PAM Grads #20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
256 replies to this topic

#51 Shadowess

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

That's gold...

#52 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I accept your horrible smell stories but I am still nauseous from yesterday's effort so I am not experimenting with either of your suggestions to see if you are right. I think the rotten egg smell was MORE than enough for at least a year or two  sick.gif

Train cake going together today, if I manage to post it on FB I will link it here. Along with my sisters's AWESOME cake which makes mine look like a proper WW cake (to be fair she does work in a cake decorating shop and is serving a kind of apprenticeship).

Happy Friday's everyone biggrin.gif

#53 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Moan, why can I not find any decent crackers!? I just bought a prising looking packet of "vegetable crackers" and they turn out to be almost individually wrapped sweet gritty biscuits with herbs and a coating of salt. I mean, what is that?

Dont worry dinoJ, I was not vying for the stinkiest prize. You and cowmama can fight that out.

#54 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Oooh, and can I show off my train cake from Owen's last birthday. My cake decorating advice is that a whole lot of icing covers a multitude of defects:

#55 key4

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi All,

I have been trying to keep up but I have no idea where my time escapes to.

Cakes - Icing does hide all the problems and tastes great too original.gif

JDU- Hope the second interview goes well for you original.gif Interviews are nerve wrecking aren't they, my husband tells me it is just as bad to be on the other side of the table and he hates when he needs to recruit.

purple - sounds like a terrible journey you are having with Oreo, I hope treatment helps though.

Dino - Life without gluten would be a bad place for me hope you are not positive.

Ok my rest time over I as usual have a million things to do, my body was screaming at me to sit down for a minute though so put it to good use original.gif

#56 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Oh I would much rather recruit than be interviewed!

Goosey - PM me your address and I'll send you crackers. And orange paper. And whatever else the capital of the world is missing wink.gif

Key - waves.gif great to hear from you.

Nice train cake, I am also of the opinion that icing covers everything biggrin.gif

#57 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Ice Ice baby...

#58 Shadowess

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

I just spent hours designing Freya's birthday invitation... totally the queen of photoshop tonight! I ...ahem.. procured... various bananas in pyjamas pictures from various places and created my own invitation. Learnt lots of new tricks! Now, I can't wait to do Ruby's...

Now I just have to figure out the cake.. which will be bananas, but have to decide what form it's going to take... I love birthday season!

Gosh that's a sad way to spend a Friday night...

#59 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

I spent my Friday night with the canteen ladies having a sewing bee to make new canteen aprons lol!! We actually had a lovely night, there was lots of radio & singing, plenty of laughs, cake, cups of tea & a glass of bubbly.

#60 Shadowess

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

That sounds like a great night, Megan!

Busy day... Went bowling with some friends ths afternoon.... Was actually not the painful mistake I was invisaging, but rather fun! Maybe because i thrashed everyone... Ruby did well, and Freya managed not to drop a ball on her foot, although she gave it a red hot go.

The the 4 of us went to the club for dinner...

So, good day all round.

#61 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

I have uploaded the photos to FB - someone 'splain how to put it on here and I will!

How's the long weekend going?

We had Oliver's party yesterday which wiped us out, I got my hair cut, oliver got his hair cut, Oliver's best friend got his hair cut, Oliver's best friend's Mum got her hair cut - it was a very glamorous party laughing2.gif

He was also was given every spiderman toy in kmart, which is good because i don't let him watch spiderman so he has bugger-all interest! On the plus side he got a new barbie doll which is (according to him) so special it has to stay in it's box "so it doesn't get wrecked" laughing2.gif Giver of said barbie doll thinks this is a brilliant outcome!

Back to my uterus - (And TMI) - I really don't understand how I can bleed and spot constantly for 14 weeks and then be having a period this heavy 2 days after getting the bugger out. Seriously? It's berknackered.

Stoopid body.

#62 Mamabug

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

weekend going well. I was on milking roster last night and this morning. So out of practice at this - she has been dry for three months and now is leaking all over the place!!!

I completely understand the joy of designing invitations, have been doing this for years. Am currently working on elegant tea party one for the Biggest Bug's 8th.

#63 Shadowess

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

So I had the bright idea this morning to rearrange Ruby's bedroom... Which is fine, until you get to the bit where all the furniture and big  stuff is moved, but you're left with all this other crap that you need to tidy up and find a home for! Why didn't I remember that part, from when I used to change my room around??

Have fun milking, mama! And the tea party sounds great!

Jen, photos look great! Oliver is totally a mini you!

Taking Ruby to a play centre party this afternoon... At what stage do you stop inviting daycare and pre-school friends to parties, and just stick with school friends?? (Unless old friends are really close) this is a daycare friend, and I'm wondering how long we need to keep inviting each other to parties. I guess I was hoping to not invite her to Ruby's, this year.

Sigh. The etiquette of birthday parties....

#64 Caramel Latte

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Dino: Olivers Bday pics look great, that was a great cake! Hope there is some break with the uterous issues. I know for me after #2, my cycles went crazy.

Mumabug: I haven't milked a cow, since I was about 7 and was visiting my uncles farm... once was enough for me lol. DD#3 wants to have a mini farm, so we can make our own fruit/vegies, have cows for milk etc.. so not sure if it will ever happen or if I would venture into milking ever again.

Shadowess and TNMN: sounds like fun time, had by all.

Hi Key: How's things going? Nice hearing from you.

Goose: Like the cake pic...

AFM: There is so much I should be doing...invites and party organisation for DD#3 10th Bday, sorting out house etc but motivation is out the door. Friday went well but was full on and still cant believe it all. Been saying for 17mths, Oreo's weight wasn't right, been saying for 4+ weeks that her not eating wasn't right... but nobody listened. Now, it set alarm bells off on Friday.

Worried about her skin issues and now being told I need to give her bleach baths. Still haven't as, this is still tad out there, for me. Worried I will get the mixture wrong and burn her. Monthly hospital visits for the CVID and weekly dietician visits, till her weight back on track.

Sigh. with being extra careful etc, she will be ok (huge positive) but treatment will be regular intragam infusions and I was worried about the odd blood test. Wondering, what I did that she has to go thru this?

Least she is a very happy girl, 80% of the time (changes minute I try to put her in pram, not let her run a muck (she is so active, its hard to keep up as I get tired out first lol) etc). Than thanking my lucky stars, that it was only this and nothing worse.

Edited by ʚϊɞ Purple ʚϊɞ, 09 June 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#65 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Purple - bleach bath? Gosh... how is that supposed to help? Won't it just dry her all out? Poor little Oreo.

I am a terrible friend. Not only am I desperately jealous of my friend who just had her third baby but I hate the name she gave it - I think it is absolutely ridiculous. So I hid the birth announcement from my facebook feed without even congratulating. This giving up TTC thing is not so easy when you are riddled with PMS.

#66 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

You aren't a terrible friend you are human. I bet you a bazillion dollars you will congratulate her soon, she wont notice you're a day later than anyone else (lots will be).

Now you have to PM me that name or I'll be getting most upset laughing2.gif

I haz a cold. It sucks. It's not the worst cold I've had by any measure but I'm sick of it hurting my sides when I cough and my nose is red and dry. poor me. Also (TMI again) I am passing clots that are very, very large. Very freaking me outy.

Best try and convince Teds that he wants a nap while he is utterly convinced that he does not biggrin.gif

#67 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

You asked for it dinoJ....

I hate colds but I get a kind of zingy feeling from clots. There is something you wish you didn't know about me.

#68 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm very curious about the name now too! You know what though, she'll be so busy she won't  have time to wonder why you haven't congratulated her. And if she is spending her time & effort  getting put out about it then she's a twit.

DinoJen did you read that article on EB about Mirena not being for her (the writer)? It mentioned weeks of big clots too.

#69 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I skimmed it, I kinda thought "yeah, bit like every other birth control really - different strokes and all that'! I didn't have clots on it, just since it came out. Oh well, not much i can do - no one gets really interested in a heavy period unless there is an underlying reason to - given they told me to expect to bleed for 8 weeks after it went in it's probably 16 weeks after it comes out laughing2.gif

I can assure you that the name is awful. No way would it have got past the EB name police. Nor should it!!

One week until we go to QLD, I am looking forward to it but A is giving me the big fat sh*ts over how much work he has to do and how "he'll have to take some with him" and all this stress - it's a week. A WEEK. If the business can't run without you for a week you've done your job wrong and so have your superiors.

But I can't say that to him - as a non-professional type person I have NO idea what it's like to work at that level rolleyes.gif

#70 MarsBarSlice

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hi ladies

GooGoose - Put yourself first and say congrats when you are ready. I admire your decision and hope that I too can have the courage to make that decision when the time comes after the struggle I had with it last year.

You've got me curious about the name too, can you post it or pm it to us please?

DinoJen - Fantastic cakes.  I had a train cake made by my MIL for my 40th.  DS1 chose the cake of course.  It was lovely.

Kitting Ladies - I'm working on my squares but not very successful, don't give up on me yet please, I'm determined

Purple - Great to get answers finally, hang in there, you've done so well persisting so far and it's paid off

AFM: There is an article on EB about umbilical cord dangers and now I'm re thinking the whole birth for this baby cause it's the whole reason I'm not allowed to go VBAC. It's scary, I've spoken to DP about it and he is in agreeance about talking to the OB about the article and taking her advice.

We've just had 2 nights with DS1 sleeping at the grandparents place. DS2 didn't cry or get upset, none of us yelled, the place was calm. Poor DS1, it must be tough being a 4 year old. I know it sounds awful what I've written but it was a nice break. I do love him but he pushes my patience way too much at times.

#71 Mamabug

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Clots freak me out. PTSD relating specifically to clots, me thinks!!!

Purple - strength, my love, strength. You have some answers. Probably so many more questions, but a path at times, no matter how obscured, can be so much better than wandering blind in the wilderness.

Goosey - need to see the name. Why do I suspect I'll probably like it????? We disconnected from family when we were struggling with TTC, completely understand hiding a FB feed....besides you can blame Govt. sensorship soooo easily at the moment... ph34r.gif

key -  waves.gif wonderful to 'read' from you!!! hope you are well, despite being busy/tired?

MBS - whe we remove #1 from the equation life instantly becomes more peaceful. The dynamics just completely change. I definitely understand what you mean on this one! And we won't give up on your knitting. I can assure you there will be cold people in need of a blanket for a very long time, so no deadline pressure.

AFM - please don't quote this bit as I will probably edit my post in a while. I'm having a bit of a struggle, but feel strong enough to share with you all now. The reason I dropped of the planet a while ago is that I spent five weeks in a mental health unit. I am doing soooooo much better now than I was. A change of medication, a good rest, supplements as I was pretty much depleted of everything. I'm just feeling very tired at the moment and a bit overwhelmed by everything. I need to take a few deep breaths and keepp telling myself one step at a time.

#72 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Oh Mama I'm so sorry we weren't able to support you at the time. I'm so glad you have told us, please keep talking about how you're going. Can I help? In a couple of weeks I'll be finished tafe for the semester & could come up for a weekend and kid wrangle while you have some down time away from home. I know I've thrown this out there before but please lets make some concrete plans OK?xx

#73 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Mama : I should start with saying that I am so glad everything is a lot better now. But I am sorry that you have been in a bad way. Love to you and good thoughts.

Here is some more womanly woe. I am allergic to the pads I just bought a bazillion of.

Edited by with the goo goose, 10 June 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#74 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

hugs mama.

You know I'm here. Or there is required. Xxx

#75 key4

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Mama - Glad you are feeling better and so sorry you got to such a bad place in the first instance.

For Mama's benefit on the topic of names at the park the other day I met Sage but her sister was not Tarragon it was my daughters name!!!! First thing I thought of was you Mama in the great naming decision of ladybug original.gif

Goosey - that plain sucks that you are stuck will useless pads - needing in the first place is bad enough.

My husbands grandmother passed away today she was in a nursing home and lost the will to live many years ago, I am still however shocked by the reaction of the family - it was we are all very relieved and happy that it is finally over (I understand it but there seemed to be no grief at all maybe a coping mechanism ?).

I cried and was the only one as we didn't get a chance to say goodbye as my mother in law did not want us seeing her and refused to let us in from mothers day onwards. Hopefully she knew we did care even if we weren't allowed to be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.