IVFers due in November 2013 Thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

#226 Milano

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Good luck today clrw, thinking of you!

April, thanks for posting how things are going for you. As a ftm it's nice to hear how others are coping and any tips you might have. So good to hear that Harrison is sleeping well when swaddled. They taught us how to swaddle in the antenatal class but I don't think it means much until you do the real thing. A doll is just not the same!

I'm 40+2 today, starting to get a bit anxious wondering when things are going to happen. A few twinges here and there over the weekend but nothing major. My OB appt is Thursday so ill be 40+5. Hopefully I won't have to make that appt but if I do I guess I'll just take his advice. I don't really want to be induced but also don't want to go much over 41 weeks so guess ill just wait and see what happens.

So I will officially be the last of our little group. Hope you are all still reading in between cuddles and feeding your precious little ones. I hope everyone is going well and look forward to hearing your updates.

Milano x

#227 Tranter

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Levi, Bree!  I hope you're enjoying those cuddles.

clrw, good luck with the induction today.  I'm hoping you didn't need it but either way you'll be holding your little one and not looking back.

April, thanks for the update.  The swaddling works a treat with Elizabeth too.  My DH can swaddle her like your midwives did, I'm a little more tentative so sometimes she escapes.  How good does it feel when you've mastered a newborn skill?! :excite:

Milano, it's your turn next!  I'm looking forward to hearing about your birth story..  I would not have had your patience had I passed my due date and would have been scoffing curries, taking long walks and all the other old wives tales to bring on the baby.  Hang in there!

Hi gc_melody, Slappy and Andi.  Hope things are going well for you.

AFM, Melbourne weather is glorious today so have been enjoying some of the sun.  My DH has gone back to work today and I managed to have breakfast and shower all before noon!  Miss E is such a delight, even at 4 am and I'm loving being a Mum.

Anyone else who is BF'ing having trouble with over supply?

Tranter

#228 bree18

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hi everyone. It's been a full on five days! We go home in the morning and I'm ready, a bit over hospital even though its nice having no cooking, cleaning and running a household.
I was induced on Thursday morning at 38 weeks via Breaking my waters as I was 4cm dilated already. Had an epidural early and it was amazing how much it relaxed be and made things easier. Early afternoon I was fully dilated and pushing but bubs wouldn't move past mid pelvis so we did a trial of vacumn in theatre which as unsuccessful and then moved on to a 'emergency' ceasarian. I had a minor PPH and had a longer then usual stay in recovery until the bleeding etc was under control.
Unfortunately I couldn't have Levi with me in recovery. Despite all this I felt really relaxed during the labour and birth process and afterwards.
Bubs is doing well. Feeding hasn't been easy but I think we are getting there. Pain isn't as bad as I expected but I keep thinking ill be able to go without pain killers but then I can't. Anyway, I need to be sleeping while he is so better go.

#229 clrw

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hi guys,

Really quick. I'll pop back tomorrow:

Name: Lucca Ashley Allyson Warren
DOB: 18/11/13
Weight: 3.75 kgs
Length:  50cms

Was very glad to push her out at 12 days overdue!

#230 Milano

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

Congratulations clrw - so happy for you. Welcome baby Lucca! Was a little girl a nice surprise? Hope you are both well. You did so well to endure 12 days over, I hope I don't have to wait that long. :) can't wait to hear more about how it all went.

Bree - cant believe its been 5 days already! Hope little Levi is being a good boy. So glad you were relaxed about the birth and the outcome after all. Enjoy taking your little boy home today.

Tranter - oh I hear you and I'm not being particularly patient. I've had the hot curries, walks etc but as you say, I think these are all wives tales and the bub will come when ready. So nice to hear that Elizabeth is doing well and you are enjoying it. Such a blessing.

Hi to everyone else.

I've been awake since 3.30am just uncomfortable and can't stop thinking about things. When is my little boy going to make an appearance!

Milano x

#231 clrw

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi all,

Milano - I know exactly how impatient you get when overdue!! Time off work etc is nice but it gets to a point when the house is clean, the jobs have been done, books read and movies watched and you just want your bub! I did all the old wives tales as well....

So I had 3 sweeps last week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. By Friday head had moved down to 1/5. Waters were bulging. Cervix 3 cms. However they had to at least book in the induction and there ended up not being any Monday slots so I was booked Sunday.

On Thursday I'd been sent for a scan to check the placenta was still functioning well. Also, my fundal height hadn't moved for about 3 weeks so they wanted to check bub wasn't small. Scan went well except the sonographer said bub was 4.5 kgs! I'd always measured on or under. I didn't look big... I did the stereotypical overdue preggo thing and had a meltdown cry. DP took me to talk to the headmidwife at the birth center who didn't believe it either...

So induction day the birth center had space and checked me over but the MW wasn't prepared to break my waters because bubs head had moved back to 3/5 and when she touched it it popped back up so it was no longer fixed. That meant risk of the waters rushing out bringing the cord with it which is a Grade 1 emergency. Long story short we waited around all day but the labour ward was super busy and they made us stay the night.

Breaking the waters the next day in the labour ward had to be done in theatre. I had the option to do it naturally but if the cord came down they would put me under a general for the C/S so I consented to an epi that would be turned off if everything went ok.

The waters broke perfectly and my epi was turned off and I was put on the drip. I was given the first few hours to rest then the midwife discussed while she didn't want me in the bath to deliver she was happy to get me mobile and I could use the labour and bath for pain relief.

Just as I got almost full sensation back the contractions came thick and fast. I begged to be let off the bed then said I felt the need to pop which I know means being pushy? I had an internal and was fully dilated!!

Just enough time to jump off the bed and get some movement happening. After an hour of standing over the bed and pushing little Lucca was born - just 4 hours of labour.

I'll admit going from 0 to 100 with the contractions was daunting. I also had moments when pushing when I thought " I got them to turn off the epi WHY?!".... But I got to birth my baby..I got to feel her descend. I got to push her out. I got my skin to skin straight away. I'm really proud of myself.

#232 Milano

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

Wow clrw what a birth story you have. It all happened so quickly in the end. Did you have any tearing? Thanks so much for sharing, I had no idea that the cord could be pushed out with waters being broken like that. You learn something new every day!

Hope little Lucca is doing well and congrats again!

#233 clrw

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hi Milano,

It was all news to me re: the cord as well.

Yes, I did tear. A second degree. A combo of bub popping back up to 3/5 and the fast move down. The MW said her three bone plates didn't have time to overlap... Came out with a big noggin!!

Bubs being a girl was a total surprise. I'm still in shock... She is totally divine. Breastfeeding is going well. She is a hungry hippo - 6 breastfeeds in the first 24 hours!

#234 Milano

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all enjoying your newborn cuddles. I feel left out!

I'm 40+5 today and had my OB check up this morning. I'm booked in for an induction on Tuesday if nothing happens before then. I hope something happens before then! Tuesday feels like a lifetime away!

Come on little one!

Milano

#235 ~A2~

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.