TTC or Pregnant Hyperemesis Gravidarum Sufferers and Survivors #32

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 this_is_nuts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

Purple Polka Dots: I have been pregnant 4 times. I terminated my third pregnancy for a couple of reasons, the big one being that I was ill with HG and my son was 15 months old and I couldnt cope. I was bedridden at 4 weeks. I started experiencing debilitating nausea at 3.5 weeks, so more or less right after implantation lol my partner really struggled to be a fill time parent and nurse while I laid in a dark room and dry retched every rime ny toddler came in to give me a good night hug. It was horrible, not only vomiting blood because of the pressure, but also missing him and not knowing what he was up to. I couldn't even tolerate light, let alone conversation.
I now have a second child, she is currently 18 months. I don't remember anything for about a year there. I got I'll at 6 weeks with her and basically spent 4 straight months in bed. After that I could get up but not often and it was all a nauseated haze. Then when I HAD my daughter, it went away but I also had severe complications so recovery plus newborn haze plus being weak as heck, it wasn't a good place. I don't remember anything he did in that year basically. I misses so much. When I was lucid enough, I almost didn't recognize my son. He'd grown and changed so much. I don't regret having my daughter but I find it difficult to accept the impact it had on my relationship with my son (which has changed for both good and bad). He was about 3.5 when I feel pregnant, and is now 5. He keeps asking when we can have another baby and can the next one be accepted boy baby, I can't face another pregnancy ever again so if we had any more they would be adopted. My husband has already had a vasectomy, he's afraid of more pregnancies too.

#102 Purple Polka Dots

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

This is nuts - that scares me. It sounds awful. And I can imagine what a reality it would be.

I really struggled to just look after me last time. My husband also leaves really early for work, so I would be by myself trying to get out of bed/get to daycare work... although, I had lots of time off work last time too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.