sound a little like a nickname like PP said. What does your husband think of calling her Alexis or Alexandra and then name her Lexie for short?

My other favourites for girls are:

Audrey
Alice
Anastasia
Amelia
Ivy
Genevieve
Sophia

Boys:
Oliver
Tobias
Noah
Jackson

#10 riverkirst

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

We decided on lexie it's a family name and it's short given my last name is 11 letters long I didn't want an overly long first name plus I still need to think up a middle name my 3 boys all have 2 middle names and now they are at school I regret this decision while filling out paperwork as I am always running out of space. I chose not to go with Alexis or Alexandra because these would get shortened to Alex which to me is boyish ,saying that she I'll probably get lex original.gif . I really like violet and aubree or Audrey so pretty

#11 *LiMa*

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

We are planning in running with Jamison or Reece for a boy and Piper or Zoe for a girl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.