Parent's Group: Born in May 2013

• Please log in to reply
804 replies to this topic

#26 scruff101

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

I've been reading along, just not posting.
I was also due in May, but due to a low lying placenta which never budged, I had a planned c-section at 38+1, so DS arrived on April 24 (OB doesn't work on public holidays,  so an ANZAC day bub would have been cool  biggrin.gif )

scutterbug - there's no such thing as poor quality breast milk - unless you're drinking a heap of coffee and booze.
You're not in Melbourne by any chance - the weather has been really cold and rainy lately (tho I feel less guilty about having a nap in the afternoon  wink.gif  )
The lack of routine really sucks! It's after midday and I'm still in PJ's and about to eat breakfast lol

Back later for a proper introduction and personals - just put DS down and I'm starving and in need of a shower!

#27 South Coast

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hey Scruff - Hope you are going well!  Hope you enjoyed your shower!! Nothing better than a good shower hey!

Scutterbug - Thank you! He will catch up eventually I am sure!  Hopefully we will still having him playing league at some point... maybe..
I so agree with you re the feeding - its like if only that could be a little easier everything would be perfect.  At least we are all going through the same problems, helps so much to know you are not alone.

Hope everyone else is going ok!  Plugging on just getting through the days I am sure.
All ok here, just!  DS had another shocker last night, up 7.30 to 8.50, then 9.30 to 10.40 and then 12.10 to 2.10, stopped writing it down after that .. I got bits of sleep in there, cried, and know I had a shower and toast sometime around 4.30am.  I'm thinking he must be still unsettled from the vacs so just getting through the days as best as possible at the moment.
He was so fussy thismorning again and I just couldn't have him on me anymore so gave him his first top up using formula, just 40ml and that settled him a little so at least I could get out for a walk.
Had another weigh in yesterday and unfortunately he is only up 200grams in 2 weeks, so disappointed.  So he's now 2820grams at 7 weeks, I spose not too bad if I think he's only really 2 weeks old.

#28 GypsyK

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hi everyone. I posted a bit at the beginning of the May DIG but mostly read along on occasion after that.

Things are going relatively smoothly now. We had a lot of trouble with feeding to begin with but we seem to have it sorted now. It was mainly attachment and positioning issues which an LC at the hospital was thankfully able to help me with. DS1 started losing weight due to these issues but he is now putting weight back on and finally reached his birth weight again at four weeks.

Like many of you have said if only feeding was straightforward then life would be so much easier with a newborn!

He feeds every three hours day and night so hoping this will soon start to stretch out at night.  Would be easier also if my 2 year old didn't always wake up at 6am ready to start the day!

Anyway great to read how people are going and hopefully I can be less slack this time and post a bit more!

#29 GypsyK

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hi everyone. I posted a bit at the beginning of the May DIG but mostly read along on occasion after that.

Things are going relatively smoothly now. We had a lot of trouble with feeding to begin with but we seem to have it sorted now. It was mainly attachment and positioning issues which an LC at the hospital was thankfully able to help me with. DS2 started losing weight due to these issues but he is now putting weight back on and finally reached his birth weight again at four weeks.

Like many of you have said if only feeding was straightforward then life would be so much easier with a newborn!

He feeds every three hours day and night so hoping this will soon start to stretch out at night.  Would be easier also if my 2 year old didn't always wake up at 6am ready to start the day!

Anyway great to read how people are going and hopefully I can be less slack this time and post a bit more!

Edited by GypsyK, 15 June 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#30 purple_daisy

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Nice to "meet" the new ladies and read a bit of your story.  Sorry no time for personals today, just got a call inviting me to check in tomorrow morning to a 4 day/5 night residential clinic to get some help with DD's feeding issues. The irony is that after three weeks of struggling, she fed very well the past two nights, so I am petrified that she will suddenly attach well every feed when we get there and I will look like a total overreactor.

Catch you all again at the end of the week - hope that all the bubs feed a bit better and sleep a bit more in the next few days.

#31 Beancat

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hi ladies

To everyone having feeding issues.....let me say feeding is hard hard hard work.  After having three babies I have realised that many of us suffer in silence and for some reason no one wants to share with you the issues associated with feeding before your baby is born.  This reluctance to share contributes to the awful guilt we feel when we cannot feed.

Personally I suffered with mastitis (hospitalised with DS with this), low supply and breast and nipple thrush.  OMG the pain from the nipple thrush!!! It was hideous.....worse than my gall stones!  Unfortunately, because I had no idea about these issues my experience with BFing and combined with my first episode of post partum PE, contributed significantly to my PND after DS1.

Dont feel guilty for using formula exlusively or comp feeding or using EBM.  Do what works for you and your baby.  As long as your baby is fed,putting on weight and you are happy, that is all that matters.  And for those that wish to persist with BFing I hear it gets better (and really easy) from about 6 weeks original.gif

cheers
k

#32 CocobeanLillylove

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (purple_daisy @ 15/06/2013, 02:56 PM)
15607027[/url]']
Nice to "meet" the new ladies and read a bit of your story.  Sorry no time for personals today, just got a call inviting me to check in tomorrow morning to a 4 day/5 night residential clinic to get some help with DD's feeding issues. The irony is that after three weeks of struggling, she fed very well the past two nights, so I am petrified that she will suddenly attach well every feed when we get there and I will look like a total overreactor.

Catch you all again at the end of the week - hope that all the bubs feed a bit better and sleep a bit more in the next few days.

What a wonderful service. Is it something that you have to pay for? Good luck - I hope they are able to witness the problems rather than have her feed perfectly fine and then having problems once you get back home again!

Hi everyone
My baby girl was born on 21st may. I have 3 girls now- newborn,  3 year old and 4 year old original.gif

I am going ok despite only getting about 4 hours broken sleep each night due to a refluxy and windy grunting baby!

#33 Beancat

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

hi Ladies, starting to find my groove now. Rearranged the family/meals area on the weekend.  Took the table out of the bay window and put it into a "dead space" in the room and have turned the bay widow area into the kids play area, seems to work quite well and the kids seem happy to have their own space.

Treated myself to bling to celebrate the completion of our family.  Treated myself to a lovely saphire and diamond channel set gold ring with the three kids' names engraved on the inside.  Many of my friends have got tattoos with their kids' names but thats not really my scene for me (dont mind them on other people).

My body seems back to mornal appart from the extra 7kg I am still carrying.  Need to work on this now, but its damn ard in this weather.  I need to devise a workout to do at home and bring the exercise bike inside.

Zoe is going well.  I had her tongue snipped on Friday and it was fairly easy, not nearly as gruesome as I expected.  She is still a fussy eater - will take anywhere between -100-150ml for a feed but still needs to have a split feed if she has anything over 100ml - means our feeds can drag out for an hour.

Righto off to get out of my pjs and have a shower.  AT least I have already cooked tea for tonight

#34 South Coast

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Beancat - Pleased you are feeling much better!  And love the idea of the ring, sounds gorgeous!

Coco - Congratulations on the birth of your little girl and hope you are coping with getting such little sleep, have to say four hours of broken sleep a night it gruesome.. you need to take care. original.gif

Hope everyone else is well..

All ok here, still waking within three hours which is hard but getting through ok.  Visited family on the weekend, SIL took DS out of his pram just as he feel asleep and held him for four hours, he slept but I knew his nappy must have been shocking and he must have been hungry.  Sure enough when she allowed me to have him back he went nuts.  He's been off since, he must have gotten dehydraded or something because he is not pooing as much over the last 48 hours.  
SIL is such hard work, she spent the whole time telling me what to do and how I should do it.  She even did his nappy and said I should do it her way... shesh....

Anyway... take care all and have a good week.

xx

#35 Beancat

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Satay Chicken - it drives me nuts when people talk to/pick up your baby when they have just fallen asleep - they dont have to deal with the consequences for the next day or two....grrrr.  I am quite rude now and just tell them to back off as they'll upset my routine.  I dont care if I offend them

#36 yoohooyou

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Beancat I was surprised about just how easy the tie tongue fix was as well. Two second procedure, 10 minutes to check the bleeding and all done!

We are having a lot of sleeping issues here at the moment. Baby S is awake of five hours over night at a stretch and nothing we do can get him back to sleep. He is either awake and relatively content or screaming his head off. I have literally had about six hours sleep over the last three days
9thank god for chocolate biscuits at 3am to take the edge off!).

We are off to the dr this morning to check for reflux as I think I can hear the milk moving up and down his throat. I am praying that it is not a sign of things to come for the next six months.

Satay I also tell people to leave him alone if he is asleep. I have a friend who is quite a furious "jiggler" nurser and basically after 10 minutes with her holding him he is awake and looks like he might throw up, so I have a blanket rule of no interference if the baby is sleep otherwise I have to start the entire settling routine again.

Purple
good luck with school. A friend of mine is just back from a week's stay with her 18 month old and he is finally sleeping through the night, so has been really really worth it for them.

Must dash the dr awaits!

Edited by scutterbug, 18 June 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#37 Jo-Anna

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

My goodness scutterbug I hear you on the sleeping issues. My twins and toddler are running me ragged with sleep refusal. On top of it all I came down with the full blown flu on Sunday and was bed ridden. My husband gave the babies their first bottle of formula on Sunday night because I was too exhausted to even sit up and feed them. Thank goodness DS1 started at childcare on Monday!
They are 8 weeks tomorrow and I remember from DS1 that 6-9 weeks were the most difficult, so hopefully this is the worst of it and it starts settling down soon or else I might lose my mind.
I am still hoping to get to 12 weeks breastfeeding, but I might start sneaking in a few 'relief bottles' of formula overnight so I can get some sleep. I am still feeding them both 3 times a night and I think that is why I got sick, the lack of sleep and the amount of energy my body is putting into making milk.
Satay chicken I agree it is hard when well meaning people throw out your routine. I find it hard too to tell people what to or not to do with the babies. especially my MIL, who is lovely and so kind but sometimes throws their routine out by cuddling them to sleep at the wrong time. Oh and I didn't know that there were right and wrong ways to do a nappy... your SIL sounds like she is on a power trip.
Beancat how terrible is the weather at the moment? I am planning on frequenting jets gym plenty this winter! I also got a bangle with the kids names engraved inside, not into tattoos either.
Purple all the best with your stay, I hope the issues get sorted out one way or the other.
Hi to those I missed. Hopefully I can come back in a weeks time and report a huge change in the babies. Thinking positive vibes!

#38 Debbs13

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hello!  I was a lurker in Due in May forum but really enjoyed reading along and got so much valuable information from you ladies.  I had my son (2nd child) on May 30th.  Named Felix - he is such a gorgeous boy and brother for his 11 year old sister!!  My husband and I only expected that we would have the one child after delaying a second but then Felix surprised us all!
Feeding seems to be going along ok.  I am BF'ing and was worried about my supply but Felix is putting on good weight (birth weight was 4330gm went to 3930gm after 4 days now back to 4650gm)  and I can only really use that to judge!  He does seem to get extremely fussy from about 5pm and it feels like he is feeding continuously until 9.30 or 10pm!!!  I was worried this was a sign he wasn't get a big enough feed at night time but don't know how to judge that!  He is sleeping from about 9.30 to 2am then has a quick "snack" for about 15 mins and sleeps until 4.30pm when he "snacks" again and then sleeps through to 7.30am so I certainly can't complain but worry I am doing something wrong when he only feeds for 15 mins or usually 1/2 - 45 mins during the day!
Hopefully I can contribute to this forum more than when I was pregnant! - all the time seemed to be taken up with work  rolleyes.gif !!

Edited by Debbs13, 18 June 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#39 yoohooyou

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Welcome Debbs I was another who expected to only have one child - after a seven year gap the second is a totally joy but basically like having a first child again - without the free time of being able to give all my time and attention! Sounds like you are doing a good job with the feeding, well done.

Been to GP and he referred me straight to the local hospital to see the pead on call as baby S put on quite the show in the waiting room. It was really good actually as I couldn't have described the distress he has after feeding nearly as well. After a whole afternoon getting tested and checked, it seems like he has infantile colic or possible reflux. Have some medicine for the reflux and hopefully that will make all the difference. He is obviously in pain and it is heartbreaking not to be able to relieve it. He seems to be better when he has formula for some reason, I am wondering if it is because it is thicker and goes down a bit easier? Going to try just feeding formula only last feed this evening and see if that helps.

Having said that I have been expressing like crazy the last couple of days. I've been too knackered to breast feed, express and then formula feed routine, and it appears I may finally have enough milk, I'm able to pump about 100-120 mls within 20-30 minutes. Now if I could just get the little bugger to cut down his meals to less than an hour on the boob things would be looking up!

Jo-Anna I admire you getting so far with BF and twins, it's legendary. A bottle when you are laid up in bed is better than you getting sicker and sicker as you have no energy left to fight the virus.

I've found that as soon as I started to tell people about my whole feeding saga, I have discovered that most people I know either had a few or a lot of problems with BF and I am yet to hear of anyone who made it a whole six months or more without comp feeding at least some of the time. With this in mind I think on my hospital feedback I am going to suggest they offer a class on formula feeding as you get so much information on BF but nothing on how to safely steralise or keep formula (or for how long made up etc) Dr google is good for some of those things, but some real information would also be helpful.

Edited by scutterbug, 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#40 Gixxie

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

my sterilization technique, which im sure is wrong, is boil water and put my bottles and teats in that for a couple of minutes!    I know anything above 78 degrees kills bugs.

I also use boiled water in the bottles with the formula.

Bub has put on over 1 Kg in just over 2.5 weeks and feeding between 100 to 150ml!  still only getting to a max of 4 hours sleep, but normally around the 3 to 3.5hr mark at night!

Got a ultra sound thurs week to check for hip dysplasia, and then paed appt the week after, and will need to get more blood tests for thyroid check, and immunization needles too boot.. Poor little man is not going to like the 3rd of July as thats when it all happens!.

My c-section is still killing me if i walk or stand for ages..  and the scar is now also bleeding one end... urg.  I also have to get my immunisation for Whooping Cough and thryoid tested for myself.. so will go get bloods next week sometime and followup with the doc.    Also getting ambulance to check my car seat in my car, i havent been driving it with bub because i dont feel confident that it is in right!.

I also have my house settle this friday, so i will be moving my gear in over the next few weeks too! no need to rush... but good to get into my own home with bub!

#41 South Coast

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Morning!  Can't believe it, enjoying a morning coffee without feeling rushed, even got time to read the papers... original.gif  DS had a short morning feed in bed with me and I just left him there, he's out cold and having a lovely doze in.  This could work.. original.gif

Finally saw my Ob on Monday after stewing over 7 weeks about my early labour.  It was fantastic to talk to him, he spent 40 minutes with me answering all my questions and explaining what he thought happened.  He mentioned that I should be pleased to get to 35 weeks even though DS was small and that he expected an excellent outcome.  Also with his size it could just be genetic (DH and I are not big people) or just the way it is, nothing I could have done.  He did mentioned that he would recommend I have a chat to a psyc just to get through a few things that I have found difficult so I will do that.  Had a pap and all that and he mentioned that its like I never had a baby, good to hear my body is pulling back together nicely, although I am sure having a 2kg baby helped.
I'm so going to miss seeing my Ob, I became very fond of him - he's such a nice person and was there for the most important time of my life... agh, rambling.  

Scutterbug - Hope all is well!  I'm having trouble after feeding aswell - DS arches his back, screams and takes ages to settle.  Its so hard I know..

Jo-Anna - Kind of pleased to hear you say that your first was most difficult around the 6-9 weeks, hopefully that is the case with my DS..  

Purple - hope all is going really well at the clinic!  Very intersted to hear how you go...

Anyway, have a good day today all..... special times even though they are challenging.. xx

#42 SFML

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hi everyone, expressing time again so here I am.Scutterbug damn good idea!  Info on formula feeding would be great as well info on express feeding, the hospital nurses gave me no info at all.  All the info is based on the assumption that BF will work.  I Phoned the hospital for advice and help on day 6 when I came down with mastitis and a very massacred nipple on a Friday afternoon and their advice was to keep feeding and not worry about all the blood in the milk...  Some advice on comp feeding would have been helpful.  The best assistance to date has been from the maternal health nurses and the lactation consultants - super helpful with formula, quantities,expressing and sterilisation tips - and best of all their advice is completely guilt free original.gif I'm planning on quitting the expressing end of next week as not sure how to do that on a long haul flight...  Shall wait and see.  Anyone know if it is safe to defrost breastmilk at room temperature?  Thought frozen might travel better...?
Hats off to you Joanna for managing to date with the twins, I'm not sure how to take  the 6-9 weeks was the worst comment...  We're with the US fam for that period so shall have grandma assistance but I would like US family to see happy miss not grizzly miss - fingers crossed and wait and see.  
As for bling definitely on the shopping list once we're OS.  My husband always said no eternity ring and no more diamonds I have to make do with the love rock of my engagement ring as you get more fancy jewellery when you have children - we never planned on acing children - DH is going to pay for it now biggrin.gif hee!  
Sounds like you're having a lovely morning satay chicken, hope everyone else has a Lovely day

#43 Beancat

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Gixxie - doesnt sound right about your cesear scar - it shouldt be bleeding and you shouldnt really be feeling any pain.

Jo-anna - you have done so well with the feeding!  No wonder you are exhausted though - six feeds in total overnight is hideous, no wonder you came down with the flu.  Agree this weather is awful, although today is lovely in Gis.  I am just waiting for Zoe to go down and might take the others outside for a play.  Jets gym sounds like a great idea.  I was a member at contours until I got preg and am thinking of joining their new gym Envie that is due to open in the Nexus centre shortly.  Which daycare have you sent you eldest to?  My DD goes to Goodstart in New Gisborne and DS was there last year.  We are pretty happy with it.

Having a severe case of the cbf's today.  Need to get off my butt and cook tea as we have karate at 4.30 then I have to be at a kinder meeting at 7.30.  I am tired just thinking about it

#44 Jo-Anna

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hey bean cat. I looked into 'envie' too. I like that there appears to be no contracts, as I don't know how I will go getting there. Wouldn't mind going early before DH goes to work, but that means 5.30am... not sure if i can drag my bum outta bed that early unless its for a crying baby! It is a lovely day in Gis today. DS is at twin oaks as that is where his bestie from next door goes and it helped him settle in to know she is there.
SFML don't stress about the 6-9 week thing, they are just a bit more grumpy than usual but nothing lots of cuddles can't fix. which is easy with one baby and lots of relatives on hand.
satay chicken it is great that your OB sat down and had a good chat with you about the birth. I hope it has helped you to come to terms with your experience.
The babies have been so awesome today and I have had my MIL here all day too so I feel like I have had a good break. I even got to take DS1 (charlie) to playgroup on our own, which was lovely. I really love our one on one time, he is such a beautiful and sweet kid. Anyway. Hope you are all well.

#45 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hi ladies,
I have just found this forum I have been looking for a good one for a few days now. I hope you don't mind me joining its nice to have someone to chat to that are new mums as well. My daughter was born on the 22nd of may after a 40 hr labour a tear a cut and a vacuum extraction, she finally arrived.. I hope to chat further and get to know all of you. original.gif

#46 purple_daisy

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi ladies

I have arrived home from my stay at the clinic for feeding/attachment issues. It was absolutely brilliant and I'm pleased to say that after 4 days there, I feel so much more confident about getting bub to attach.  The nurses observed all my feeds and offered constructive advice on changing a few things in position/hold and stopping a few terrible techniques I had fallen into in hospital without realising.  DD responded very quickly and became much calmer and happier during feeds.  I'm really glad I went - BUT - the nurses made me feel crazy for thinking I could try to get an almost-4-week-old in any sort of bedtime routine/pattern  sad.gif

Debbs that feeding pattern sounds totally normal.  A bit of cluster feeding and a super long first sleep - you lucky duck. DD tends to have very brief feeds at night too, I think it is normal. They probably just want to get back to their warm beds.

Gixxie have you seen someone about the scar? The bleeding doesn't sound right at all... When I saw my GP to check my scar last week (it was all fine) she said it is always best to get it checked if you are at all worried as some women do get infections etc and it is better to catch it earlier rather than later.

Hello to everyone else. Sorry I can't do all the personals, I am totally exhausted from listening to all the other babies crying all night at the clinic. Something tells me I will be sleeping like a rock tonight. I'm really hoping DD decides to sleep all night for the first time heheh, wishful thinking I know!

#47 yoohooyou

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Gixxie, please go and get the scar looked at! My SIL had heaps of problems with her scar and when she finally went in the OB told her she should of come a week ago and he sent her to hospital for five days to recover from the infection.

Welcome Son1stum. Look forward to "chatting" with you more.

Well done Satay on talking to your OB. I too will miss my OB after my six week check up, a lovely man and really helpful and professional. I may just have to have another one so I can see him again  tongue.gif  

Glad the sleep school was worthwhile Purple. Its so hard with so many different opinions on what the right way is and it gets so confusing with everyone's different advice. I would also like to get my four week old into a routine, especially as it would help with the timing of feeds to not co-incide with school pick up times, but I think I'll give it a couple of weeks and then go from there, a lack of routine is not something I can easily cope with, just not that type  rolleyes.gif .

DS has been really good today, despite not having a sleep this afternoon, he is pretty much back to sleeping and eating in three-four hour intervals. Had a good night last night and feel like a new woman after getting two stretches of three hours (never thought I'd say that six hours broken sleep was great!).

I have also got into a routine with feeding where I am alternating expressing and formula bottle feeding each feed and without having the boob, it has really cut down on the feeding times as DS can usually get through the bottle in 30 minutes (with several burp breaks in between). I have also realised that with doing this I am starting to enjoy him more at feeding time as it is not such a chore (and with the bottle we can gaze lovingly into each others eyes for 30 minutes!).

It is a cold night in Melbourne tonight, I shall think of you all freezing along with me at 3am!

#48 DG22

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hi mums

I was in the may groûp but DD arrived a week early which landed us in April.

What can I say........... Im exhausted.....in every way shape & form. Had lots of b feeding issues sad.gif
To those of u with more then one kid I don't know how u do it

#49 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (DG22 @ 19/06/2013, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi mums

I was in the may groûp but DD arrived a week early which landed us in April.

What can I say........... Im exhausted.....in every way shape & form. Had lots of b feeding issues sad.gif
To those of u with more then one kid I don't know how u do it

Hi,
I second that well done to mums of more then one.

#50 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Can any of you help me decipher if my baby has reflux, when people say refluxy babies vomit is it full on projectile or just a little spit up? It's very confusing trying to work this all out. My baby gulps her bottle down and sometimes spits up after. I have been using the dr browns bottles and it has slowed her but she is still gulping during the feed and sometimes when she is not feeding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.