Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Gold

BokBok, I'm officially due 20/10.  I asked the hospital about doing the GD test twice and they had a lady slip through on the short version of the test who had GD and her baby ended up not making it once born.  So now they only do the long version with the 3 day diet and twice.  Looking at the diet I have no idea how I'm going to eat that much or that many carbs in a day.

FX you don't have any liver issues this time around and understand the choice to have a CS after your experience with your last but don't envy you the recovery.  How long do you need to stay in with a CS?  I asked the midwife how quickly I can be discharged and she said 4 hours...... That's crazy!

Starting to feel bubs more now , but nowhere near as much as I could feel DD.  mostly down low and at the sides. No much else happening, glad I've finally made the 20 week mark!

How is everyone else?

#3 sainter35

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Silver? Is that how this works??

Just thought I'd quickly check in with y'all. I've been MIA for ages because it's been nuts - not only with our house on the market but DP had a knee operation last week so it was left to me to clean the house AND look after DS AND go to work!

Anyway, in some good news, we sold the house! HUZZAH! I'm very relieved. Didn't get the price we wanted, but the market's pretty flat at the moment and we're just happy that we managed to get something! So at least now we can move on. Mind you, the sale is subject to finance and a building/pest inspection but I think we should be okay. Fingers crossed...

Cuddles - congrats on having a boy with a vagina (that made me snigger)! And I can't begin to tell you how much kudos you deserve for being a single mum. I struggle as it is! As for the best thing I've bought for DS... hmm. I'd probably have to say his Merino Kids sleeping bag. They're so good we bought 2 light merinos, 2 thicker ones and 1 cotton one for summer. He thrashes about and moves around so much in his sleep that right from when we brought him home we could never wrap him up in a blanket in bed. He still loves them now and he's 19 months.

Moo - hubby is gone for six months! That must be really hard for you. I have everything crossed that he'll be home for the birth.

Bokbok - re: car seats, for DS we have a Strider Plus so we bought the infant carrier that fits in the car and the pram - he was a little baby so he used it right up until he was at least 12 months! Then we got him a Babylove Ezy Combo seat. It was less than $200 and has the highest safety rating - win win! And yes, EB is way better than studying! (Or working which is what I'm supposed to be doing now!). What are you studying? Sorry if I should know this, but I have the memory of a gnat these days!

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing well!

#4 MsMooMoo

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words about hubby making it back on time.  I had my OB appointment today - it was very short as everything looking good/normal.  I asked about elective caesareans, inductions etc so I know the risks and could make a choice.  My OB pretty much said I can choose anything ... however didn't recommend elective caesarean just to meet a date at this stage.  He would recommend it for medical reasons (obviously) or if I had a real concern about pelvic floor muscle damage (yikes!).

We agreed for me to be reviewed at 38/39 weeks and then go for a planned induction on a set date (up to due date) if my body looks like it is ready. If it's not, just have to keep waiting.  Of course if I go early, well nothing much I can do about that!  But hopefully we can get the ball rolling when hubby is home.

So I have two more midwife appointments booked, then OB again at 30 weeks.  Just waiting it out now I guess.  Baby is kicking away all the time know, can feel her from the outside easily.  

Re car seats, we bought the Strider Agile Plus with capsule, so that will get us through to 6 months and will choose a car seat at that point.

Does anyone have any recommendations for baby monitors? I've looked online and a few have good reviews but thought I'd ask anyway.

#5 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Sainter, congrats on selling your house! Have you got a new place in mind? Packing and moving is goi g to make the rest of the pregnancy go really fast.

MsMM, I've got a movement and sound monitor, I think anglicare? I loved that it had the movement monitor, stopped me from worrying about SIDS.  Only problem I had with mine was that when the sound monitor was on it was always working (makes no sense) if I was getting another one, I would get one that only kicks in when a noise was made, not one that was always working because you get feed back from radios ect. Geez, that doesn't even make sense to me lol

#6 aidensmum

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hi
Sounds like everyone is doing well. Congrats on the house sale Sainter. Are your moving to your sisters holiday house or buying/building?

23 weeks now. It really feels like there's a baby in my belly now. So much shoving and shuddering going on.  I can pretty much guarantee it will move every time I have a feel. Nice to have moved on from freaking out that it hasn't moved all day and laying down until it does. I think it was like a kitten before and now its the alien out of the Aliens movie and its about to tear its way out. We have started to call him Bad Baby as he is pummelling me from the inside.

My best buy was probably an in-ear thermometer. Didn't need one before kids, but its vital with them.  Second best is Nurofen for Children, but that's for 6 months plus from memory.

Nursery is half sorted. We are doing a vintage superhero theme. Bit big for a baby but he can grow into it. Kids and DH are very involved which is nice. DH has spent hours finding cool stuff on Ebay. He won't let me put anything Wonderwoman in the room and has concerns about mixing Marvel and DC Heros as its not the done thing. Having lots of fun.  Going to Ikea next week for some frames and storage containers.

#7 sunshinechick

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hi all,
Im all excited because at last DP can feel kicks from the outside  - yay.
Know im being silly but im too scared to start in the new babys room- feel like i will jinx us.  So there is still a double bed and lots of junk in there. haven really bought anything.....
Anyone else still feeling a little anxious that things might not go well?

#8 aidensmum

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Sunshine - I like to organise (and shop for bargains), so I couldn't not start getting things underway. Still I sometimes have thoughts about how I'd have to sell everything if something went wrong. I think its healthier for me to know everything's going to be ok and plan that way, than be scared. DH threw out the spare bed so that kind of meant there was no going back. I'm holding off on the pram as its the only big expensive purchase.Might do that at 30 weeks.

#9 Stronger

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sunshinechick - yay for the kicks!! It is a great feeling isn't it!

I know what you mean about things going wrong...but like aidensmum I am thinking positive now and feel in myself that it will be all fine. We have lay-byed a cot and carseat and are slowly thinking about painting the nursery room and sorting it out. It is exciting and makes it all feel a bit more real!!

#10 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I hate painting!! I have a 3 bedroom place with one room currently the toy room.  Now that's going to be taken up by bubs I've had a builder here during the week and divided my garage in half, so one half will now be the toy room.  So, I've been painting it. OM*G what a crap deal painting is, and because I'm crazy it needs to be perfect, of course it's not and it wasn't until I finished and decided to google that I find out, if youre cutting in, don't let it dry before you roll it. 6 coats later and it's still a bit patchy! Ive done the smallest wall by the door with chalk paint, the opposite a bright watermelon color and the others white.  In front on the watermelon wall I'm putting one of those expedite 25 square book cases in white, so that will cover up my crappy work.  I've still got the other two rooms to do but I'm in no hurry now!

Aidensmum, vintage superhero sounds great! I'm jealous of all your kicking.  Some days I would know there was anyone in there without the Doppler.  Had a chuckle at Bad Baby, hope it's only naughty on the inside.

Sunshine chick, I know what you mean. I'm definately not as attached to this pregnancy as I was with DD and I know it's because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think all of us will feel so much relief once they put these precious little monkeys, that were so hard to get, in our arms screaming blue murder. I know once I hear this little girl screaming it will be a very happy day for me.

#11 MsMooMoo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Sounds like we are all 'nesting' original.gif I too did some painting on the weekend, but limited it to just doing paint stencils in our master bedroom (BTW highly recommend stencils, very easy and quick ... and looks great).  

I'm leaving the nursery as is with the neutral walls, and bought a neutral nursery set to match it.  There was a great sale on izzz.com.au so I bought the entire suite (sheets, blankets, bumper, wall hanging, mobile etc) so it all matches and I don't need anything more!  Unfortunately it turns out izzz.com.au are pretty cr*p at shipment as I heard nothing for 10 days, complained, only to be told it will dispatch in another 3 days. So 2 weeks to dispatch!!  I hope I get everything when it turns up :S

Sunshine - I too am feeling anxious.  I feel like it's been forever and still so long to go until we are 'safe'. I've started yoga with my pregnant friend and we are finding this fantastic (for mind and body).  I also am keeping up my acupuncture which I think helps. It's weird, before baby I never would have tried any of this stuff!!  Wine was my way of relaxing and destressing original.gif

I'm also watching a lot of documentaries on TV - have you guys seen One born every minute and the midwives?  I'm addicted!

#12 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

MsMM, it's booked to record on my IQ!  I prefer the English version.  The USA must not have gas as an option, seems like its epidural or nothing.  They used to have one at a birthing clinic which was good, learnt a lot of useful things watching that when I was pregnant with DD.

#13 MsMooMoo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

I agree - the UK version is better.  Particularly after the US episode when the two grandmothers had a punch up in the hallway , because one stood in the way of the other taking a photo of the birth... classy stuff.  I thought I saw gas there but you're right, epidurals are more frequent and welcomed in the US version.

I do like The Midwives... and the show afterwards, can't remember the exact name but something like 'don't just stand there,I'm having your baby!'.

#14 Stronger

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hi ladies
I too like watching One Born Every Minute and think the UK version is better - I can't believe how badly behaved some of the families are on the US one :0
The Midwives is good too!

How is everyone going? I am going ok except for a very annoying cold that is just hanging around. Slowly getting more movement and kicks which is lovely - usually in the evening time. I have my first midwife appointment at the hospital this Wednesday morning so hopefully that goes well. I also have to have the 1 hr GCT in 3 weeks time.

Really need to start sorting out the nursery more! I keep saying we have heaps of time but it is slipping away fast! I really would like it to be all done by 35wks.

I'm not sure if many of you also read the October Due Thread - I do occassionally as it is nice to hear how the other ladies are going...I was just reading that maddyg in there has lost her twin boys sad.gif I am just heartbroken for her and send her all the best wishes to get through this tough time.

I hope everyone is going ok and keep maddyg in your thoughts.

#15 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

BokBok, just went in there and posted, how horrible for there family, so so sad.  Drives home that you just don't know what's going to happen and it really can all just go very badly quickly. I'd be devastated if anything happens to bubs.

I've been pretty lucky with is winter and have avoided colds, horrible when you really can't take anything.  Hope your feeling better quickly.

I'd like everything done by 35 weeks to but I'm surprised at how quickly this pregnancy seems to be going.  I am absolutely counting down the days until I finish work, I've had enough and a year off being a SAHM is exactly what I need.

How is everyone going with names? I was going to have Ivy until someone pointed out with my  surname starting with F that it was a bit to close to IVF that she'd probably have a complex about it.  Then I found a name that has a really lovely meaning so I'm playing around with that at the moment - Anaiah, Hebrew name that means god answered or god has answered.  Not that I'm overly religious but I don't think there is anything I didn't pray to trying to fall and stay pregnant that I thought it fitting.  Eliana also means the same thing.i thinks Anaiah and Tahlia (my DD) go together nicely.  I do think it's going to be constantly pronounce wrong though.  

How would you ladies pronounce it?

#16 aidensmum

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Cuddles - Anaya. Did I get it right?
I'm just waiting for the next few months to hurry up. I'm 25 weeks on Thurs so potentially baby could be here in 3 months. My other two were a couple of weeks early. Hating work. I just want to be home and knit, sew and tidy up.

#17 MsMooMoo

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

just very quick message/rant to say to everyone DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM IZZZ.COM.AU

I still haven't received my order and after serveral complaints, have been told that my order MAY ship next week as items are not in stock.

I paid in full on 30th May and was not told items were not in stock or any delay.

Soooo annoyed.

#18 sainter35

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

MsMooMoo - I haven't heard of izzz.com.au! Which is probably a good thing going by your rant! But that's really poor customer service and I'll make sure I steer clear of them!

aidensmum - I hear ya, I just want to do nothing but chill out.

cuddles - I would pronounce 'Anaiah' the same way as aidensmum I think. It's a lovely name, but yes, it will probably be pronounced all sorts of different ways and Anaiah will have to spell her name out to everyone which can be a hassle (I have to do that and it's annoying!). I'm surprised at how quickly this pregnancy's going as well. I can't believe I'm 25 weeks tomorrow. And I'm constantly reminded about how big I am. UGH!

bok - Do you still have your cold? I hope you're feeling better. And how did your midwife appt go? That's awful news about maddyg, how devastating for her.

As for me, it's been a ridiculously stressful time. We finally sold our house which was exciting (and a relief) and it became unconditional on Monday so now we can move on. However, we were all ready to put an offer on a block of land and then get building contracts signed when our lawyer noticed in the section 32 that buildings had been demolished on the site and that we should be wary of possible asbestos contamination.

I do not want my kids growing up in a house that's built on soil that's filled with asbestos so we're hoping to get a site test done next week.

But the thing is, we need a 60-day subject to finance clause built into our land contract (for the builder to get their tests/plans and contracts done) and we'd be scraping it very close to when I go on mat leave (around 37 weeks). We didn't want to tell the bank I'm preggers because they'd probably turn down our mortgage application but I decided to do the right thing and tell them today - better they turn us down now rather than after they've given us unconditional approval and we've signed a contract for the land.

My broker says usually the bank would say no, but he thinks because our case is fairly strong and our financial situation while I'm on leave is quite strong (plus we'd be living with my mum while the house is being built) we might be okay. Anyway, I should hopefully find out next week if the bank will give us the finance. Otherwise we'll have to stay with mum and wait until I'm back at work next year before we can do anything (by which time the land we want - asbestos or no asbestos - will no doubt be gone).

AAARGH! Note to self: do not try and sell a house and get a new mortgage while you're pregnant. Crazy town.

Sorry for the long post, just had to get it all out there...

#19 Stronger

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

sainter35 - oh how stressful for you! Yay for selling the house though! I hope the bank comes through with good news for you!

cuddles - I would pronounce that name the same too - it is a lovely name but she would certainly be correcting people all the time i think!

MrsMooMoo - I haven't heard of them either but that is really poor form of them. I hate it when retailers - online or not - can't respect their customers enough to give good service. Hope you get it sorted soon.

My midwife appointment went really well...and heard bub's heartbeat which was lovely again - sounded like a horse galloping along! Just have to watch my BMI doesn't get too high...which is frustrating as I am eating really healthy yet still putting on weight - hopefully it is just all baby and with DD i Had heaps of fluid - she was only born 3.1kg yet I was huge as well so hopefully the same this time!

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going too - especially since at the beginning it was going slowly! 25wks today already! Really onto DH to start sorting baby's room out...I think I am really starting to want to nest - I want to sort it all out and gets drawers etc so I can start putting clothes in and everything.

Is anyone else having a baby shower? My Mum has decided to through one for me seeing as we have a large gap between kids and one of my good friends is helping so it will be nice - having it at the end of August.

Hope you are all having a good weekend! xx

#20 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

MsMM, that's ridiculous, hope it turns up soon. They should have given you the option to cancel if it's not in stock!

Sainter, how stressful! FX everything works out, it's defiantly going to make your pregnancy whizz by you'll be so busy focusing on other things.  How exciting to be building your own home.  Make sure you have a double length shower with two shower heads lol it's my dream, DD always wants to shower with me and it's just not big enough.

BokBok, my weight has slowed down but I've put on 10kgs already, I'm trying not to put on much more but still have 17 weeks left. Looks like I'll be working hard to get it off!  I'm not sure if I'll have a baby shower, don't think I can be bothered.  I might do a girls lunch out with a few close friends instead.  I'm trying to work out colors ATM, DD is changing rooms and bubs is going in her room so both need painting. I'm actually thinking of doing a pale sage green in both rooms, I'm a bit over pink.

AFM, not much going on. Bought some maternity bras, 14E! My boobs are going to be huge when my milk comes in! DD almost knocked her front teeth out last weekend, ones tightened up but the other is going to come out.  Dentist mentioned taking it out but I decided to leave it, let it heal and come out on its own. She looks like a hill billy ATM because it's knocked her tooth forward and chipped the other, poor thing, it was very sore sad.gif

I pronounce Anaiah as an-eye-ah. Thinking Aniah might be better spelling.

#21 aidensmum

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Just sharing a shopping bargain. Bras and Things have a lot of clearance stock now 30% off reduced. I recommend their maternity crop tops that are down to $7. Great for sleeping in and wearing round home. Super stretchy like an AhBra. Wearing one now.

http://www.brasnthings.com/store/lingerie/...y-crop-bra.html

#22 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Aidensmum, saw those and wondered what they were like.  Might pop in and get some to sleep in.

DD and I had that lovely gastro bug that's going around, I'm normally pretty immune to this type if bug but this one is horrible.  We spent the whole of Sunday night throwing up every 20 minutes, I don't think either of us have ever been so sick. Spent Monday at home in bed recovering.  Poor bubs was jumping all over the place.

#23 Mama Syd

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Cuddles - that's quite severe! Sounds more like food poisoning? How are you now? Don't hesitate to go to the hospital for a drip if you're still sick :(

I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and morning sickness has returned! I had a 6 week break from it. Ugh.

Apart from that everything is going great!

#24 Stronger

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hi ladies!

Cuddles - I hope you and your DD are feeling better now - that sounds just awful.

Mama Kas - oh no not MS returning! Hope it isn't too bad for you!

aidensmum - thanks for sharing!!

How's everyone else?

I'm going ok 26wks tomorrow! It is just going SO fast now! Bub has been fairly quiet the last couple of days and I don't like it when he/she is quiet as it worries me! I think they must be tucked up at the back somewhere! I get just enough little movement every now and again not to make me REALLY worried!

DH and I have finally chosen some paint for the feature wall I think and so hopefully he can paint that in the next week or so for me and I can start re-organising the room!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

#25 sainter35

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hello everyone!

Bok - I forgot we have the same due date! (Oct 5, right?) I know what you mean when bub's a bit quiet. If I haven't felt him for a while I'll give him a poke and a prod but that never does anything so I have a glass of OJ or a mandarin - for some reason he goes a bit nuts after I have some citrus! What colour have you chosen for the feature wall?

Mama - can't believe your MS has returned! Nooo! Have you got any remedies which worked before?

Cuddles - how are you feeling? I'm hoping you're getting over the bug, it sounds awful!

aidensmum - hmm, might have to check out that sale if it's not too late. I've been living in Bonds maternity stuff. Thankfully I've got quite a few things from my last pregnancy but I'm much bigger this pregnancy so I suspect I'm going to need extra stretchy stuff soon!

AFM, everything's going along okay. Is anyone having trouble sleeping? I'll be asleep for an hour or so but then wake up with awful pains in my back, hips and pelvis. I've been using a pregnancy pillow - a Belly Bean? - and sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Had a routine appointment with my OB this morning. I think I'll be getting another c-section even though he's giving me the choice. Apparently a repeat c-section carries less risk for the baby but more for the mother, so I'd rather have a healthy bub and deal with the greater risk to me.

I have to go for my gestational diabetes test in a couple of weeks - SO not looking forward to that. I hate blood tests, I'm always glad when an IVF cycle ended because it meant no more needles!

Oh, also, one bank turned us down for a mortgage so we've reapplied with another one. Our broker spoke to his contacts at this other bank and they said they do actually grant mortgages to people on mat leave as long as there's evidence that they have a job to go back to. So I had to get a stat dec from my mum saying we'll be living with her rent free while the house is built, and then a letter from HR saying that yes, I do have a job to come back to. Should find out in the next few days. Fingers crossed!

And lastly, I'm utterly saddened and depressed at a story I read in the paper yesterday (and it's online again today) - I won't go into details about it because it's so horrible, but for those who may have read it, it's about a couple who 'bought' a baby from Russia. It's so horrible it made me cry for ages after I read it and now I can't get it out of my head. How do I forget about it? Does anyone have tips for blocking things out of their head!?

AAARGH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.