IVF Multiple Cycles & the Long Haul BG #17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 AmberSpark

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Woo Hoo GOLD.

Sariele - Hang in there lovely- I have everything crossed for you and it just seems to be never ending pressure for us.

#3 Sparky10

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Silver! A good omen I hope  biggrin.gif

Started spotting today so I guess no miracle this month. AF is on her way. On the plus side the DHEA does seem to be improving my cycles. Only one month to go now until I can start my next stim. I'm itching to get back iinto it now. The waiting is so hard!

Sariele - I hope your test today was nice and dark

MRae - hope the 2WW is not driving you crazy.

hi to everyone else.

#4 Sariele

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Bronze!
QUOTE (Sparky10 @ 27/06/2013, 03:39 PM)
Sariele - I hope your test today was nice and dark

Unfortunately not. Yesterday's and today's lines are basically identical, which is really frustrating cause it makes me scared that I'm facing a chemical still.
Another loooong wait til tomorrow morning...

Edited by Sariele, 27 June 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#5 Sparky10

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Sariele - If I were you I would get thee to the GP tomorrow and get a BT done. You are going to drive yourself insane squinting at lines all weekend! Good luck.

#6 Sparky10

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

deleting double post

Edited by Sparky10, 27 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#7 Sariele

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

I actually already did! wink.gif I went to see her for something else, but told her how much this was stressing me out, so she gave me an urgent hcg and p4 test.

Hcg was 77 today, which isn't bad for 13dpo. P4 was only 41, which is acceptable, but a lot lower than I would have expected/liked, being on 2x Crinone, 1x pessary and 3x provera a day..

Now just hoping that my tests look okay over the weekend, so my official Monday beta isn't too stressful!

#8 Sparky10

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Sariele - I'm no expert but those numbers seem pretty good. FX for Monday.

#9 AmberSpark

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Sounds pretty good to me too Sariele - I hope the weekend isn't too stressful.

Just a quick question for ladies on DHEA - did it increase your sex drive. ??

#10 Sariele

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks guys. original.gif

Amber - tuh, my DH wishes it did! I have a terribly low sex drive, and I had heard that DHEA could increase it, but nope, I noticed no difference at all! My libido really does suck, lol.

A darker line this morning, getting closer in colour to the control line, so I'm happy and relaxed today. original.gif

#11 MRae

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Sariele good luck! I think those numbers look ok too, I just don't know how the drugs will affect the HCG.  I know your crinone shouldn't.

I'm sorry AF looks like she's here Sparky.

Estel good luck for Tuesday.

AFM: I'm 4dp5dt.  Had last injection of pregnyl last night. Not feeling anything different at this stage.  I wont test before blood test because I tested the morning before last time and got a BFP but then the morning of the blood test it was -ive and the bloods confirmed that.  I was floored as I had gotten my hopes up.  so I'll wait.  I will get AF before blood test results anyway if its -ive.  I just need to be patient.  I'll know next Friday afternoon for sure. I'll go back to my crazy busy work and keep distracted now.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Edited by MRae, 28 June 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#12 Sparky10

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Amber - No increased sex drive from me either unfortunately although I did notice I had a lot more energy the first few weeks I was on it. Bummer. I just got the crap side effects of facial hair and pimples...hmmm perhaps that is why I'm not feeling very sexy!

MRae - Gosh that must have been awful. I don't like testing before either. I did for my first transfer and I found going in to get the blood test done when you already know the result is going to be negative is way too depressing.  Good luck for next week.

Estel - good luck for your transfer.

Have a great weekend ladies.

#13 Dadora

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hello Ladies, Sorry I've been away. Crazy week!
Mrae - I agree. Don't test if you can. On my first cycle I tested from day 2 pt and just got sadder each day with each bfn. Now I don't at all. Living in hope does wonders, I think. I hope the rest of your 2ww flies. When is your beta?
sariele - looking very positive to me! I think your levels seem pretty darn good wink.gif best of luck for tomorrow.
Sparky- sorry to hear AF is showing her head sad.gif  I'm glad you are getting towards the end of your wait with one month to go. Waiting sucks big time wink.gif
AFM - so I'm a ball of anxiety and shock ATM. At cd 9 this week I started spotting. Great. One more weird ass thing happening in my dumb body. So trotted off to Clinic for bloods. Next day DH and I were there for marathon PGD counselling. After 1.5 hours of listening to an embryologist go on my nurse popped in and said bloods say you've O'd. Ok, weird and early but ok...more counselling and we were about to leave when nurse rushes back and says 'need to take your height and weight' Well this is going to be a real morale booster.. So I go in with her and she grabs me and says, ' you're pregnant!'. Omg.. I just started bawling. After all the IVF...omgSo, my hcg is 610 but my prog was only 8. So I'm on 7 (7!) crinone a day and bloods again tomorrow. I so so hope my hcg has doubled and prog should be up FX. But I'm also preparing myself for bad news. I guess after the ivf failures I'm in that mindset.
Sorry for the rant! And hope I haven't upset anyone. This was very unexpected for us.

#14 emski72

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hello all,

Firstly Dadora OMG!!!! Congratulations... that's amazing news and congratulations.

Do you mind if I jump in here? I've been reading along for a while - and can normally be found in the 40+ AC buddy group - but it's gone incredibly quiet so I've been peeking in on you girls of late and finding some solace in reading from others who have been 'at it a while' like me, although I don't consider 4 cycles much of a long haul in comparison to what some have been through on their journeys.

We've only been doing IVF for about 18 months - but have been trying to cycle as much as possible given my age.

I've just switched clinics and have moved to a very progressive FS after slowly working out that my last clinic, while nice, weren't exactly cutting edge with the protocols they used.  And after seeing their success rates in comparison to my new clinic, I'm kinda kicking myself I didn't move last year when I first felt things weren't 'quite right'.

Have just had a barrage of testing that the other clinic didn't seem to think was necessary  blink.gif and am slowly getting my results back - have found out I have coeliac disease which can impact fertility due to malabsorption of viatmins etc. and just had a diagnostic d&c, hysterscopy and uterine scratch a week or so ago - just waiting on AF so I can start cycling.

I hope to get to know you all

Em x

#15 MRae

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

DADORA THAT'S AWESOME !!!!!!  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif      

Welcome Emski.  I'm feeling that my clinic is as progressive as id like either.  It sounds like they are really putting you through the ringer, but I guess we'll do anything if it works hey?  good luck.

AFM: 7dp5dt.  still no symptoms to speak of..... Period due Thursday, bloods Friday.  Oh this week is the worst!

Edited by MRae, 01 July 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#16 Sparky10

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Wow Dadora. That is fantastic news. Congratulations. I really hope this is it for you.

MRae - that last week of the TWW really does suck. Fingers crossed for you.

Emski - welcome but sorry you have to join us. I have done 4 stim cycles too and I think it is a lot. I Good luck for this cycle. I hope the change of clinic is all you need.

Sariele -  ph34r.gif

AFM - AF and trying to look after a cheeky puppy dog during two weeks of solid Sydney rain does not make me very Sparky! Thank god the sun is out today. Just over 3 weeks til I start my next cycle and I cannot wait to stop taking all these drugs/vitamins. I'm on 8 tablets a day of the moment and it is doing my head in!

#17 Sariele

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Dadora!! That's amazing! What a surprise. Sending you all the stickiness in the world. original.gif original.gif

MRae - I hate the waiting, it's awful. I hope Friday comes around quickly for you, and with fantastic news.

Welcome Emski!

Sparky - Ugh, yeah, that doesn't sound like fun. And as for pill-popping... Including vitamins/supplements, in the 3 months leading up to this cycle I was on 12 or 13 tablets/caps a day. Ridiculous. All I'm taking now is 2x pregnancy multis, 2x fish oil, magnesium, Vit D and Vit E.

Okay.... so....

539!!! That was my beta today! Going by my sneaky GP test the other day, that is an approximate 33 hour doubling time. I am just amazed and blown away, and I cannot believe that this worked. Well, so far at least! I'm still anxious about my next BT on Wed to make sure my levels keep rising, but I'm 200% more relaxed than I was about today's test.

Just amazing. I keep thinking it has to be a dream, because I just don't "feel" pregnant in the slightest, IYKWIM. I feel like this is all just wrong and it's still going to go pear-shaped any second. Self-preservation after all this time, I suppose.

#18 Sparky10

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Fantastic news Sariele. Great to see some success in this thread. It gives us all hope.

#19 estel2

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Well that's great news - Dadora and Sarielle - just great - congratulations ;-)

MRae - thinking of you in the 2 week wait (I'm another non-tester - just to stressful so I don't).

Emski - welcome and good luck.  

Sparky - thank you.

As for me, I went missing on the old thread and have only just found the new one (comes from keeping the browser open on the thread!).  I have my transfer tomorrow.  Really over the top day at work today, so my stress free day off is going to be somewhat less stress free and off - but wish us well.

#20 Dadora

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Just a quick post from me. Hcg went down over weekend sad.gif I've been told to expect a miscarriage in the next few days...ah, the roller coaster goes on.

fantastic news for you sariele!

I'll pop back in a bit later.

#21 estel2

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Dadora- just so sorry to hear your news.

I haven't got good news to add - our embryo didn't survive the thaw this morning.  When I started I said this was partly about closure - and we've got that -rather more abruptly than we were hoping.  I'm not going to say I'm not sad - because I am. But we do have our answer.  
We started this long journey back in 2000.  We did a lot of IVFcycles- partly because they usually looked good - just didn'twork.  At the end of 2005 when I was 39 we did a last stim cycle, before moving on to look at adoption.  We had one last embryo - but really were just warn out from so many cycles and wanting to move on.  O/S adoption seemed to have a window of opportunity -andwe probably just missed it. So after calling it quits earlier this year,  we came back to complete the unfinished cycle.  

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for their kind support.  I'm notgoing to vanish immediately - partly because I'd welcome a bit of support as we move on.  But also I'd like to see how you good ladies go and offer some support of my own.

And MRae - still hoping for all the best for you.

estel

#22 Sparky10

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

Oh ladies, I'm so sorry for both of you. That is heartbreaking news.

Dadora - Take care of yourself. MC is such a difficult time, especially when you have been trying for a long time. My thoughts are with you.

Estel - I'm not sure what to say but I hope in time you can find peace with your situation. I'm so sorry. Please do hang around and vent all you need to. We are all here for you.

MRae - Thinking of you too. I hope you are not going too crazy and Friday comes around quickly.

Amber & Sariele - Hi. Hope you ladies are both doing well.

#23 Sariele

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry Dadora and Estel. sad.gif

Dadora - talk about going from a dizzying high to a horrifying low. I hope you are coping okay.

Estel - How awful. I am heartbroken whenever I hear of someone's emby not thawing, especially if it was their last. I can't say anything helpful, but my thoughts are with you.

MRae - Two more sleeps!

AFM - Just went for my second clinic beta this morning. Not to be insensitive to the people who are doing it tough, but I am still SO terrified that my levels will have stalled or my doubling rate will have dropped dramatically. I just refuse to let myself believe that this could be a sticky. Hopefully I'll have my result in around 3-4 hours. I feel sick, and it's definitely not pg-related!

#24 emski72

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Dadora, sorry to read your update and yours too McRae.   bbighug.gif

Sariele, I've got everything crossed for you
Em x

#25 Sariele

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thanks Emski. It was all good, hcg today was 1290, which is a 38 hour doubling time from Monday. Starting to feel a little more relieved/confident now. FS has got me coming in for an early scan in a week, but of course it will be too early to see much more than whether there's one or two sacs. But I'm going away for a week after that, so I think he thought it might mean that seeing something in there will allow me to enjoy my holiday a bit more.

I'll still be in here for support ladies, but I'll keep my news out of here now. Thanks so much for supporting me throughout what turned out to be a cycle more amazing than I could have hoped. xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.