7 1/2 week old
Newbie looking for friends

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TiffanyAndLogan

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hi all,

Just looking for some parents with babies around the same age and have a chat with. Throw some questions out there and share some stories. My baby boy was born 29th April and now 7 1/2 weeks. Loving being a mum. hope to hear from you soon.

#2 Jo-Anna

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

I have 8 week old twins.. come on over to the MAY 2013 parents group if you like. We are a friendly bunch original.gif
Oops just realised this is posted in the April group.... sorry!

Edited by Jo-Anna, 19 June 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#3 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi you replied to my normal baby behaviour. I'm in the same boat as you would love to have someone to chat to on here.

#4 joeyinthesky

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hi, my little boy was born 23rd April, so just a few days older. How are things going for you?  First 3 -4 weeks was pretty full-on here original.gif  Jo

#5 TiffanyAndLogan

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Son1stmum @ 19/06/2013, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi you replied to my normal baby behaviour. I'm in the same boat as you would love to have someone to chat to on here.

HI,

Hope what I suggested helped. Have you tried any of it yet? I haven't yet had a chance to get back to that post if you posted on there. Do you know if there is a setting available to get notifications? I would love to chat with you.... now what to say...lol cool.gif

#6 TiffanyAndLogan

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (joeyinthesky @ 19/06/2013, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, my little boy was born 23rd April, so just a few days older. How are things going for you?  First 3 -4 weeks was pretty full-on here original.gif  Jo

Things were crazy at the start too. My little boy was a tiny tacker and had low sugars when he was born and didn't have the energy to feed and lost a lot of weight. I really wanted to BF but he just got to tuckered out before any hind milk came through. So I expressed and offered formula to build his energy up and get him stronger whilst latching him on each feed so he wouldn't loose the skill. After 3 1/2 weeks he finally drained one side and continued putting on weight. Logan was such a good sleeper but not in a good way because he was so tired we would have to wake him for his feeds otherwise he would sleep through. Nearly 8 weeks on, our little boy is feeding on demand now every 3-4 hours during the day and occasionally does a good 6 hour stretch over night.
How are you finding nights now. what sort of routine do you follow of an evening?

#7 TiffanyAndLogan

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Jo-Anna @ 19/06/2013, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have 8 week old twins.. come on over to the MAY 2013 parents group if you like. We are a friendly bunch original.gif
Oops just realised this is posted in the April group.... sorry!

Thanks for the invite. I should pop over considering we are right on the border. Congratulations on your twins. Do you have twins in your family. Are you a FTM?

#8 DG22

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hi ladies,
I'm a first time mum. dD was born 28 April. I've had a few bfeeding issues so I pump all day long and give EBM plus one small top up of formula at night. Not sure how long i can continue this craziness.

We have a loose routine from midday. Our mornings vary but....
- afternoon sleep
- witching hour 4-9pm
- put to bed between 8-9pm
DD usually wakes for a feed between 2-4 am. Most nights I'm only getting up once to feed ( which I've been told is good)
- wakes up between 6-7am

#9 TiffanyAndLogan

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Time does fly. I feel like it was just yesterday I was my last day of work. I worked right up till 38 weeks in a 30 place kinder room full time and had my little boy right on 39 weeks. so got straight into. Glad I had the weeks break and glad I didn't go over and play the waiting game.

I had the same dramas with BF and had to express and offer via bottle. We are now EBF and offer a bottle once a week just incase so he doesn't loose the knack. Have you stopped latching your little one on? I was so close to giving up. Bottle and then expressing was tiring me out and especially overnight. I then attempted latching again and after about a week he drained one side. I was so impressed.
We don't really have a fussy time here. Just sqwarks every couple of hours for a feed in the evenings and that's from 5 - 9. then has a sleep till 12ish feed and then usually goes through till 5. 5 though is too early for me so I just popped him back in his bed and after about half an hour of spitting his dummy he drifts off and wakes about 8 for another feed. during the day we are usually doing a 3 hour feed sometimes he stretches to 4. But I prefer 3 hour feeds because we had some weight gaining issues at the start because of BF and I know hes getting plenty and gaining weight.

#10 joeyinthesky

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (TiffanyAndLogan @ 19/06/2013, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Things were crazy at the start too. My little boy was a tiny tacker and had low sugars when he was born and didn't have the energy to feed and lost a lot of weight. I really wanted to BF but he just got to tuckered out before any hind milk came through. So I expressed and offered formula to build his energy up and get him stronger whilst latching him on each feed so he wouldn't loose the skill. After 3 1/2 weeks he finally drained one side and continued putting on weight. Logan was such a good sleeper but not in a good way because he was so tired we would have to wake him for his feeds otherwise he would sleep through. Nearly 8 weeks on, our little boy is feeding on demand now every 3-4 hours during the day and occasionally does a good 6 hour stretch over night.
How are you finding nights now. what sort of routine do you follow of an evening?

Sounds like he's doing well after a rocky start! Well done to get him to finally feed -that's a lot of expressing, must have been tough.    My little guy has fed well right from the start, but has been a terrible sleeper. First 3-4 weeks he was waking every 1 1/2 hours overnight and during the day to feed. I was getting beside myself with the lack of sleep! He's finally stretched it out to about 2 1/2hours overnight, there's even been a few nights of 3 hours BUT he now only catnaps for 30-40 mins at a time during the day and rarely resettles when he wakes.  Hard to get anything done!  He's a lovely happy little man for about an hour after he wakes and then takes about 15mibs of patting and rocking to settle him back to sleep. Demand fed, but usually 2 to 2 1/2 hous between feeds.He's not particularly fussy in the evenings but the time we get him down to bed for he night varies depending on his last nap. Usually between 8 - 9. I give him a bath about 6ish and he has a cuddle with his dad for a while when he gets home, then usually a quick nap while we grab the opportunity to make/eat dinner. Doesn't always work that smoothly though!

#11 cassie&riley

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

hey i had my little boy Riley on the  15th april also looking for friends original.gif

#12 kel m

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

hi ladies, i was just flicking through the forums & seen this one.
My son was born 18th April 2013 :smile:

Im a first time mum to my gorgeous son who is now nearlly 10 months, wow how quick the time goes !

My DS starts pre-school in a few weeks as im returning to work part time, ahhhhrrr im going to cry my eyes out !! lol

#13 kel m

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

does annyone go on this forum for babies born in april 2013 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.