IVF Multiple Cycles & the Long Haul BG #17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#101 Sparky10

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Sounds like a great idea Amber. I love mental health days! I just bought the series Hart of Dixie and spent a good number of days during my last cycle on the couch watching it. I found it was a really good escape.

I'm back on the DHEA too just in case my 2 embies are no good and I have to do another cycle. I keep saying I've had enough but be honest I'm not sure how to come to terms with accepting a future with no children so I keep ploughing on. This next one really will be the last one though unless I get a better job as we can't afford any more. I've got a good lead for a job though so hoping that might work out in the next week or so.

#102 emski72

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I had one of those meltdowns just over a week ago. I don't often let it all get to me but an old colleague put up a very pregnant photo of herself on facebook and I was howling. DH  was out so I could really let rip too, I think I needed it.  So don't feel like you are alone -  I think all of us go through it.
I'm out for this cycle to give my body a rest, will cycle again in Sept/Oct depending on AF which is always screwy after a stim cycle. We are doing everything the same but adding in HA-ICSI after our bad fert rate last time - we've only ever done standard ICSI  before.
Em xx

#103 AmberSpark

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Yep Mental Health Day happened yesterday and I have a sinus infection anyway, so spent it in bed and enjoyed it. Watched all my episodes of Offspring, love that show.

I'm with you Sparky, I am saying this one is the last one but I don't know how to cope without not having kids. I am really struggling with it. I have just extended my personal loan to cover my next one. So after that, I am not sure where to go but I will worry about it when I get there.

Emski - what is the difference with ICSI and HA ICSI....??

#104 Sparky10

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Glad to hear you had a nice day off Amber. I hope your sinus infection has cleared up and you are feeling a bit better. How long now until you start your next cycle?

Well I'm officially going insane. I'm not only waiting on PGD results but also on whether I've got a new job. I was hoping to hear by early in the week about the job but it's now Friday and I'm starting to freak out a bit. I really need a win right now. I'm back to feeling like my whole life is on hold. At least if I got the job it gives me the security to know we can keep trying IVF if this cycle doesn't work. On top of that AF arrived and I have a cold so feeling rather sh*te. Sorry for the rant but I needed to get it out!

#105 AmberSpark

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Sparky - still feeling a little sick but getting there I think!!!
Well, I guess about 3 weeks, eeeekkkkkk.....to my next and most probable last cycle. We just can't afford to keep going with it all. We are broke now, so the next one is going to push us but I have to give it one last shot.

I have everything crossed for you, I hope that you get this job. I hate waiting for job call backs. It always feels we are waiting for something in this journey. I have never been a patient person, so this has been a huge learning curve for me.

#106 Sparky10

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thanks Amber. Patience is not my strong point either. I'm seriously having to learn to have it with this journey though!

Well the good news is I got the job. I'm so relieved as it really helps take the pressure off financially. Now I can just focus all my stressing on whether we get a healthy embryo or not!

#107 Jessie_T

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

oops wrong group :p

Edited by Jessie_T, 26 August 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#108 AmberSpark

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

That is fantastic news Sparky. I am so happy for you.

I am home sick again, I am so over this whole thing. This flu is really bad. I am suppose to be ovulating in the next couple of days but the way I am feeling it will be out. I worry that if I do a cycle next after being this sick it will hurt it.

Arrrggghhhhhh.

#109 emski72

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

hi guys,
Sparky congratulations on the job, that must be a relief!
Amber sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, take it easy... you've got me addicted to Hart of Dixie now too btw
.RE: HA-ICSI, apparently yhey use some solution to draw out the best sperm... who knew!? I'm just waiting for this cycle to pass, had the worst AF of my life after this last cycle... and my cycles are always long after a stim cycle, so just plodding through the days
Take care girls,
Em xx

HA-ICSI

#110 Sparky10

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Amber - Sorry to hear you are still not well. I'm sure it won't stuff up your cycle though. I've been feeling pretty ordinary myself. My last cycle knocked me around a bit, then I spent a week stressed about whether my embies would make it to day 5, then I got a cold. Just getting over it now but still feeling pretty shattered. I've booked a romantic weekend away with DH for this weekend so hope I'm feeling better by then as we could really use the escape!

Emski - that's interesting about HA-ICSI. I'm just doing regular ICSI. I hope it helps you. My second AF after a stim is always about a week late. I've tried to line up my new job start date so that I can get in one more cycle before starting if I need to so hoping my body co-operates. Better yet, hoping one of my embies is healthy and I don't have to do another cycle! I suspect I'll find out sometime early next week but we'll see.

#111 AmberSpark

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

I had three days off work and feeling much better, people at work have still said I look like death but I feel better than I did. I rang my FS and I have an appointment for the 11th September, which is the date I am due for AF, so it works out well, I just want to chat to him about a few things and hopefully pick up my drugs, as they are all new ones, I was on Gonal F before and I am not this time. I am doing a Flare Cycle ?? Who knows what the differences are? It works out that I will be hopefully doing EPU over the school holidays which is so helpful in my role, means I don't have to take anymore time off.

Sparky10 - I feel that DH and I need a holiday as well. Its a killer, we are going to Moama in a couple of weekends with some friends which will be good. But I think we need some alone time as well.

Emski - I didn't know that either about HA, so thanks, I will ask my FS about it.

#112 emski72

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hey Amber I'm doing boost/flare too - you start on cd 2 with syneral on my plan, a lot shorter cycle 12 days usually, the aim is for better quality eggs
I hear you both on the holiday thing - it's been a long year, we can't even plan that at the moment because if we have to go down the donor egg route, will have to get to Capetown early next year... which ain't cheap.

When is your weekend away Sparky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.