PAM Grads #20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
256 replies to this topic

#201 Mamabug

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

nah, not the jellous....I now haz the #@**!

#202 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

biggrin.gif

#203 Mamabug

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif  

Er. Need a nanny????

#204 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 02/07/2013, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er. Need a nanny????

Yes actually, are you offering to come for free?

#205 Mamabug

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

If by free you mean you will pay my air fairs and rugby tickets, why yes!
Promise I'll be happy to watch the minnow games, not the semis!!!

Edited by Mamabug, 02 July 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#206 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Ah you see, i think it would be during the rugby that we need the nanny laughing2.gif

But yes, we could pay your airfare and accommodation etc. Even give you our leftovers so you don't starve wink.gif

#207 Mamabug

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

But surely you wouldn't be going to EVERY game?????

Couldn't you let the nanny go see the Romania v USA match in round one?????

#208 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Oh, yes if you want to go to any old game then sure, support romania, hong kong or whoever else wins through out of the 'minnows' laughing2.gif

#209 Shadowess

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Just for you, Aphraell and Mama... I think everyone else saw these on facebook...

Never, ever, doing bananas again...

next challenge is a mermaid, apparently.

#210 Caramel Latte

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Shadowess: Love the cakes!!! My issue with my B1 cakes, was the damn blue colour stained EVERYTHING! Good luck with the mermaid!!!

Dino and Mumabug: Sounds like a plan!

MBS: yay to the lovely outing! I normally love the Silverside in the SC but I totally stuffed it up today (mixed up ingredient qty and forgot to turn it on til late)....

Aphraell: So hope Miss X feels better asap.

Thanks guys, thought I might sound silly getting excited over 5kgs. Have another weigh in tomorrow but am feeling so bloated, had a bad week so not getting hopes up. 26hrs before DH turns up at train station....

#211 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

CL - 5kg is awesome and it is more than I have managed lately (although that could be the cupcakes, chips and bread I keep eating...)

Fee those cakes were awesome.

I came in to whinge a bit - I have realised that I am really ready for breastfeeding to end. It hurts, he mostly plays, he grabs my nipple often and with alarming precision whenever he feels like it and gives it a twist and yesterday it took two attempts and two hours to get him to nap and 3 hours to get him to sleep last night.

I have had it - I will give him his last feed on Friday night and look forward to a cranky weekend biggrin.gif

I am a bit sad about it all on the one hand but on the other I am really looking forward to having my body back. I hope I wont regret it in a week!!

#212 Caramel Latte

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Whinge away Dino, that sounds painful (both physically and (time for naps etc) mentally).  BF coming to an end has its low and high points. Tho I only made it to 4.5mths, giving up was something that has been upsetting to me, to this day. I think your are awesome for making it this far!

#213 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Great Bananas Fee!! They're Bananariffic!  wink.gif  

Dino - does that mean I don't get to slap you now? Damn, I was looking forward to that wwhistle.gif laughing2.gif Stopping bf is bittersweet but it sounds like you're very ready. Good luck!. I was so sad when I stopped with Caelan. I'm down to once a week with Carys & torn about stopping altogether.

Mama next time there's an international on here bring everyone to stay & go watch the game with Himself.

DH & I are going out for a proper grown ups lunch today - yay! We're going here. I've been wanting to go here for ages and am very excited!!

#214 Caramel Latte

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (ThatsNotMyName @ 03/07/2013, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DH & I are going out for a proper grown ups lunch today - yay! We're going here. I've been wanting to go here for ages and am very excited!!

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Edited by Caramel Latte, 03 July 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#215 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Oh now I want to go there for lunch.

Our next date night is not for 3 weeks. It will be our -1 year anniversary, I believe the appropriate gift for a not-yet-married anniversary is a sports car. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...

#216 Mamabug

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Dino - I'm behind you on that sports car. When you get it, just make sure it is a modle that has NO anchor points!!!!

#217 Mynewname

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Wow, hope you have a good time TNMN. Grown up lunch sounds exciting.

Just a quick one from me. I have the father in law here from the uk and husband is in canberra so its pretty full on.  Don't really feel like I can spend all day on EB! He's here for the Lions match. Who's excited for Saturday......

Hope everyone is well and all little ones are better.....

#218 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Dp is going up for it with all his pommy mates (3 of them). I am staying here and looking after the kids, weaning Teds and almost certainly not sleeping at all because both kids get up most nights!!

I am making the kids stay up to watch it though so Carn Wallabies!!

#219 Mamabug

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

There should never come a point in a person's life when they think:

Oooohhh, lentils, brussel sprouts, brown rice...cool, dinner is taken care of.

#220 Caramel Latte

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Trying               to                 stay                   awa zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
not working at all! Oreo asleep and after two bad nights, just want to sleep. But DH arrives at airport in approx. 10 mins and at train about hr and half later....

Mumabug: My nanna use to make a lentil meal, that I use to refuse non stop (then of course the same meal be offered each time until I finally ate it)... I am missing it now and want my mother to pass on the recipe. Brussel sprouts on other hand. But it could make a nice meal.

Dino: While DD#3 is a night owl, I am not sure how you do all nighters with two young ones.

TNMN: Hope you had a great lunch today.

#221 Mamabug

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

CL - hoping the reunion wasn't to angst ridden. And hoping that you are busy today with DH and not on here with us!!! Not that we don't appreciate your company, rather we hope you appreciate each other's company more!!

And, more seriously, I know how hard it is to readjust to having someone around all the time. Doesn't mean you don't love them or aren't happy to have them home with you, it just means that things, out of necessity of their absence, have changed, and it takes time for everyone to find their place in the new dynamic.

I have been through this a couple of times when Himself has been o/s for many months working. I'm here if you need an understanding listener. I think JDU would agree with some of what I have said, yes Jo?

AFM - I'm getting my second new fridge in less than three months today! Lets hope this one doesn't try in self destruct! We are going away tomorrow - think I might leave it unplugged until we get back just in case.... glare.gif

Today is the great stuffed bunny day - our little guest had a cold and coouldn't come on Tuesday, so my day has just become more hectic as we planned the sewing day for when the two littlest girls were at day care. Now we have to do it with them at home - and I have no doubt they will want to 'hep', as Ladybugs says!

So, today I have to:
-be home all day so new fridge can be delivered
- pick guest up at 10am
- make five stuffed bunnies
- remember to feed everyone!
- guest picked up at 2.30pm
- take Master Bug to friends place at 3pm
- take three girls to different friends place
- milk cow (which is why I have offloaded the kids. Sooooo much more peaceful for the cow and myself if the kids aren't around...)
- pack for our holiday as we are leaving tomorrow afternoon.....

Anyone want to come and help me - extra kids won't be a problem as they will just get lost in the crowd!!!! tongue.gif

#222 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

I would come over but I have a tip run and huge shop to do.

Also I am sick. Whine.

Not bad, I have a cold sore (in my nose!) and am now feeling a bit hot and cold and queasy, hopefully it doesn't hit in full force by the weekend when DP is away for the weekend!

CL - You have fun with DH and leave him with the kids for at least one day and go have some fun alone time!!

#223 Mamabug

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

I accept your reasoning, Dino. And appreciate you keeping your poxy-ness to yourself.

Also hope you don't fall in a heap on the weekend. Sucks the bigs one being crook when on one's own with gremlins.

#224 aphraell

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 03/07/2013, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There should never come a point in a person's life when they think:

Oooohhh, lentils, brussel sprouts, brown rice...cool, dinner is taken care of.

So its wrong that I want the recipe ????

As to Peppa Pig world...lets just hope DD is over that phase if/when we ever make it to europe!!! I was lying awake at 2:30am this morning singing the Peppa Pig song!

TNMN - hope you had a great "grownups" lunch! That place looks fabulous

CL - yay for you DH being back! Hope you got some sleep last night

Shadowess - very impressive bananas!  I got out of cake making this year (other than a basic cake for daycare before we left)  as we were travelling but am thinking I am goings to have to do something special next year

Mamabug - wow, busy day!  ITs always like that before a holiday though isnt it - a mad dash at the end original.gif

Dino - boo to the cold sore. Hope you feel better soon

AFM - Miss X bounced back yesterday morning at about 3am - woke up asking for biscuits and milk!  She had stomach cramps last night so was up again for a few hours.Sigh.

About to head off to submit the next round of paper work to our council for ongoing saga of a renovation (started in 2007!). I have over 20 pieces of paper (application forms, plans, drawings etc) that has taken weeks to prepare - and this is just to install 2 metres of stormwater pipe udner the footpath. I hate my local council  rant.gif  Wish me luck

#225 Caramel Latte

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

Short post..no sleep as DH lost all his money, sometime between paying for train ticket and testing in car. So up all night stressing, as that was our grocery money. Of course it wasn't handed in :-(. Wish he believes in bank accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.