Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Fifi1987

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

First day of July tomorrow, how are we ladies doing?

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, found out last week that my placenta is heavily calcified and my Obs wants to induce me before 38 weeks. I have another appointment tomorrow. I've been stressing so much and monitoring bubs movements like a woman possessed. Every time I wake during the night I won't go back to sleep unless I feel a movement. I'm going to ask him to induce me ASAP as the stress isn't worth it and bubs is a good weight and fit as a fiddle.

How is everyone else doing?

#3 RellBell

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Silver!

The OB I had gave me a big lecture on how the moment your baby goes over 40 weeks, it starts running out of room and if I feel the slightest decrease in movement, I need to go to the hospital. So I know how you feel, i've been freaking out as well!

Only one week left for you to go! How exciting  original.gif

I'm just waiting around for this little one to come, no signs of labour yet though! I figure that it usually happens at night, so I get so disappointed in the morning that it's been another night and no baby. It's so silly how anxious we get towards the end (you wouldn't think we'd be wanting to rush into labour).

Good luck tomorrow!

#4 BeakyHoneyButt

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I haven't posted for ages, but thought I'd pop in as I'm heading in for my ECS tomorrow morning. My last night of being pregnant feels pretty weird.
Looking forward to following the thread this month as we all start to have our babies!!!!

Wish me luck ladies.  biggrin.gif

#5 Fifi1987

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Good luck foxgirls :-)

How are you going Relly?

I'm being induced next Monday night but have to have scans every few days. I was really disappointed my doc didn't want to induce earlier but he knows best. I was a bit put off when he called my placenta "grotty". Bubs has also turned and is prosterior now, Obs thinks ill end up have a c section, I hope not.

#6 RellBell

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Good luck foxgirls - so exciting that you'll have your little baby in your arms today!

Fifi - Good luck with the induction, I hope it all goes well!
I've got about 7 days before I "have" to be induced, and it might just be because i'm a first time mum, but it scares me half to death.

I long for that exciting feeling when i'm lying in bed and am woken by my first contraction, and I think "is this is? Is it starting?!". There is just something so scary about laying on the bed hooked up to a drip and having someone break my waters with a crocheting hook. Having said that, it's just me and my insecurities - a lot of women love their inductions and knowing when the baby is coming. I'm going to try really hard over the next 7 days to get into that mindset, because this one isn't helping me at all!! I'm going to start reading induction stories that are positive and preparing for it.

Because of my baby's positioning, if I have to be induced, there's a high chance of it ending in c-section as well. I know it sounds terrible, and I should at least want to try - but I just think... what's the point? I wish they would just offer me an elective c-section and save me the 14 hours of painful labour that's likely to fail anyway  unsure.gif

Either way, i've told my bump that it's not getting any brothers and sisters. Pregnancy is hard, and my nerves just aren't cut out for this whole labour waiting game!

#7 RellBell

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I realised my post sounded a little depressing and just wanted to add... that even if our labours end up not being ideal and turn into c-sections, at least we will have our beautiful little babies safe and in our arms early next week. Our precious babies are just around the corner original.gif

#8 jjc1

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi Ladies
Goodluck foxgirls you will have a bub by the end of the day
Fifi and relly Goodluck with your inductions you never know you may go before so you may get your natural labour
Relly i don't know how you have survived over forty weeks i am over it and only 38 weeks on thurs.
Fifi We heard in our antenatal classes if you sit on the toilet backwards sometimes the baby will turn back around but it sounds a little weird.

We had a scan last tues for growth the bub is now 8lb and i was measuring above the 95 percentile and fundal length was 42cm so i am huge bub is also breech so we are booked in for a c section next thurs so a little scary

#9 jjc1

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi Ladies
Goodluck foxgirls you will have a bub by the end of the day
Fifi and relly Goodluck with your inductions you never know you may go before so you may get your natural labour
Relly i don't know how you have survived over forty weeks i am over it and only 38 weeks on thurs.
Fifi We heard in our antenatal classes if you sit on the toilet backwards sometimes the baby will turn back around but it sounds a little weird.

We had a scan last tues for growth the bub is now 8lb and i was measuring above the 95 percentile and fundal length was 42cm so i am huge bub is also breech so we are booked in for a c section next thurs so a little scary

#10 BeakyHoneyButt

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for all the kind wishes today original.gif
Baby Lucinda was born 9:15am 7p6oz.
Very tired and sore but both of us are fine so far original.gif

Jjc1, my 2nd was breech and had a CS for her, it was fine. And the CS I had today was even better again, so good luck with yours, keep us posted if baby turns though!

Not sure how to post pics from my phone on here? Or would I have to use photo bucket?

#11 jjc1

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hi all well our little bundle of joy decided  he didn't want to wait c section or not. Waters broke 630 fri morn and went to hospital where they took me down at 10 and  little jaxson was born at 1050am 10lb 2oz 52cm and was technically 2 weeks early so big boy and smitten with him

#12 RellBell

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wow! Congratulations!! Big healthy bubba, I csn't imagine what size he would have been at full term. It must be amazing to be holding your baby.

#13 Fifi1987

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Congratulations JJC1. I love the name Jaxson too. Strong name for a strong boy.

How are you doing Relly?

I was induced Monday, it's now Wednesday and so far I've dilated a measly 1cm. I had a stretch and sweep this morning and its done nothing. My doctor doesn't seem concerned and bubs is monitored every 6 hours. I'm tired and frustrated and really want this baby out. I'm hoping to have a C section tomorrow, I really wanted a natural birth but its taking so bloody long! Come out baby!

#14 RellBell

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Did they induce you by breaking your waters? Monitoring every 6 hours must be so frustrating!

I've had two stretch and sweeps. Both of them caused two days worth of regular painful contractions each (and hope and excitement), but no baby. They helped me dilate from 1cm to 3cm, but that was about it! Had my last stretch and sweep on monday. I think they were definitely worth a try, but I won't be having them if I have any other pregnancies, quite frankly they were invasive, painful at the time and just painful and disappointing for the days following them. I was willing to try anything at the time though to avoid induction. Now I honestly do not care how the baby comes out, I just want it OUT!

Will be going up to the hospital at 7am (if I don't get postponed) to have my baby induced (breaking waters and then syntocin drip). I really wanted to go into spontaneous labour, but i'm 40+11 tomorrow... so due to time constraints, i'm running out of options.

DP and I are going to cuddle on the couch tonight, maybe do a little cleaning, go to bed early and basically just enjoy our last night of it just being us two.

Fingers crossed for you Fifi, hopefully tomorrow afternoon/evening i'll be ducking onto EB to tell everyone that my little girl has arrived safe and sound. Will be looking out for your update too!! xo

#15 Fifi1987

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

Good luck Relly. I've been induced with prostaglandin gel. It started contractions virtually straight away.

I'm in the delivery suite now with irregular strong contractions about 4 minutes apart. I'm getting my cervix checked at 7 or prior if I need it and they will break my waters.

Starting to get scared now! I've been here for 3 nights and finally something is happening

Keep me posted xx

#16 RellBell

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yay!

Hopefully everything will start happening for you once they break your waters. You poor thing, can't believe they've let you go on labouring for so long! I'm hoping that if I get in this morning,  that I'll have a baby by tonight.  *fingers crossed for both of us*.

#17 RellBell

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

Just realised that I'm also due to have my waters broken at 7am, so it's nice to know I'll have another July mummy labouring alongside me original.gif

#18 RellBell

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

My little one arrived this morning weighing in at about 8 pound 5, she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!
How did your induction go Fifi? Hope you're cuddling your little baby original.gif

#19 Rockchickmom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hi peoples. Finally I have a baby.

It's a BOY.
Rembrandt Grayson was born 5th July 8.40am via c section from being breech, complications I won't go into as it was scary and I'd prefer not to scary too may people in here. 11 days in two hospitals was enough and my son and I are finally home and he's now 2 weeks old. I am getting better, feeling great. My son Remy is as beautiful as I imagined.
I AM A MOM!!!
41 yrs old and I am finally a mom. Wow. I look at him and still get teary knowing this is it. We hyphenated our last names so his name is very long, lol for such a small boy, he's in 0000 clothes which I am having a great time picking out for him. Getting as much as I can in BLUE!!
Had my baby been a girl I would have called her : Mackiah Sage. (Mac kya/h)
But I did have this yearning for my one and only baby to be a boy. So I got my Rembrandt and I am happy as.

#20 AJV29

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Congrats to all the new mums original.gif

Still waiting patiently...

#21 LuigiSpaghetti

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hey Ladies

I was due in August but Austin took us all by surprise and came early! Everything has gone smoothly and he hasn't needed any special care.
Really quick and good delivery and so far recovering well. Feeding mostly going ok but his sucking reflex not as good as a full term bub according to paed so could take a bit of patience

He weighed in at a healthy 6 pound 8 oz and 50cm long

Is there a facebook group that I could join?

LuigiS

#22 blueynat

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

hi ladies,

Sorry I havent been in for ages. Thought I would come in and say my baby boy arrived 11th July 10:40pm and weighed 7lb10oz. Waters broke the day before at 4am but ended up being induced the next day due to nothing happening and we found out my waters broke up top instead of down low.
We have named him Baylee Jay and he is just a dream. The kids adore him to bits as much as what myself and my partner do.
Congrats to all that have had their bubs and good luck to all that are still waiting.

I will be stalking original.gif

#23 Rockchickmom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Remy is almost a month old, how fast has it gone since coming home from hospital. He's beautiful and we waste a lot of time watching him pull faces, laughing as he burps and farts and wriggles. He's so alert and looking around all the time... his blue eyes are so dark we know they will end up dark brown since both of us have brown eyes. I can't wait for him to start smiling when he see's me and making baby noises... but in time. I can kinda wait I want to enjoy this baby time.. I am pretty happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.