6 week vaccinations
Born in May group

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RachealJane

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hi ladies, how did your lil ones go getting their needles?

I currently have a very sleepy bub on me sad.gif

She had her needles this morning and has just wanted to sleep since with little feeds to calm her down as she wakes screaming like she is remembering the incident. So sad.

Did your bub get a temp and was it later that day? She doesn't seem to have one yet, but can't be sure as she is glued to me.
Should I just give her a dose before we go to bed tonight?

#2 butterflyme

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

My bub screamed blue murder at the time of the vaccs sad.gif .  He didn't get a temperature, but was flinchy if we touched his legs for the first few hours.   He was also off his feeds a little (he grazed throughout the day but would never finish a full bottle feed) & was lethargic that day only.

#3 RunDMC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

SUPERBABY, gave a short cry but settled quickly. My breasts reacted strongly and when I opened my bra to feed her while waiting out the 15 min monitoring I sprayed uncontrollably over her, the couch and the floor.....the poor new dad seated across the room did not know where to look biggrin.gif
She did get a temp so I gave her some panadol, she slept most of the day away, having the crying breaks you described Rachael-Jane so I did give her a pre-bed dose as well.

#4 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi
Mine screamed and screamed then slept all day through her feeds and everything, no temp just two slight bumps on each needle entry point..

#5 RachealJane

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks ladies.

She seems totally back to normal today so let's hope it stays that way. I've heard sometimes there's a 3 or 4 day lag on these things so will get a fever in a few days time.

Rundmc you sound like me with the spraying milk, I've got good enough range to shoot across the lounge room. and my bub is also a bit of a superbaby too having put on 1.1kgs in 6 weeks, she is now 4.9kgs. Love a chubby bubby original.gif

#6 Beancat

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

DD2 screamed for about 30 seconds and was a bit sleepy but other than that she was ok

#7 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

I have a question since it could be a side effect from the needles I will put it in here. Dd has been diagnosed with silent reflux and has been put on losec, she is on her third day today and has been really settled like a new baby, slept like a normal happy baby, she had her needles yesterday so is this a symptom of the needles or is the losec kicking in? Your thoughts?

#8 RachealJane

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

My friends bubs on losec only took a couple of days for it to kick in so could be either.

One thing you learn as a mum is that once you feel like bub is in a great routine the bub goes and changes all over again, almost every week original.gif

Always remember the mummy mantra of 'this too shall pass'

#9 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I will need to adopt that I think

#10 yoohooyou

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Son1stmum my DS is on Losec as well and the pead said it would take at least a week to kick in, maybe two, which is why I had to double over the Mylanta and the Losec for a week.

But I'm, with RachaelJane, who cares what it is as long as it works!

Edited by scutterbug, 05 July 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#11 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

I agree she is a lot happier I even checked her temp to make sure she is not sick she never sleeps like this,  hopefully it lasts for a little while at least

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.