21 replies to this topic

#1 Allinaday

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Did your sex drive go up or down?  Thought I'd do a fun poll.  biggrin.gif
Increased
Decreased
Same
Get away from me

I wish there was a way to do an actual poll on here.

Edited by Therese, 08 July 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#2 intrigued

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Week 6 to 10 decreased completely due to all day nausea! then increased, am 22 weeks now and it's still quite high, assuming it'll decrease again with growing belly?

#3 2girlsraising2boys

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

Increased ten fold!

#4 Puzzles

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

It increased in the early stages but now I'm 33 weeks and it has decreased dramatically.

#5 PinkCherryBlossom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Decreased to lowest point ever sad.gif

#6 AllyK81

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

Decreased big time.

I know it's safe, but with my history of mc I don't like the idea of poking around down there. DH feels the same.

#7 Chantal990

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Massive decrease sad.gif

#8 Minimouse27

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Decrease here too .....

#9 Ritaroo

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Probably decreased. I thought that at some stage it would increase ( remembering a Friends episode where Rachel was feeling particularly amorous) but I haven't really felt like it. I don't see anything happening for the next 8 weeks either as I am getting huge, uncomfortable and tired. My poor dh.

Probably decreased. I thought that at some stage it would increase ( remembering a Friends episode where Rachel was feeling particularly amorous) but I haven't really felt like it. I don't see anything happening for the next 8 weeks either as I am getting huge, uncomfortable and tired. My poor dh.

#10 Princess Holly

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Mine decreased majorly in the first trimester, increased in the second and has now decreased again in the third trimester.

With DD it decreased till late in the third trimester.

#11 Zanbam

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'm in my second trimester (not August DIG, sorry!) and it decreased a lot in the first trimester and while it has increased a little it isn't back to what it was pre-pregnancy, I'm hoping it increases in the next couple of weeks...

#12 S. Overlord P Rex

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

34 weeks and the other half is now at the stage of telling me to leave him alone... Massive increase.

#13 Allinaday

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

For me:
First tri: decrease
2nd tri: increase
3rd: increase and very heightened

Thanks for the replies!

#14 Justaduck

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

With DD - was about the same

This one - have had dull nausea & the fatigue and really not interested for weeks now. DP has been sent away for work for a few nights so will see if absence makes the heart grow stronger ?

#15 kahm

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm a June mum (soz, don't belong here!) but thought it might be useful to hear from someone just on the other side...

Massive decrease for me.  As in Don't Touch Me type decrease for the WHOLE DAMN PREGNANCY.  Poor DP.  Poor ME!!

DD is now 10 days old and the only thing stopping me from jumping his bones are the episiotomy stitches and the fact that we haven't laid in any condoms yet...

#16 Allinaday

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (kahm @ 03/07/2013, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a June mum (soz, don't belong here!) but thought it might be useful to hear from someone just on the other side...

Massive decrease for me.  As in Don't Touch Me type decrease for the WHOLE DAMN PREGNANCY.  Poor DP.  Poor ME!!

DD is now 10 days old and the only thing stopping me from jumping his bones are the episiotomy stitches and the fact that we haven't laid in any condoms yet...

Ha, Ha ; )

#17 Puzzles

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (kahm @ 03/07/2013, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good on you for getting back in so quickly!

#18 Walkers

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Increased.
35 days to go and it's dropped off just a little but still going strong  biggrin.gif

#19 chrisandcris

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Definetly increased massively!! My partner cant seem to keep up! Im 33 weeks now thinking it may decrease soon!

#20 StopTheGoats

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Zip. Nada. No interest. I was ok last pregnancy but this one I'm entirely ambivalent. Which is strange as its usually quite high.

#21 RellBell

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Decreased

Or possibly even deceased.

In the first 18 weeks I was throwing up about 10 times a night, so it was pretty much a no-go.

After about 20 weeks, I got cramps after sex. So I would panic that my baby was going to be born and wouldn't be old enough to survive outside the womb.

At about 29/30 weeks, it increased a little because I knew I had a chance at a healthy baby if it was born after that stage.

By about 32 weeks, i'd developed such excruciating pain in my back and ribs and a swollen spleen. Has gotten worse every week since.

Pregnancy is fun  rolleyes.gif

#22 Genabee

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

Massive increase here. Both times. Even while struggling with HG. I drive DH nuts I think.

However, in both pregnancies I have had low lying placentas and advised no sex. First pregnancy saw me in hospital with a post coital abruption at 26 weeks. So there wasn't much action happening between 26 and 35 weeks first pregnancy (although the desire was definitely there). This pregnancy I have had some light bleeding also - not related to sex. So again, these middle weeks are a bit sad!

So I am pretty much very frustrated at this point! ;) Hoping my scan in 3 weeks time reveals the placenta has moved!!! :pray:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.