Bread and the downfall of a man

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightDad

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

So Dear Wife sends me and our teenage  daughter to the grocery store to pick up food for home. We get to the  final item, bread, and there is a woman already standing in the aisle  looking at what to buy. The area is large, big enough to fit five or  six people. I choose a loaf and as I pick it up the woman sees it and  asks if its the last of its type. Unsure I look back at the shelf and  say I think it is the last loaf and then I walk off with my daughter  and the bread.

So we get home and I tell my wife I got  the last bread of its kind. My daughter then says a woman who was  already there saw me pick it up and asked me if it was the last one.  My wife jokingly suggests I was being a bit of a b*st*rd taking the  loaf. DD2 says the woman already had enough time to find a loaf and  was still just looking around. I then pipe in and say that had she  been elderly I would have offered her the loaf.

Then I make the critical mistake, I keep  talking. I further say to Dear Wife that if I had offered up the loaf  to the woman and we (DD2 and I) were quizzed about what she looked  like, only to have to say she was young and pretty, I would have  opened myself up to being accused of using the bread to flirt. I will spare you the gory details of  what followed.Afterward I lament to DD2 how badly it  all went. She tells me not to worry, that she understands, and shows  me this Youtube video:

Men, we dont know what we did.

#2 Hootabelles

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif
By the way.. I agree, you snooze you lose! Unless they were grabbing it at the same time then that's a different story...

#3 Hands Up

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Oh wow, I love it! The other videos are great too......

And yep, you snooze, you lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.