IVF Multiple Cycles & the Long Haul BG #17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#51 emski72

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the well wishes on the scan. There looks to be about 8 follies (maybe 9 if one gets its a into g) third scan tomorrow and likely EPU on Wed.

I too have been in limbo for about 18 months, want a change work wise but can't afford to leave really, in case we have to go down the overseas donor egg route next year... so am kind of stuck. My company is fairly forgiving and flexible though so I have it pretty good and should count my blessings. Just sucks when all you want to do is be a mum huh?
Em x

#52 Sparky10

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Sounds promising Emski. Good luck for EPU. I started stims yesterday so am a week behind you. I have my first scan on Thursday so just praying that I get a decent number of eggs.

#53 AmberSpark

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hi Ladies.

Sparky10 - I have been in a dark place the last couple of weeks. I was invited to a baby shower of someone I hardly know and had to say to the person organising it that I don't want to go. I told them that it is a struggle for me to go for someone I know and love but I do it coz I do love them. But for someone I hardly know, I am not putting myself through that.
I hope they understand. Oh well. We bought an older house with the intention of doing it up but 3 IVF cycles later, its still the same and I hate that we are not moving.

Emski - that sounds like great numbers. fingers crossed for you.

AFM: I am in O week, do I just go for it. Oh well, give my hubby a run for his money this week.

#54 Sparky10

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Amber - I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. You are a stronger woman than me though. I don't attend baby showers at all and two of my girlfriends who have had children in the past year I have not seen at all. I just can't cope with it and feel like I need to put myself first. I hope that in time I can come to terms with being childless and will be able to deal with these things better but I feel whilst I am still going through the IVF process I really need to do whatever I can to make the process easier on myself. Don't beat yourself up over it. You just have to do what is best for you.

Enjoy your BD time. I hope you get a natural miracle :smile:

#55 AmberSpark

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Sparky10 - its so humbling to know that there are people feeling like I do and I am not a bad person. Lately it has been bad for me. I think that I know this is the last one and that my dream is slowing fading. I said to my cousin the other day, after being told she has PCO that its okay, there is always one couple you know that can't have kids and I am the token one, don't stress you will be fine. Sadly I am beginning to realise that it is true.  . I am trying naturally as my Dr said the DHEA can perform miracles and have a natural conception, although with DH swimmer problems, I seriously doubt it. But you just never know.

#56 emski72

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hugs to you both  - what a crappy road this is.

#57 Sparky10

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Emski - I hope EPU went well today.

Amber - I hope things get easier for you soon.

Dadora - how are you doing love? I've been thinking about you during this tough time.

Hi to all the other ladies.

I have my first scan tomorrow. I'm a little nervous as my CD1 FSH was too high so there is a chance the cycle may need to be cancelled. I really hope not. My FSH has been at a similar level on previous cycles and we still made it to EPU but it's just another thing to stress about.

#58 emski72

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Good luck with your scan Sparky - I hope your fsh sorts itself out and you can keep pushing forward with this cycle.
9 eggs for me today which is a great result - will get my fertilisation report tomorrow.
Em

#59 Sparky10

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

9! Wow. Congratulations. That's a fantastic number Emski. The most I've ever gotten was 5. I would kill for 9! FX for a good fertilisation report. Please keep us posted.

#60 AmberSpark

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Emski that is fantastic Numbers..... :ninja:  for fert rates. Sparky10 - hoping all is okay and you can start.

#61 Sparky10

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Thanks Amber

First scan showed 4 follicles around the same size. There is another one that is likely to be too big and another 3 that are currently too small. I'm really hoping one or two of the little ones can catch up. Ideally I'd like at least 4 eggs but 5 or 6 would be fantastic. Second scan on saturday will probably give me a better idea but for now it looks ok.

#62 AmberSpark

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sparky10 - sorry to be a pain but is your usual egg haul.

#63 Sparky10

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hi Amber - I usually get 4 eggs. I was hoping to get one or two more with the DHEA and higher Puregon dose but my FS did say the DHEA was more likely to result in better quality eggs rather than more. The problem with genetic testing is that you need as many as possible so you can hopefully find that one healthy egg. I usually find my second scan is a better indication of how many eggs I will get at retrieval so at this stage I am just happy that there are some follicles there growing at similar rates. Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

#64 emski72

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Blah - only 1 of my 9 fertilised! Not sure whats going on as I have had about 50% ferilisation rates in the past. Was on DHEA and melatonin for about 7 weeks now - will focus on my one good one and put my energy into that.

#65 Sparky10

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Oh Emski. I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope that your embryo is super strong and the only one you need.

#66 AmberSpark

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

I am sorry to hear that too Emski - I am praying this is the one. are you doing a 5 day transfer or 2-3day Sparky 10 - I will be interested to hear the differences in cycles with the DHEA. Good luck with your next scan.

#67 emski72

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks guys, I had a day 3 transfer yesterday, I also came down with a cold as well, so its forced me to take it easy - think I watched 8 episodes of Brothers and Sisters today lol!
How did you go with your scan sparky?
I've been on DHEA for 2 months as well, not sure if its worked for me, although they say it takes 3 months to see the real benefits.
Em x

#68 Sparky10

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Great news about your transfer Emski. Let's hope the DHEA has made that embie super strong and sticky.

I just had another scan and things are looking on track for 4 eggs I think. I have 4 follies at 14, 1 x 21, 1x 10 and a couple of smaller ones. Praying the 10 catches up to the ones at 14 by trigger as 5  eggs would be amazing. At this stage I'm guessing EPU will be around Thursday but will know more once the nurses call with my BT results.

#69 AmberSpark

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hmmmm its making me wonder, I was doing my pills for the week and realised that I have only one bottle left on the DHEA. So Trying to work out to go for it on the next AF or wait and get the other prescription and do 4 months. As this is our last cycle I want to make it worth it.  Good Luck Emski - how the next 2ww is not too much of a killer for you. Sparky that is great. Hope the little ones do a great growth spurt for you.

#70 Sparky10

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Amber - how long will you have been on the DHEA if you cycle next month? My FS was adamant that I needed to be on it at least 12 weeks (as apparently it takes the egg 12 weeks to mature) but she also didn't want me on it much longer than 4 months (as she said the long term side effects are not really known).

#71 AmberSpark

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I just worked it our and I have been on it 9 weeks and should be due for my AF in 2 weeks, so that will make it 11 weeks. I just O'd. So do I do a cycle or go another month?? and make it nearly 15 weeks.

#72 Sparky10

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Amber - that is a tough choice. Personally I would be guided by my FS. Can you give your FS a call and get his/her opinion?

Looks like my EPU will be on Friday which is good news as it will hopefully give time for one of my smaller follies to catch up to the bigger ones. Feeling much more positive today. FX this is the last time I have to do this!

#73 emski72

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'd probably just go for it Amber if it were me, but sparky is right give your FS a call.
Great to hear your coming up to EPU Sparky!

#74 AmberSpark

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

Sparky - great news on the EPU for Friday. Hoping for a great result for you.

Emski - Thanks I might give him a call and just ask him what he thinks. Probably should speak to my husband as well.  :doh:

#75 Sparky10

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Thanks Amber.

I just read your post in the RSG forum and was wondering why it costs you $189 for the DHEA? Can't you just buy one months worth? I pay for mine by the month and it costs $64.

That aside, I really would speak to your FS for advice but if it were me I would probably wait. If this really is going to be your last roll of the dice I think you want to give it everything you have and not be left wondering if that one week would have made a difference. I do understand how tough the waiting around is though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.