Parent's Group: Born in May 2013

• Please log in to reply
804 replies to this topic

#801 South Coast

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

Country, pleased everything has settled so well in your house!!  A wave goodbye at bedtime, now that's pretty good.  :)

I have a question!  DS had another severe meltdown at bed, so I got him up after 30 minutes and gave him some peanut butter toast and a sip of milk - he chowed it down.  Popped him back in bed and not a peep!!  Light bulb moment!! He's hungry!  So just wondering how soon before bedtime you give dinner??  I think given DS is going through a growth spurt that I am feeding him to early and then by bed he's hungry again. We had a horrid few months were his weight dipped but he's just piled on nearly a kg in 7 weeks.   He needs more food hey!!  I hope this is it.

Edited by Satay Chicken, 20 August 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#802 nrwsn

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Satay I am sorry to hear about your mc, good luck for this month!
We feed DD at about 6.30pm, followed by bathtime for a good 20-30 minutes and then straight to bed from there. Finally mastering the self settling, although I actually miss the cuddles to sleep - never thought I would say that after rocking her to sleep every nap/bedtime.

It is great to hear from everyone and wow yoohooyou I cannot believe how close you are. That seems to have gone very quick!
Enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy and hopefully the newborn stage is much easier this time around :)

DD is walking everywhere now and has an obsession with shoes. She is such an outdoors baby so will get very upset when we are stuck inside on a cold wet day but insists on being out.
Not too many words, just the mum/dad/sock/more and k for drink heheh
When she wants her shoes on, more more more. Everything is more :D

#803 South Coast

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

yoohooyou!!! I just reread your post - can't believe you only have 6 weeks to go!!  Exciting and overwhelming all at once I am sure.  I have to say I so admire how you have gotten through everything - well done!!  I hope you are able to get some rest time before bub comes, even if its just an hour a day..

Keep us updated!

#804 purple_daisy

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hi ladies, I had stopped checking this as I thought nobody was posting then I see all these new posts woo hoo.

Satay I am truly sorry for your loss. That is really sad. How are you feeling about trying again?

yoohooyou good luck with the final weeks of pregnancy. Life will be incredibly challenging and amazing when #2 arrives. We found the change from 1-2 much harder in some ways, but then heaps easier in others. Good luck, and hope you are finding the energy to stock that freezer!

Autumn how did you go with starting running?

#805 Autumn2013

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hi purple,
Thanks for remembering, I haven't started yet I have had every intention, I get ready to go and the weather is crap, it has been windy and miserable up until recently then it it has been pouring rain this past two weeks, so I am desperately hoping it clears up soon so I can start. :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.