IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#51 Dadora

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Sparky - best of luck with your appt next week with Dr Sacks. I hear he is good original.gif I'm speaking with Dr M again this Thursday and getting my blood test results back - which will be interesting.
Sariele - I know we all wish for lots of eggs but my FS told me 6 eggs is "perfect" when I was feeling down about my last EPU. I always seem to get more off my left, too.
Amber - Hope the DHEA is going well original.gif

AFM - I've got another friggin cold - third in the last month. I think the steriods have just ruined my immune system, but hopefully it's all worth it original.gif I'm also stressing a little about my karyotyping blood test that I should hear about tomorrow. I don't know why but I'm just worried that something might be wrong there... omg if I'm not stressing about one thing... wink.gif

#52 Sparky10

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Just a quick one today to ask how you are doing Sariele? Have you booked your EPU yet? I hope you get lots of healthy eggs.

Dadora - Good luck with your karotyping results. I hope they don't find any issues. Totally understand the stressing though. I feel like everytime I get medical news lately it is bad news but it has to turn around sometime right???? biggrin.gif

#53 AmberSpark

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Thanks Sparky - every morning I get up, I'm looking in the mirror for chin whiskers.  unsure.gif The only thing I have found so far is my hair is oiler than normal.

Sariele - how are you going? My FS said the DHEA will give me a better fert rate but not a bigger egg count. So I will be interested to see how you go? Good Luck.

Dadora - Good luck with the results. I always get panicky with results. But I love plans.

How are you going MRae ....

AFM: nothing much to report, trying to remember to take the tablets 3 times a day is driving me nuts already. But what do you do? I haven't noticed anything as yet but it is early days.But I'm not sure?? What do you think?
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=...371085667314217

Edited by AmberSpark, 12 June 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#54 Dadora

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Haha amber biggrin.gif I hope it doesn't get that bad!

AFM - so good and bad today. My karyotype results were normal. Yay! BUT, stupid clinic are now saying I cannot do a stim cycle this month and I need to wait until August! Grrrrrrrr!!!! I am so angry with them right now. So much stuffing around and mixed messages. The hold up is only because the nurses are booked out and I need to "chat" with them before starting. OMG!! Really?! The red tape is going to drive me bonkers :/
Sorry for the rant but I am cheesed off!  rant.gif

#55 estel2

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hi everyone,

Sariele - you were expecting to be coming up to your EPU round today - I hope things are going ok for you.

MRae - I'm also doing a FET also -  I started synerol on the 5th - so perhaps a little a head of you? Anyway hope its going ok.

Amberspark  - great photo - I love the wooky look :-)

Dadora - good luck with the red tape.  It seems to have grown since our previous time in IVF.  

AFM - I had my down reg blood test this morning and confirmed all is ok so I start the prognova tomorrow.  This is strangely my first HRT FET (plenty of previous FETs but all natural, but my cycle seems too all over the place now to allow for that.)  So now hoping the prognova will clear up my syneral headache.

#56 Sparky10

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Amber - that picture is hilarious. Thanks for making me smile. It took a couple of weeks for the spots and hair to start kicking in for me so give it some time.

Dadora - Yay for your karotype testing but boo about the nurse appt. I hate all those "chat" sessions. They made us do counselling before I started PGD and it was the biggest waste of time ever. It's really frustrating when you just want to move forward with things. That said, August will be here before you know it.....I can't believe how quickly this year is going.

Estel & MRae - good luck with your FETs. I really praying for good news from you ladies.

Sariele - I hope you cycle is going well

AFM - Well I met with Dr S today and I'm feeling so relieved. He looked at my test results and whilst I showed positive for one of the NK cell tests he said it wasn't the important one and he doesn't really think NK cells are affecting my fertility....yay...so now I only have the egg issues to stress about. Anyway I think I'm due to O in the next day so off to try some BD'ing and praying for a miracle natural BFP!

#57 Sariele

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hi ladies, I'm SO sorry I've been absent for the last week!

Amber - Bahaha! That pic is awesome (and how I feel a lot of the time, hehe). Taking the three pills a day is a PITA; I ALWAYS forget my afternoon dose so I have to set my alarm for it in my phone every day.

estel - All the best for your FET! I had to dissolve the progynova under my tongue during mine, as it wasn't absorbing from me just swallowing it. My lining just sat on around 6mm and wouldn't budge, but as soon as I started putting them under my tongue it shot up by nearly 2mm in three days. Crazy.

Dadora - the only reason I wanted more is because when I've had six eggs I've only had two fertilise at the most, so FS wanted more so that we hopefully end up with more embies. In theory. Normally I'd agree with you though that for people with decent egg quality, six is a good amount. I'm glad your results were normal, but sucks that you have to wait til August! Ugh. I hope the time flies for you.

Well... I had EPU today, and we got 15 eggies!! I was totally amazed. Now I'm just wishing with every fibre of my being that I get more than two embies. Very very nervous about my phone call tomorrow morning...

Edited by Sariele, 14 June 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#58 AmberSpark

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

woo Hoo - Sariele - that is awesome. Watching for fert rates.

#59 Sparky10

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Wow. That's an amazing result Sariele. FX for a good fert rate.

#60 Sariele

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Sooooo....... I currently have 9 little zygotes in the incubator.  wub.gif wub.gif   They were able to ICSI all 15 of my eggs (I never expected that!) and 9 of them fertilised overnight. So I've gone from a 30% fert rate last cycle (2 out of 6) to a 60% rate this time! Now I just have to hope with all my heart that they also grow better than ever before, and I actually end up with a blasty or two by Day 5! I've asked the lab to give me updates every day, cause I prefer to keep tabs on my embabies as much as possible.

So very very thrilled!  biggrin.gif  I'm glad that the three and a half months of DHEA, acupuncture and CoQ10, as well as the Saizen and 600iu dose of Gonal-F seem to have done something. original.gif I almost shrieked down the phone at the poor embryologist, lol! I took the call in the middle of JB Hifi, and I had to stop myself from crying and as soon as I hung up I gave DH the BIGGEST hug, I must have looked like a tool, bahaha.

#61 Gemcat

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Sariele, I just jumped in here to stalk, read your post and got tears in my eyes!  We've just started our first stim icsi cycle and I'm hoping for many happy successful eggs. Congratulations and FX for you!

#62 Sariele

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Ohh, thanks Gemcat, that's so sweet of you! All the best for your first cycle too, I hope you get some nice beginner's luck!

Well, the good news keeps coming... we now have ten embies!! One of the partially fertilised ones from yesterday has divided! WOO! She said there's not much else she can tell me at this stage, just that they're all in normal range of cell numbers for Day 2 (so I guess they're all 2-4 cells; I didn't bother asking her for specifics).

Crazy thing is, when I was imagining our cycle results a few days ago, I thought to myself, "15 eggs and 10 fertilised", even though I knew there was no way I'd get such fantastic numbers. Weird that it's come true... not to mention AMAZING!

#63 Sparky10

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

Great news Sariele. FX you get some nice blasts. Are you doing a 5dt?

#64 AmberSpark

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Oh Sariele, that is amazing news and I am so happy for you. I am glad to hear the results having just started the DHEA.  Woo Hoo roll2.gif

#65 Sariele

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Sparky - Thanks. Yep, a 5dt on Wednesday, and I'm meant to be having a double this time if I end up with two that are good enough (fingers crossed!).

Amber - I know, I never expected that the DHEA would really make that much of a difference, but so far it REALLY has. The big test will be how my embies perform after today, cause the four I've had in my last two cycles all slowed or arrested after Day 3... I'll be very nervous for tomorrow's phone call (haven't even had today's yet!). I was reading a web page from a US clinic last night about DHEA and all the different studies on the effect it has on improving egg quality, and it's really amazing what it's done for some people! I hope you are one of them. original.gif

ETA today's update:
All embryos have progressed since yesterday. They range from 5 - 12 (!!) cells, and a couple of them have already started compacting (!!!). Is this actually happening??? I'm pinching myself! Every day I'm blown away more and more. I know I will almost definitely lose some overnight, but still, wow.

Edited by Sariele, 17 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#66 estel2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Sarielle,

That's good news - best of luck for your transfer.

estel

#67 AmberSpark

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Oh that is amazing Sariele. I am so happy for you. Mine always arrested after Day 3 as well. I am so so happy for you....see I said it twice.

AFM: Well AF arrived yesterday and with a vengeance, don't know if it is the DHEA or not but I had some pretty bad AF pains and its been a bit heavy (Sorry for TMI) but I haven't had it like this for awhile. Not since I was a teenager, sadly its making feel a little better thinking my body is getting better. who knows.

#68 Sparky10

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Sariele - how are the embies doing today? I hope that they are still doing well....you are giving us all hope!

Amber - I haven't experienced a heavier AF but my cycles seem to be slightly longer on the DHEA so I think it can have an impact on your cycle. FX it's a good thing for both of us.

#69 Dadora

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Amber - Sorry that your AF is a bit yuck but hopefully it means that something good is happening in there original.gif

Sariele - oh my gosh! What utterly fantastic news!! I'm so glad that things are going so well for you and your 10 embies!!! original.gif bbighug.gif Best of luck for tomorrow. Please let us know how you go.

Sparky - I'm really glad your Dr S appt went well. It's nice to have one less thing to worry about original.gif Has he recommended anything new, treament-wise/drug-wise, for you? Or just lots of BDing wink.gif

AFM - I had my second appt with Dr M and my immunes panel came but "pretty much normal". He has there were slight imbalances between my CD4/8 and NK cells but "nothing big". So.. I'll go on pred, clexane and Abx for the next embie transfer "just as insurance". I'm glad nothing is really wrong but I feel myself slipping in to the dreaded "unexplainable" category of infertility. Oh well. Maybe my FS is right and we've just had bad luck original.gif

#70 Sariele

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thanks so much estel, Amber, Sparky and Dadora! original.gif

Today's update: I've got two Morulae (for the first time ever on Day 4!), four that are compacting and at the "right cell number stage" for today, and a 19 cell, 10 cell and 6 cell that haven't compacted. sad.gif I just realised that's only nine embies, so one of them must have dropped off already, probably the one that fertilised late!

TBH I think the fantastic beginning these embies had has spoilt me a bit, because I was actually hoping/expecting to have around four Morulae today. But still, two is better than I've EVER had by this stage before, and so fingers crossed they go on to make blasties for transfer tomorrow..

#71 Sparky10

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Great news Sariele. Good luck for tomorrow.

Dadora - He didn't really recommend anything different than what my current FS is doing. Since the PGD with my current clinic works out cheaper than his (and I think it is superior) I'm going to stick with my current FS. So really it's just waiting another 6 weeks for the DHEA to hopefully have worked it's miracle and then onto another CGH stim cycle. We tried naturally this month and will try again next month in the hope that we can get a natural miracle before we have to do another stim cycle. How are you going? Have you got dates locked in for your next cycle?

Estel - how are you going? Have you had your transfer yet?

#72 estel2

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Sarielle, Good luck for tomorrow - sounds like those embryos are going really well.  

Sparky - hope all goes well with the DHEA

AFM - no I'm still a way off from transfer- I have two weeks of progynova with a scan on the 25th.  Since I spent the first few days of progynova with AF,  I assume its going to take at least this time to get up to the correct measurements for transfer.

#73 MRae

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi, sorry i've been MIA.  My dad has been in hospital and with IVF and staff being on leave at work its been crazy!

hahaha Amber - love your pic.  biggrin.gif  (sorry AF arrived)
Sariele - I'm so excited for you.
Sparky hang in there.  I'm glad you were able to get a second opinion that didn't find anything and hope the DHEA can do the trick for a natural miracle.
Estel - I don't do all of the synarel and progynova with my FET.  Its just Puregon injections from day 5 to trigger (around day 13), then 3 x 1500 pregnyl injections (or progesterone pessaries), with baby aspirin after ovulation.  I think that's because my cycles are regular, hormones are normal but they don't know why we haven't conceived.  Good luck to you.  Are you transferring one or two?

AFM: I triggered with 5000 pregnyl inj on Monday night.  That was CD 10 which is really early in the cycle for me to be triggering but I was so happy to only have to do one blood test and ultrasound instead of 2 or 3.  With Dad in hospital this week I was really quite anxious on Sunday about all the running around that I had to do.  It was a blessing to only need one appointment and get into it.  We have requested 2 x 5day blasts to be put in and my transfer day is on Monday 24/6.  She said my lining was really good at ultrasound but they always say that.  They always say the embryos look great, everything looks great, but we never get an implantation.  But I'm going to stay positive - this month WILL BE different.  Please, Please, Please I just want one.  original.gif

xx

Edited by MRae, 19 June 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#74 AmberSpark

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sariele that is great news, I have everything crossed for today for you. ph34r.gif

MRAE - sorry about your dad. its always a stressful time. Best of luck with the EPU and Transfer.

hi Estel and Dadora

AFM: Well I had a mini meltdown yesterday, I think I am okay after getting AF, even though I am not really trying but it always gets me in the end. So I applied for a new job, more money but away from the school system, so I would lose my holidays. I am just so confused, I feel that my life has been on hold for the past 3 years and I should be doing something. What if I can't be a mum, what am I supposed to be doing? who am I meant to be? What the hell is going on? Is my relationship safe? I always thought I would be a mum and what am I suppose to do if I can't!!!! Do I become the career women and chase the money? Do I sell the four bedroom house. the questions just keep rolling and rolling.

#75 Sparky10

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi Amber -  bbighug.gif those thoughts are only natural after so long TTC. I have days where I feel exactly the same. I quit my job when we started IVF as the hours and stress were too much to handle on top of IVF. Whilst I still think it was the right decision I'm now starting to wonder what I'm going to do if this doesn't work out. I always just assumed I'd be a mum but that is not so certain now.

If you have a job opportunity I would definitely go for it. We have also put things on hold while TTC and in hindsight I regret it. You can't stop living your life. I'm trying not to think about what I'll do if this doesn't work out as I went through a stage of that and it just freaked me out . For now I'm trying to just live in the moment and I'll deal with not having kids if and when the time comes that we stop trying. It's difficult at times but I think it keeps me in a better headspace.....that and lots of yoga and acupuncture.

MRae - good luck with your transfer.

Sariele hope your transfer went well and you got some spares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.