Book recommendation for first time Dad

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 natc82

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hi, i'm just after a straight forward book for my husband who will be a first time dad. Nothing that gender stereotypes him into being a boneheaded 'bloke' - just something straight forward that he can read along week by week so he knows what's going on and feels involved. Something a little bit light hearted or funny might be good to ease the anxiety. Any ideas?

#2 ~A2~

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Hi

Welcome to Essential Baby/Essential Kids.  

I have moved your question to the Dad's section of the site to see if they can help with your question.

So guys, any books you can recommend.

Regards

Ali

#3 vampyre

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

There is a recent thread on the same topic here.

My recommendation in that thread was 'Babies' by Dr Christopher Green. Good info, and some actual laugh out loud parts as well. Toddler Taming by the same author was also pretty good.

There are quite a few good suggestions in that thread, good luck original.gif

Edited by vampyre, 01 May 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#4 mumma freedles

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

I bought my DH "Pregnancy for Men" by Mark Wood. I've read it cover-to-cover and loved it, lots of laughing, not condescending at all. Written by a dad for dads. My DH is not a great reader, however, and I had to bribe him to sit down to read it when I was 10weeks. He read as far as 10wks, seemed to enjoy though claimed to skim a fair bit, and when he stopped he declared that since the baby was currently the size of a mini marsbar I had to buy them when I did the shopping next!

Hope that helps!

#5 natc82

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for this!! I will take a look at that other post too.

#6 TheStayAthomeDad

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hi there so good to see you all. Im a stay at home dad and have a blog with a book list. hope its a help.

TheStayAtHomeDad.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.