My Surprise Baby

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Nut

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

EB member Rosalie had no idea she was pregnant until she gave birth to her son! Read the story here: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/birth/birt...0528-2n8ez.html

#2 PixieVee

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Such an amazing story!

#3 Lauren Bell

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

What a story! But not sure how she couldn't feel the baby kicking? Wow x

#4 Lorem ipsum

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Wow!  Congratulations on the unexpected arrival of Nicholas

#5 TillyTake2

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

I don't mean to be rude but how overweight was she? I just can't imagine not noticing movements. A baby rolling around at 35 weeks feels nothing like gas (& I'm overweight by a lot myself!)

#6 SplashingRainbows

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Congratulations to Rosalie, and Nut - congrats to you too! Thrilled to see your sig original.gif

#7 Elemenopee

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Congratulations, glad to hear Rosalie and Nicholas are both doing well after what must have been a rollercoaster few days.

#8 Jaffacakes

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Wow what an amazing story!!Congratulations original.gif

#9 Bryden

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Beautiful story. So glad you got you're third chid wub.gif

This terrifies me though and is the reason I am prone to taking random pregnancy tests when I'm feeling a little off tongue.gif

#10 gemgirl

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

But she went to the doctor for the movements and the doctor told her it was IBS. So you wouldn't then think "baby", surely.

#11 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and overweight and I don't feel many baby movements because of her position and my fatness. I still don't feel pregnant lol so I can see how easy it is to miss especially if you don't know you are pregnant.

Congrats again on beautiful Nicholas.  original.gif

#12 IamAuntyA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

I cant believe the dr didn't order an ultrasound. the problem with drs is we trust what they say...

#13 Renovators delight

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Congratulations, what an amazing surprise!

I have been hanging out to hear your story since I first saw you post about Nicholas, thank you so much for sharing.

#14 wallofdodo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

I have been waiting for this story! Thanks for sharing.

Must have been mind blowing when you heard the crying.

#15 magicalsurprise

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Just so happy for all of you xoxo

#16 Jenflea

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I read a magazine article years ago about a nurse who gave birth without knowing she was pregnant.
She had a photo of her in a bikini the day before the baby was born, hardly a tummy on her. She said she put on a kilo all pregnancy, and even though shed had a child already, she had no clue she was pregnant.
Something to do with the way the baby was lying along her spine from memory.
It sounds impossible, but it does happen.

#17 asignatureofthings

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Congrats again Rose, awesome story!

#18 jkate_

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Congratulations on Baby Nicholas!

QUOTE (Jenflea @ 30/05/2013, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read a magazine article years ago about a nurse who gave birth without knowing she was pregnant.
She had a photo of her in a bikini the day before the baby was born, hardly a tummy on her. She said she put on a kilo all pregnancy, and even though shed had a child already, she had no clue she was pregnant.
Something to do with the way the baby was lying along her spine from memory.
It sounds impossible, but it does happen.

A colleague of mine was in the same boat, she had gained a little weight but nothing to suggest that she was pregnant.  She had been to the doctors for general fatigue and other illnesses but noone had done any blood tests or pregnancy tests of any kind - obviously now she can see that it was all pregnancy symptoms!  Her daughter was induced at 36 weeks due to complications with mum's health.

#19 ms flib

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Amazing story!

What a shock!

#20 Divine 37

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Thank you for the lovely comments hheart.gif

I never in a million years thought this would be our story, but it is and i am so grateful we both made it through okay.

Tilly- Yes i am overweight, i also had an anterior placenta and he was posterior.

I never felt body parts and the movements that i felt, were quite small. I was told it was related to IBS when i would ask my doctor.

I really appreciate the support from the EB community, i received so many messages and well wishes which mean the world to me wub.gif

I will post a more detailed version later on in the birth stories forum original.gif

Edited by Divine33, 31 May 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#21 mummygirl

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

OMG! We were in a TTC group together! Super huge congratulations. He is just perfect <3

#22 Therese

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Nicholas is just gorgeous  wub.gif  Congratulations.

#23 Mum_of_five

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

CONGRATULATIONS:) what a surprise... And a shock that must have been lol.. My bubs is now 5 months old and I found out at 11 weeks I was pregnant, only because I had mucked up my month for my depo and would have had to of done a test anyway.. Finding out in the public toilets at a shopping centre that you are pregnant is not how I usually found out original.gif

#24 KirstenMc

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Wow what an amazing and fantastic story. Congratulations to your family and especially to Nicholas for making it against the odds and to you for getting him there!

#25 GillyBean15

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postme*andmygirl, on 30 May 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

What a story! But not sure how she couldn't feel the baby kicking? Wow x

My little girl hardly kicked in the womb... Sometimes the baby just is really chill LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.