Ali

#2 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

Total fluke but

WINNER!!

#3 MarsBarSlice

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

I'll take silver thank you very much.

I've decided to try on line grocery shopping with Woollies today cause I can't be bothered going there.  Any tips or advice would be very welcome.

Have a great day ladies.

#4 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Goosey - I had a dream about you last night! How are you (it was a positive dream!)

MBS - No clue, I always gave up because it was so much cheaper in store (sorry!) that I decided even getting out at midnight was better than doing it on line. My sister found WW better than Coles though but often found mistakes in her bags, plus the "mixed fruit and veg" can sometimes be all fruit!

That's not helpful.

Anyway, two days of work left, wedding venue checking out this weekend, easter shopping done, almost ready to buy my flowery apron and a ribbon for my (non-existant) hair laughing2.gif

#5 Caramel Latte

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Bronze

Why is it so easy for others to get neocate but we have to deal with challenge after challenge? Paed decided he wanted to try dairy again...after a week and very noticeable improvement on neocate grrr. Two days in and Oreo is screaming her lungs out constantly and what sleep??? Over this allergy crap! (Sorry).

Eta: sorry for rant, just Oreo not doing well

Edited by ʚϊɞ Purple ʚϊɞ, 28 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#6 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Last day of work done.

I had some very lovely feedback from my students which was all a bit surprising and lovely.

Now I have to impress Teds as much as i impress my students. Do you think he is ready for tax law?

Anyway, we're away as I'm sure a lot of you are over Easter so just popping in to wish you all a lovely chocolate-filled easter full of the appropriate religious iconography if you celebrate this religious feast.

Love to you all. xx

#7 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

So do I scold Elise for nicking my dessert or praise her for sharing it (unasked) with Owen?

#8 Mamabug

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Goosy - these are the big questions. ANd i can't answer them!! All I know is that it is hard to keep a straight face and a calm voice when one turns around in the car and, spoting what is amusing the 6 & 7 yos, one has to say: "please do not throw spit balls in the car".

To which Himself nearly drove off the road with the effort of containing his mirth, before finally managing to quietly gasp: "I thought we had a couple more years before that one....".  rolleyes.gif

Dino: Just to mess with Himself's mind last week I was dressed in skirt, heels, twin set and pearls when he arrived home.... he seemed nervouse for some reason. I highly recommend trying it sometime... dev (6).gif

Oh, and I don't think a child is ever to young for tax law...I was doing basic algebra with Biggest Bug last week in the waiting room at the paed. She was quite fascinated by the whole concept of assigning values in the equation a+b=c and turning it into a sum.

And I reckon your SAHM business should be doing tax/documentation for SAHM businesses. So many of us are great at our core service/skill, but totally suck at the legal/financial/documentation side. You and Purple could go into business together and do it all remotely with the marvels of modern technology.

Purple: Do you need paed script or GP script for Neocate? I'd be telling the paed point blank NO to dairy and demanding neocate. Or going to the GP for it, or going to another paed. If you are anywhere near Liverpool, I can recommend ours.

Edited by Mamabug, 29 March 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#9 MarsBarSlice

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well what a morning I've had.  DS2 (20 1/2 months old), who is nicknamed cranky pants wore me down big time this morning.

1. Shopping at Aldi he decides to have a melt down, no idea what set it off, that went on for about 20 mins. He was sitting on the floor of Aldi as everybody walked by, him screaming, red faced, wouldn't let me or DS1 near him.  So we walked off around the corner which made him worse, came back, walked off, came back, etc. Eventually he just snapped out of it, no idea why.  And I finally got him back in the trolley to get him to the car and strapped in.

2. Came home, put shopping away, DS2 is now hungry.  He screamed at me, red faced, inconsolable, saying no to everything I offered.  I walk away, he screams louder, I walk back, I walk away, etc.  I timed this one cause we had to get back out the door, 20 mins this went on and he eventually just stopped.  So he got his bar, got in the car and ate it.

3. Arrived at Bunnings nearly 1/2 late for the reptile show so only got to see the reptile man putting the big snake, last exhibit, back into the box.  So boys played in the playground at Bunnings for a while very happily.  I decided time to go home.  So we were walking out and DS2 decided it wasn't.  So I'm carrying him out of Bunnings in a football hold while he's kicking and screaming and people just glaring at me.  Get to the car and he won't get in his car seat so had to fight him on that.

4. Get home, feed them lunch and put DS2 to bed.  Ah peace and quiet finally.

The funny thing is it was DS1 who woke up cranky today and he's been fantastic.  DS2 was in a great mood when he got up.

I'm tired now, it was just such an exhausting morning.  Unfortunately DP wasn't around to help either as he had stuff he had to do.

Vent over

#10 MarsBarSlice

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Sorry I seem to have scared you all away

OR

You all have a life over Easter and are doing really fun stuff

Happy hippity hoppity Easter

#11 Mamabug

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Nah MBS it isn'y you, it's me.

I've scared (scarred?) myself and am metaphorically sitting in the corner in the foetal position rocking and muttering "I'm a teapot"....

For the past two nights I have had rather vivid dreams about two ex-boyfriends. I have woken in tears both times wondering where I went wrong and why they couldn't love me as I loved them.... huh.gif

I don't think I want to explore this too deepley.... blink.gif

So...y'all reckon I should mention this one to the psych next time I see her????? laugh.gif

#12 Shadowess

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

It might give her something to think about!

Hope you all had a lovely day. I took a ruby to church, and we went for a wander at Westfield. Seemed totally wrong to be there in Easter Sunday, but anyway. Just ad a roast for dinner, so all in all a good day.

#13 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

We had a good Easter too. We had a potluck lunch after church and then went straight on to an easter egg hunt at the embassy. Except you can't really get Easter eggs here so it was hunt for a plastic egg (which you can get readily) and exchange for a bag of chocolate.

I also found out that you can get preblown egg shells! I find that very bizarre.

#14 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hi and happy easter all.

We have selected a wedding venue and shall be bridezilla-ing imminently biggrin.gif

We went to one of the chosen three for lunch and an easter egg hunt on Sunday and the Easter Bunny had gone totally mental at that winery. I think it might have been his last stop because he just dumped hundreds of eggs everywhere. My kids had their baskets full in about a minute and were giving me more eggs to hold! I would have said no except there were only about 20 kids there in total and the Easter Bunny was clearly expecting a lot more or was being especially generous. Needless to say there will be a lot of eggs going to day care tomorrow.

Mama - A side effect of my head-drugs is to have very "realistic" dreams where I'm not sure what is a memory and what is a dream (imagine dreaming about buying potatoes then being surprised when there aren't any!)

A side effect of the Mirena (in fact a side effect of any hormonal changes to my body) is to have seriously crazy dreams, many of them sexual in nature.

So now I wake up in the morning wondering if I have had an affair with so and so, am actually a lesbian in a relationship with Mila Jokavic (and frankly I would be) or am about to give birth for the third time.

It's fun I tell you laughing2.gif

No other news here, Martha Stewart is yet to inspire me to incredibly cleanliness and organisation in my house so things remain the same.

Love to all.

#15 MarsBarSlice

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

DinoJen - Must feel good to cross a wedding venue off your list now

Mamabug - I've had some really vivid dreams about my past lately and hoping that it's not these things that are deep down bothering me or I'm going to end up even more of a basket case than I am now

AFM:  We drove to Port Stephens to find that it was absolutely bucketing down and so ended up at Fighters World cause it is undercover.  Oh how boring.  DP and the boys had a great time looking at the planes.  At least we got out of the house I suppose.

#16 Shadowess

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

I have pretty vivid dreams, but they're even more vivid when I'm pregnant. I can usually tell you all about them when I wake up. That's how Freya ended up being Freya, I dreamt about! The bizarrest one was a few years ago, when I dreamt my London deceased grandparents weren't really dead, they had been in hiding, and were now wanting to get the electricity etc turned on, but they couldn't, because they were 'dead'. Bizarre.

Anyway, those of you Martha Stewart aspiring types- I just baked soda bread (been meaning to try making since we has awesome soda bread on our honeymoon in New Zealand 8 years ago), and OMG it was awesome! Very nice with jam. And sooo easy to make! I just got the recipe from the river cottage web site.

Okay, well, about to take Ruby to her dancing class.

#17 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I had some horrific dreams when I was pregnant with Owen but nothing special since.

I know you all have two- or nearly-two-year olds but does someone want Elise? She is driving me completely batty today.

#18 Shadowess

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Nah, Freya's sending me batty all on her own, she doesn't need any help, Jen. But thanks for the offer!

So, it's been brought to my attention that Pottery Barn is opening in Sydney next month... I see a road trip in my future...

#19 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the offer Goosey but I've got my hands full too. Could perhaps to a trade for a short period?

#20 Mynewname

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'll take her goosey but only after you have done the flight from china!!

Dinojen - How exciting about the wedding and becoming a SAHM. How is it going? Is today the first day? To be honest I'm not sure what I do with my time!

MBS - I only ever really dream when pregnant, so no advice for you.

Hello to everyone else and hope you had a good easter.

Ours was good. We went camping down the coast from us....about 15 minutes away! It was really enjoyable. All the children got on, I got out for a few runs and lots to eat and drink. I also had my first time on a kayak. I really enjoyed it and am now thinking of getting one...or buying one off ebay. I feel like I don't do anything for me anymore and thought that this could be my thing. What does everyone else do??

#21 MarsBarSlice

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Shadowess - the only thing I know about Pottery Barn is the episode on friends where ross and rachael bought stuff from there and had to hide it from phoebe

AFM:  I am happy to say that DS1 and the rest of us are in a really really good place atm.  It melts my heart to see him the way he is.  He has a twinkle in his eye again and just beams, my little boy is back.  Not saying that he doesn't get in trouble or isn't naughty but that really bad behaviour we've just endured for a very very very very long time seems to be out of his system.  He has more confidence and has just matured, even his teachers have noticed a big difference.

Countdown is on till my Ob appt.  I'm being very positive this pg but still have that nagging voice in the back of my head so am counting down.  7 days to go.  My NT scan is on 24 April, that is the really big countdown.  Due to my age I'm a little nervous about it but just hope all is good.

Anyways, hello to all of you, you are all very quiet which is a good thing I hope.  Chat soon xx

#22 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Shadowess - the only thing I know about Pottery Barn is the episode on friends where ross and rachael bought stuff from there and had to hide it from phoebe
Hahaha snap!  biggrin.gif

Hi all! Sorry for the lack of input, things have been busy (doing nothing extraordinary) around here & I haven't been very committed to keeping in contact with my various peeps. I'm reading along & thinking of you all xxx

#23 Caramel Latte

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Howdy All,

TNMT: hope you have some relax time, tho busy can be good at times.

MBS: good luck for apt.

JDU: sounds like a great Easter. I haven't done much lately for me, but after the next four weeks, am planning too. We've my step fathers kayak, have ad some great times.

Shadowess: I've never been to pottery barn...probably shouldn't admit to it lol

Goose: I'm ignoring that my youngest will be 2 this year, ignored she was 15 mths til the day as she's growing way to fast.

Dino: yay to wedding venue.

AFM: in past 12 days, Oreo has failed a dairy challenge, had 4 molars appear, what seems like over night and now getting thru hand and mouth. Hoping, sleeping more than 2 hrs (rest of time in my arms, but I need to be sitting up, otherwise she screams), will happen ASAP.  Tho, lack of sleep not affecting her so much.

#24 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hi all,

Purple - poor Oreo sad.gif And her poor mumma sad.gif I do hope it all gets sorted soon.

MBS - I am thinking of you often and crossing all my fingers and toes and everything else. So happy DS1 is a joy again, I definitely have days with my DS1 like that but they are thankfully becoming fewer as he gets older. Just in time for DS2 to start right?!!

TNMN waves.gif

Mama waves.gif

Jo - aren't you awesome posting twice in two weeks? Keep it up!!

Goosey - How's Beijing, diplomacy and the whole NK thing playing out there?

AFM: One week of SAHMing and it went pretty well. My dishwasher broke. Then my plug broke (you know those push down ones, completely fell apart). I took it as sign that someone really doesn't want me doing dishes laughing2.gif

I had a massage booked this morning which was a b'day present from SIL. I went to the shops for two hours instead  ph34r.gif  I was going to have it but then I stumbled across the special deal she got and realised how cheap it was and since I really, really hate massages - I dumped it in favour of time alone ALONE!!! Awesome.

Not much else, wedding plans continue to build beyond control, people want me to answer questions. Lots of questions. I think I will wear something fabulous but also not white. DH thinks this is a good idea. Also the guest list is getting out of hand, no more drinking for DH laughing2.gif

Have a good week all biggrin.gif

#25 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Jen - I would hold off doing any more dishes until you have had your sink thoroughly exorcised.

I hate massages too - both giving and receiving them. Just last night I was contemplating why anyone would become a professional masseus. It would be my second worse job after the people who make up rooms in hotels. Unfortunately Derek loves receiving massages. Fortunately we live in China and labour is cheap.

MBS - good luck with your NT scan! I hope your baby behaves itself and you don't have to do star jumps on a full bladder like I did with Elise.

Jo - sounds like a lovely Easter and go the kayak I say - especially if you live so close to the coast. I know what you mean about not doing anything for you anymore - at the moment I feel like I am kind of stuck there too. A lot of it is laziness on my part - that I don't take the opportunities when I have them. But really, who can be bothered going out by themselves after 7:30pm when the kids are in bed?

Purple - poor Oreo and poor you. I hope you both find some relief soon.

Megan and Fee - how is the Centenary treating you? I am pretty disappointed that I am missing out on all of that stuff.

Me - since you asked about diplomacy and Beijing and all of that Jen, I am going to give you a tmi post answer. If I don't get pregnant this month I blame Julia Gillard. She and her posse have rocked up right when I am most fertile! I got a positive OPK last night but Derek is off doing diplomacy all day and night. I am not sure when he will be back. When I say diplomacy, I believe he has to chain himself to a suitcase and do kung fu if spooks come in to steal national secrets. Rude hey? I mean sure there is a country to run and bilateral relations to maintain but couldn't they have checked?

Otherwise, anyone know how to get vaseline out of hair? Yesterday Elise got hold of a tub of vaseline and smeared it all through her hair. I have washed it three times and she still looks like a greasy haired teenager. I think I might need to use dishwashing detergent next time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.