Support Group for High Risk NT Results #43

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#51 LouF1

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hi ladies

I hope I'm writing this in the right place, you all seem to know what you're talking about so I'm hoping someone can give me some advice?

I had my 12 week scan and the sonographer said everything looked in order.  
NT was 2.00 mm
nasal bone was present.

My maternal scrum biochemistry increased my risk to 1/120 risk of downs.
Free beta hCG: equivalent to 1.7000 MoM.
PAPP-A: equivalent to 0.4300 MoM.

I'm 37 and this is my first pregnancy.  I'm trying to be rationale and realise 1/120 is not the end of the world, although I can't help but worry.

I'm booked in for an amino on 12/7/13.

Have any of you had a similar experience?  Do you know what this means?  Should I be preparing myself for bad news?

Thanks in advance

L

#52 Andr3a

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hi Lou

I had similar results to you not too long ago. They were as follows:

I had an NT of 1.4 (ultrasound was perfect), Papp-A of .37 and HCG of 3.03, adding up to 1:47 chance for T21. I'm 32 and this is not my first pregnancy, but will be my first baby.

I had the MaterniT21 blood test (CVS not an option for us due to low lying posterior placenta. I could have waited for the amnio, but having had a miscarriage in December I just couldn't live with the risk of miscarriage of this pregnancy if I had the amnio. It would also have been another 3 wees to wait and I couldn't handle that. The $1500 for the test seemed worth it in my circumstances), and the 9 day wait was a killer. I don't think I've ever been so anxious and stressed before.

Luckily the results came back earlier than expected and we were fine. No Down Syndrome and we're having a girl.

I'm now 20 weeks and really grateful that my baby was looking health at the 19 week scan last week, and I'm feeling her move more every day.

Your odds aren't too bad compared to mine and my blood work was much worse than yours. My ob told me that based on the ultrasound he thought everything was fine and that he was sure there was no DS. He's now just monitoring my blood pressure due to the blood test results.

I know that nothing will stop you worrying (the waiting is agony) but the chances are that everything will be fine. The best thing that got me through the wait was focusing on work.  

I really hope everything will be okay for you and bubs :-)

Edited by Andr3a, 02 July 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#53 beckyp80

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hi Everyone, i'm new to this site and would really appreciate some help. I am beside myself after just having my blood test results back.
I was aware after my NT scan that there would be a higher risk of downs as my result was 4.8mm, i am 33.
But my previous pregnancy last year was 1:120 after NT of 3.5 and blood works coming back.
This result has come back 1:2 these are my blood results

Free BHCG 117.0             Free BHCG mom 2.68
PAPP-A 2470                   PAPP-A mom 0.92
12 weeks and 3 days     CRL 59mm
NT 4.8mm                NT mom 3.29

Can anyone make sense of what i should be looking at as there are two different readings, i can't believe the results have come back so high sad.gif

Thank you in advance

#54 Subbie

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hey ladies...
beckyp80 - I'm sorry your finding yourself here, it's quite stressful isn't it? i was in your shoes a few mths ago now 22wks preg and I still don't forget the day being told my 1:2 odds.
I had similar odds 1:2 for ds, other trisomies were 1:70, 1:90 and similar nt measurement to you, mine was 4.5mm. My bloods were low papp a 0.38mom and Bhcg 0.70mom from memory. The risk factor I was advised though was the "very large" nuchal trans measurement being 4.5mm, normal is 1-2.5mm and most bubs fit in b/w 1-2mm. The higher the nt, the greater the risk...I am also 33. my other kids had very low risk results.The geneticist advised bloods can be skewed for many woman and is fine, however they advised it was the nt measurement that pushed my risk right up. My bub had a nasal bone these are absent in 2/3 ds bubs. Most ds babies have high hcg and low papp, your papp seems normal and its the mom measurements i believe they look at. Close to 1 is ideal.
Remember though high odds are only an indication of increased risk not a definite. A high nt has been "associated" with an "increased risk of" chromosomal defects, congenital heart defects and structural abnormalities.
I had a cvs same day and in a few days was cleared of any chromosomal issues, best ph call in my life original.gif second stage based on the increased risk of congenital heart defect meant I had 2 fetal echocardiograms 16w, 20w..all normal. I had 2 detailed structural us 16/20 by a perinatologist again all normal. I've been told my risk is the same if not lower than a normal preg now and the risk of something being wrong is incredibly low. I do not need anymore scans. I should also add if a cvs or amnio is chromosomally normal then 85-90% are perfectly healthy, and after fetal echo and 20w scan if all good that increases to 98%. I've read a million med journals. Your last bub also had high nt which had an increased risk, so could just be one of those things, I had low papp a in my last 2 preg?. A lady in my mums group had 3 kids 1:2, 1:3, 1:2 all healthy original.gif my ob told me that the test is just a prompt for further testing its not diagnostic.
Anyway I hope you've been given some info on next steps ie blood test or cvs amnio and hope your holding up ok. Do you know what next steps you will take ie cvs?.. I shed many tears and it was just so stressful on both dh and I as well as our families. There are lots of stories where bubs are fine. This testing is still only newish and there is still lots they don't know. I'm even involved in a study...for further research. If you need to pm me pls do, if you need any info. Try and stay positive I know easier said then done but will be thinking of you. Xxx
LouF1 - your nt is in normal range, nasal bone is great, papp a is considered low when <0.40 and your hcg isn't very high. All in all your results seem pretty good original.gif. The place I went to recommends cvs amnio <1:100 and they consider high risk below 100. But the amnio will def give you peace of mind. Remember my odds are 1:2 and still came out good from cvs. I'm sure all will be well, stay positive x it is stressful though and I remember being worried when my first kid came out with a 1:15000 risk - crazy I was original.gif
Wishing you both the best outcome x

#55 LouF1

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Subbie @ 03/07/2013, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey ladies...
beckyp80 - I'm sorry your finding yourself here, it's quite stressful isn't it? i was in your shoes a few mths ago now 22wks preg and I still don't forget the day being told my 1:2 odds.
I had similar odds 1:2 for ds, other trisomies were 1:70, 1:90 and similar nt measurement to you, mine was 4.5mm. My bloods were low papp a 0.38mom and Bhcg 0.70mom from memory. The risk factor I was advised though was the "very large" nuchal trans measurement being 4.5mm, normal is 1-2.5mm and most bubs fit in b/w 1-2mm. The higher the nt, the greater the risk...I am also 33. my other kids had very low risk results.The geneticist advised bloods can be skewed for many woman and is fine, however they advised it was the nt measurement that pushed my risk right up. My bub had a nasal bone these are absent in 2/3 ds bubs. Most ds babies have high hcg and low papp, your papp seems normal and its the mom measurements i believe they look at. Close to 1 is ideal.
Remember though high odds are only an indication of increased risk not a definite. A high nt has been "associated" with an "increased risk of" chromosomal defects, congenital heart defects and structural abnormalities.
I had a cvs same day and in a few days was cleared of any chromosomal issues, best ph call in my life original.gif second stage based on the increased risk of congenital heart defect meant I had 2 fetal echocardiograms 16w, 20w..all normal. I had 2 detailed structural us 16/20 by a perinatologist again all normal. I've been told my risk is the same if not lower than a normal preg now and the risk of something being wrong is incredibly low. I do not need anymore scans. I should also add if a cvs or amnio is chromosomally normal then 85-90% are perfectly healthy, and after fetal echo and 20w scan if all good that increases to 98%. I've read a million med journals. Your last bub also had high nt which had an increased risk, so could just be one of those things, I had low papp a in my last 2 preg?. A lady in my mums group had 3 kids 1:2, 1:3, 1:2 all healthy original.gif my ob told me that the test is just a prompt for further testing its not diagnostic.
Anyway I hope you've been given some info on next steps ie blood test or cvs amnio and hope your holding up ok. Do you know what next steps you will take ie cvs?.. I shed many tears and it was just so stressful on both dh and I as well as our families. There are lots of stories where bubs are fine. This testing is still only newish and there is still lots they don't know. I'm even involved in a study...for further research. If you need to pm me pls do, if you need any info. Try and stay positive I know easier said then done but will be thinking of you. Xxx
LouF1 - your nt is in normal range, nasal bone is great, papp a is considered low when <0.40 and your hcg isn't very high. All in all your results seem pretty good original.gif. The place I went to recommends cvs amnio <1:100 and they consider high risk below 100. But the amnio will def give you peace of mind. Remember my odds are 1:2 and still came out good from cvs. I'm sure all will be well, stay positive x it is stressful though and I remember being worried when my first kid came out with a 1:15000 risk - crazy I was original.gif
Wishing you both the best outcome x

#56 Nervousmama

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Subbie, just wanted to say I'm pleased to read your scans have been all good. I had anatomy scans at 18+ and 22+ weeks to look at baby's heart which were all good too. My circumstances were slightly different though - family history of heart probs.
Anyway, glad to hear all is going well. All good here too since I got over all those early hurdles.
Despite low Papp-A being an indicator of potential growth problems, my baby is measuring a week ahead!
So sorry to new ladies who find themselves here, but hoping you are feeling positive x

#57 STB

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

I just wanted to write a brief message to hopefully reassure some of you who are stressed and anxious about your pregnancies.

I have 3 children and I'm currently pregnant with my 4th. My first child has Down syndrome which I discovered during pregnancy. I remember what an intense, scary and  incredibly sad time that was for me. He is now 9 years old and the joy of my life. Although it has been challenging at times I have never regretted having him for a second.

I just want to reassure you that if things don't turn out as your hope then things will not be as bad as you now fear. Most medical professionals know little about Down syndrome (or any other chromosomal variations) and often incite anxiety in pregnant women with what they say and do.

I think we all fear the unknown and for it is worth I have not chosen to have any additional testing in this pregnancy or any of my pregnancies since my first child. Now that I have a child with DS (Down syndrome) I know that it is not nearly as scary as I first feared.

I hope that things turn out well for all of you.

#58 Marigo1d

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hi,

This is my first pregnancy and we had our NT scan last week at 12 weeks. The results were a measurement of 5.7mm and a risk of Trisomy 21 of 1:2 (Trisomy 18 = 1:252, Trisomy 13 = 1:358). I am 28.

Since then its been a bit of a whirlwind of appointments as the radiology clinic called us on the afternoon of the scan to tell us to go to the doc asap. We went the next morning and he gave us the results then immediately made an appointment at the hospital the next morning for more testing. (1.5hr drive between doc and hospital) We went the next morning and met with the OBGYN who explained that if we wanted to do a CVS then we had to go to Bris (6 hours drive) or if we wanted to do amniocentesis they could do it here but they wouldn't until 16 weeks.

We have decided to get the amnio so now we face the next 3 weeks waiting. We have discussed what we will do with the results (had the discussion and made the decision before the initial NT scan) but I don't want to tell any of the people who know I'm pregnant (except my sister) as we don't want to be judged for our decision.

I'm glad I found this forum as reading others experiences has been helpful and it is good to know I am not alone

#59 Subbie

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Great to hear nervous mama that things have been going great original.gif excellent news. Yeah we have bad heart disease in the family on mums side (genetic) so that was a big worry for me also, they are all slim and healthy just bad genes. So glad the echos for bub were ok. Glad to hear about low papp a and growth that's awesome news. My last bub had 0.22 papp a and came out perfectly normal weight, hope bub continues to do well for you. Im sure they will x

Marigold - i know that horrible feeling of being told 1:2. Good luck with the wait, that is the worst part as well as what ifs. Will be thinking of you and hope you have a good outcome like many have had with those odds. Hope the time goes really quickly for you xx

#60 LouF1

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hi

I just waned to say thanks to those of you who replied to my shout for support a couple of weeks ago- I was high risk for downs (1 in 120).  A couple of you asked me to let you know how I got on.

Anyway, I had an amino this morning and am so relieved to say that I found out this evening that we're fine, and I'm having a little boy:). What a relief.

I've been feeling ok all day, I got really tired this afternoon ( so made the most of having a nap), I've had my feet up all day, although I can tell that someone has been messing around a bit with my belly.

The only thing is that I think I've been leaking a bit of amniotic fluid. Nothing to considerable, I've been wearing a really thin panty liner which is just a bit damp every time I've been to the loo. I haven't had any cramps, although I think I had a bit of wind earlier, TMI!

So, I'm thinking I only need to get worried if I start cramping and losing more amniotic fluid?

Any advice, reassurance, opinions would be welcomed?

Thanks

Lou

#61 toledo104

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hello,

I'm another newbie, and I've had a look through a few of the previous threads. I was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience to me...

This is my 2nd pregnancy and we haven't told anyone about it yet (at all!) SIL1 has just announced that she's pg with bub #4 and SIL2 has just had a m/c at 6wks so we (I!) want to tread a little carefully.

I recently had my 12wk scan, which showed a high NT result (2.5-2.63mm), which is basically the upper limit of "normal" or just outside.

My bloods were ok (PAPP-A 0.99MoM & bHCG 1.2MoM)

My risks came back at 1:1333 T21; 1:11333 T18; 1:8057 T13 (all considered "low-risk" but much bigger than my previous pregnancy).

Although these numbers are all ok, they are still worried about the high NT result and the associated risk of congenital heart defects. The report says they want to look at the heart again at 19wks. I don't see the OB for another 10 days to talk about what this means. I don't know if I can wait that long - or until 19wks to see if there is a major problem! Neither of us has any family history of heart defects, and the result has really thrown me.

I'm worried and not sure what to do - I want to share my (cautiously) happy news, but I'm quite a private person and don't want to have THAT conversation with everybody we end up telling. Also, perhaps like others, I don't want to be judged on any tough decisions we might have to make (we have already talked about the possibilities and are 99% sure what we would choose). I know it is pre-emptive, but the waiting and not knowing is just making me more anxious.

Has anyone had a similar result? I know my numbers are not as worrisome as others' seem to be, but I am hopeful of some reassurance (?) or at least someone who has travelled my path before me...

Thanks!

#62 tick

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

toledo104 - If I had those results I'd happily tell the world..... but my DD2 has a NT measurement of 7.1 mm so 2.5 sounds positively tiny to me!  The likelihood of anything life-threatening being wrong with your baby is pretty small, I think you should try your best to relax and enjoy it and go with the flow of your pregnancy.    

Marigo1d - wow that's going to be a long wait.  I wish you all the best.  I had a similar experience with DD2 - very high risk for all three trisomies including 1:3 for T21.  Her nuchal fold was 7.1 mm.  CVS was clear but with a reading like that we had other things to worry about also ..... it was a horrible time between that 12 week US and the 16 and 20 week ones checking everything in great detail.  We didn't announce the pregnancy until 20 weeks although had to tell people as we saw them in person as it became fairly obvious.  Still, she turned one a couple of weeks ago and is the most delightful little darling, I just marvel at her every single day!  

#63 Nervousmama

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hi Toledo - I know it's a worrying time but your results sound pretty good to me too. I had to have a scan done to check my baby's heart due to family history rather than NT measurement so I know that they can't check the heart before the 19 week scan because it's just too small. I had mine done at 18+4 and had to go back 4 weeks later to get a better picture because even those few days early made a big difference.
I don't think you need to worry too much, especially given your clear family history, but I know what it's like to worry and be told by well-meaning people that the baby will be fine! I'd go ahead and announce the pregnancy if it were me though. Out of interest, how big was the baby in comparison?
Lou - I responded to your post in the general section. Hope everything is going well now.
Marigold - hoping the next few weeks fly for you. As everyone has said, the waiting (and googling) is the worst.
Tick - lovely to hear good news stories!
Thinking of you all...

#64 Subbie

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hey Lou - Wooo great news on your result. So happy for you original.gif

Hi toledo104 -
Generally increase in NT measurement shows an “increased risk” of congenital heart defects the higher the NT is above the 'normal range' . Your overall risk ratio is very low risk which prob excludes anything chromosomal, your bloods are pretty much perfect J…your NT is upper range of normal which is still good, however they are obviously just being super cautious and just checking it to be sure. The heart is checked standard anyway in any 20 wk scan in great detail .You can ask for a fetal echo at 15-16weeks to avoid waiting I was recommended by Syd US for woman to do this scan earlier at 16w as the equipment is able to do this now, it was done with a cardiologist and they advised they can see all major abnormalities by this stage…plus again they checked it at 20wks due to my high NT 4.5mm and high 1:2 odds. My fetal echos were normal. Based on your odds and measurement im sure all will be perfectly fine…the results are not bad they are good. Just remember your NT measurement is not really elevated you are just in the upper range of normal..and like all babies some measure small, avg, big in a range same with an U/S measurements J

Here is some risk info from medical literature for factual stats. In total, 67,256 pregnancies, the prevalence of major cardiac defects was 2.4 per 1,000 (overall 0.24%). In chromosomally normal fetuses, the prevalence of major cardiac defects increases exponentially with NT thickness. CRL of 45 mm -84mm has NT between 1.2 and 2.1 mm at 11w 6 days and NT b/w 1.9 and 2.7 mm (median and 95th centile values) around week 13 and 6. These are the normal NT ranges. The 99th centile is about 3.5 mm. Above this is out of normal range.

The risk of congenital heart defect (being something very minor (e.g. self repairable) or major) is:

0.16% for NT 1.2-2.5mm

1% for NT of 2.6–3.4 mm

3% for NT of 3.5–4.4 mm,

7% for NT of 4.5–5.4 mm,

20% for NT of 5.5–6.4 mm and

30% for NT of 6.5 mm or more (Souka et al 2004).

As you can see your risk is very very low…but for piece of mind you can opt for a echo earlier to avoid waiting. But your results really are quite good. Try not to stress. I know though we all read into everything original.gif  

#65 Nervousmama

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Good to know about the fetal echos Subbie. Hmmm, wonder why I wasn't offered one?! Would have been preferable to two separate anatomy scans.

#66 Subbie

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Nervous mama you prob werent offered one as fetal echos are only advised when there is a high NT measurement like mine was 4.5mm as there has been an association with increased risk of congential heart defects. As your NT was I believe in perfect range 1.8mm, they probably wouldnt see the need apart from the standard detailed ultrasounds which pick up most defects anyway if that makes sense. Even with fetal echos they are only generally recommending when the NT is >99 centile I was told.

#67 Happy hopes

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here and sorry to hear all of you are going through this horrible experience. It is really great to read about some if your fantastic outcomes.
My story is, after a 'perfect' 1st trimester ultrasound, I got an awful phone call the day after to say we have a 1:2 risk of our baby having trisomy 21.
My results were:
NT: 1.4mm (0.92 MoM)
Hcg: 1.25 MoM
PAPP-A: 0.07 MoM (not a typo!)
Nasal bone was seen but this is not taken into account here in SA.
I'm 28 years old.

I was obviously in total shock and begged my gp to re-do the blood test.
This time results were
Hcg: 3.1 MoM
PAPP-A: 0.1 MoM
So no better!

I will be 14 weeks this Sunday and we have had the Verifi maternal blood test done (same as materniT21 etc) but we won't get results back for 2 weeks...
I am absolutely beside myself and the wait is just awful.
All my best wishes to those of you anxiously awaiting results xx

#68 bees-knees

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (STB @ 06/07/2013, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to write a brief message to hopefully reassure some of you who are stressed and anxious about your pregnancies.

I have 3 children and I'm currently pregnant with my 4th. My first child has Down syndrome which I discovered during pregnancy. I remember what an intense, scary and  incredibly sad time that was for me. He is now 9 years old and the joy of my life. Although it has been challenging at times I have never regretted having him for a second.

I just want to reassure you that if things don't turn out as your hope then things will not be as bad as you now fear. Most medical professionals know little about Down syndrome (or any other chromosomal variations) and often incite anxiety in pregnant women with what they say and do.

I think we all fear the unknown and for it is worth I have not chosen to have any additional testing in this pregnancy or any of my pregnancies since my first child. Now that I have a child with DS (Down syndrome) I know that it is not nearly as scary as I first feared.

I hope that things turn out well for all of you.

Hi all,

I just wanted to add my thoughts to STB's above.

My daughter also has Down syndrome, and I would agree that it's nowhere near as scary as I had expected.  I think it's important to remember that while medical professionals will let you know all the health risks that can be associated with Down syndrome, they do have a slightly skewed perspective, as generally, their experience of people with Ds will be when they are unwell.  So they see that, but they don't see the healthy people with Ds living happy, productive lives because they don't need to go to the Dr very often!

I know that when you're waiting on those results, you're hoping against hope that your baby does not have Ds, but if he/she does, please know that it's not the end of the world.  There is a huge community of people out there with a wealth of knowledge, as well as countless resources available for support.

While I totally understand that for some people, termination is the right choice, and I would never judge someone who made that decisions, if you are faced with a pre-natal Ds diagnosis, I urge you to do research about what it's like to parent a child with Ds before making a decision.  And by that, I don't mean consult Doctors, I mean consult parents who are in that situation.  You can find these people either through your state's Down syndrome association, or you can PM me.  I'm happy to chat via PM, or I can try to find someone in your area if you'd rather talk to someone in person.

For anyone in this situation, please feel free to get in touch with me via PM if you have any questions.  Best of luck to those waiting on results.

#69 flossiemac

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Another newbie/long time EB lurker here.  I just had TBH totally unexpected call from the genetics counsellor after having a perfectly normal scan last week - nasal bone present and nuchal thickness of 2mm. I was expecting "all fine and odds in the 0000s" however was told I'm high risk at 1:174 which I had to sit down at. I'll be 38 at EDD and I have a 2 yr old DD. My results are PAPP-A 0.43 hCG 1.63 which I've seen reading through previous posts with great outcomes.

I'm seeing the genetic counsellor tomorrow and will need to make the decision to have CVS then as I'm 13 wks already. I think I'll opt for a CVS as I have sky high anxiety levels at the best of times and will crack if I have to wait for the blood test results.  This will all be done through the RNSH so I assume/hope/pray that they do this expertly.  Not really sure why I've posted here, just reading stories and knowing that I'm not alone is reassuring...

#70 melanieb530

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

Just want to add to what bees-knees and STB have said above. I also have 3 children and the youngest has Down Syndrome and (despite a few health issues) she is delightful. She is doing everything that her siblings are doing - just at a significantly slower rate. I would not be afraid of having another child with Down Syndrome.
Heart surgery is pretty routine these days and doctors do tend to present the worst case scenarios.

#71 Peggy Olson

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

FlossieMac - hope the meeting with the genetic counsellor gives you some clarity. If you're worried about a CVS, there are less invasive tests available for T21/13/18 now, they have the same turn around time for results as a CVS.

#72 Happy hopes

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

I am incredibly happy to say that my Verifi blood test results came back early and our baby does not have any chromosomal abnormalities. So even with the worst bloods in the world and a 1:2 risk factor, it can be ok  biggrin.gif
FlossieMac - as Melody said, there are new non-invasive tests available - I had the Verifi blood test done as I wasn't comfortable with the risks involved with CVS and was not far along enough for an amnio. The blood gets sent to the US where they isolate the baby's genetic material in the mother's blood. It takes up to 2 weeks for results, but I got mine back sooner than that. CVS was going to take 2 weeks for results as well. It does cost $1250 though, was totally worth it to me.
Wishing you all the best x

#73 flossiemac

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

I met with the genetic counsellor who was lovely and went through all the options with us.  Given that I'm 13.5 wks meant that I did opt for the CVS. I would have preferred the non-invasive options but the timings would have restricted options in terms of a bad result.  Yes I do tend to think the worst...  I barely coped with a demanding but healthy baby as there's only my husband and I, plus I had severe PND.  I feel a bit twingey but ok, I've been on the couch for most of the day catching up on some reading. Fingers crossed that my results are in before the weekend.

#74 flossiemac

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

PS happy hopes - that's great news on your results!

#75 Marigo1d

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Great to hear others have had good results! especially coming from similar risks to mine.

After a centuries long wait* (*ok so about 3 weeks) I went in for Amniocentesis last Tuesday. After an hour and a half of trying to find somewhere to take the sample from that didn't involve going through the placenta they couldn't extract any fluid so I have to wait til next Tuesday and do the same thing over again.

The wait continues.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.