I need some advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Autumn baby 2013

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi ladies

As you know dd has silent reflux and is on losec for it, she seemed to settle for a little while and was doing good stretches of sleep and was more settled. Now I think she has wind I have changed her from s26 original to karicare 1 with hope that it helps, but she is still not sleeping properly and I don't know what else to do. She passes wind all day. Help please, infants friend and all of those don't seem to work

#2 South Coast

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hey!  My DS has wind too - I feel like most of his awake time is spent with him straining.
I have found that holding him upright over my shoulder and gently twisting his bottom around helps a bit, certainly does release some of the air.  Also, I am spending a lot more time burping him -every 15 mls of formula and every 5 minutes if he has a BF.

original.gif

#3 Bluemakede

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

DD has a lot of wind as well (she also seems scared to poo half the time, I think perhaps one of her poos hurt and she thinks a lot that they'll hurt). I have no idea how to get rid of the wind, and it's starting to make feeding a nightmare as she'll squirm when she needs to poo or fart during a feed. We do all the things suggested (cycle legs, heat pack on her belly, all the different holds to help get the air out, clock wise massage on the belly etc. The only one we haven't yet tried is warm water, which the MCHN suggested as well but she screams the most from wind post feed and I have a bit of over supply and don't want to add extra fluid, by the time I remember to give it to her it's time for the next meal).

For sleeping the only thing that works for us atm is calming her down enough and getting her to sleep on me on the recliner  sad.gif which in turns = crap sleep for me, I try to not co-sleep in bed and whilst her father is in the bed I won't put her in bed with me as he doesn't wake to her crying and forgets she's there.

It's horrible hearing them cry from the pain.

#4 Bluemakede

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Edited by Bluemakede, 15 July 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#5 Bluemakede

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Edited by Bluemakede, 15 July 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#6 Bluemakede

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

yikes ..

Edited by Bluemakede, 15 July 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#7 Ellie bean

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hi it might be related to the silent reflux, and possibly food intolerances to what's in the formula ( I'm only guessing / speaking from my dds experience). Kari care allerpro might be worth a try. We found Dr browns bottles drastically reduced wind (bit pricey though, we just bought one at first before committing to a full set). Your bub may also need a losec dose increase as she gains weight, most do. The RISA reflux charity website has great tips too  original.gif good luck I do know just how hard it is I feel for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.