Party Ideas for a 6 year old girl
ideas

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 samandimmysmum

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi,

My eldest daughter is turning 6 in a months time and I am thinking of writing down some ideas and letting my daughter choose which she wants so if I need to book a venue I can do so sooner and get the date I want than miss out.

I have recently asked what she has wanted, and she has said ballerina/fairy, park and now its roller skating, she keeps changing her mind.  Last year I hired a clown and we did it at home.

In the last six months she has been invited to timezone, ten pin bowling, play centre but she doesn't really want either of these.

The majority of the kids in her class are aged about 5 with the odd one being 6.  She is one of the eldest out of the girls.

Ideas that have gone through my head include:

- roller skating
- dance
- pool party
- movie night
- spa party ie doing nails and toes, but not sure if these options are a bit out of depth for the age groups if that makes sense.

I had also suggested maybe everybody comes as their favourite character a particular letter of the alphabet but she didn't like those ideas.

My question that I am throwing out there is: what else can I suggest to her (keeping in mind there could be both boys and girls and also her two sister who are aged 3 and 1 year old).  Obviously depending what she chooses, depends on the number of kids I am limiting it to.

Thanks in advance.

#2 iheartu

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Cupcake/high tea party, everyone gets to decorate their own cupcake to take home.

A disco at home. Get some coloured lights, mirror balls and fun music, turn off the lights and let em burn off some energy.

Petting zoo.

Jumping Castle.

#3 Awesome101

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Disco party. We had a great one recently. Had a mirror ball and lights (which cost about $30 all up for the ball, rotator and a couple of LED's) set up in a room, the kids danced and played for 2 hours, coming out every now and then for food.

Didnt have to worry about games (well, we did play limbo, but Limbo Rock was one of the songs)

Be warned - we had Gangnam style and Call me Maybe on high rotation.

Edited by Awesome101, 05 June 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#4 Atomac

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

A fake sleepover. The kids come in their pyjamas and bring a pillow and do sleepover type activities before being picked up at 8pm.

#5 samandimmysmum

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the ideas, I do like the disco party and the fake sleepover.  Just one question though, what times did you start and finish for the disco party and what time atomac did you start the sleepover party.

Thanks again, love to hear more ideas.

#6 baddmammajamma

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (samandimmysmum @ 05/06/2013, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the ideas, I do like the disco party and the fake sleepover.  Just one question though, what times did you start and finish for the disco party and what time atomac did you start the sleepover party.

Thanks again, love to hear more ideas.

The proper name for a fake sleep over is a "Sleep Under." wink.gif  If your child has a winter birthday, a good time to start would be 5pm (so you have some darkness). Perhaps run the party from 5-7pm? Or 4-6, if you are worried about having too late of a start. That means you would have to serve dinner, but pizza goes perfectly with a sleep under!

With a disco, you could really do that any time of day. Late afternoon might be good -- like 2-4? That way, you don't have to deal with lunch or dinner, and there is a natural end to the party, as parents will want to get their kids home for dinner presumably!

Hope your daughter has a fabulous birthday!

Edited by baddmammajamma, 05 June 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#7 samandimmysmum

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have discussed it with my daughter and she has decided for the NON SLEEPOVER PARTY.  

Now I am in need of your help once again for ideas.

What sort of activities should I do?  I discussed it again with her this morning and she said it will be only girls aged 5 years. I will also have my 3 year old daughter joining in. Numbers at this stage hasn't been confirmed.

My initial thoughts were and in no particular order:
dinner - pizza and cake (maybe to take home)
movie (girly one) and popcorn
making bracelets or designing pillowcases
nail polish on hands/toes
games or dancing ie head, shoulders, knees and toes, hokey pokey etc

I have also been thinking about invitations and were thinking of a face mask but not sure what would be the thing to make it out of - ideas welcome...

Then after looking at face mask invitations which are generally for spa slumber parties, I had considered maybe just doing the following:

5.00pm - arrival
6.00pm - eating pizza
7.00pm - facials, manicures, pedicures
8.00pm - movie and popcorn
9.30pm - parents pick kids up

I also had the idea of my daughter having pictures with her child or opening them up whilst kids were there but that isn't a necessity.

I want the kids to enjoy themselves and be one of those ones where the kids talk about it afterwards.

What would you do if you were holding a NON SLEEPOVER PARTY for girls only and also a combined boys/girls.  I don't want to spend a fortune.

#8 Atomac

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Sorry for the late response. I had the girls come in their pj's and bring pillows. We did all the normal sleepover stuff like hair, make up, having a pillow fight before we had pizza for dinner and then cake while they danced around to some music. I ran the party on a Saturday from 5 - 7.30.

#9 samandimmysmum

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

Plans have changed in that my daughter wants to invite both boys and girls.  I am thinking of holding the party about 5.00pm to 7.30pm not sure if it should be on a friday or saturday.  her birthday will be during the holidays - what do you think of this time slot.

Now my question is: what sort of things could we do during this time.  The ages of the kids are generally 5.  There will be my other daughter who is 3 and possible one of her friends who is also 3.  I do like the idea of a movie but not sure if there is enough time.  I also like the idea of a craft station but have read that kids might not like to do that sort of thing and they would prefer to just do their own thing (not being ruled by a set routine).

Suggestions welcome...

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.