NAN HA Gold ?
need help with formula please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HopefulAngel

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hello Ladies,

Hi to you all, hope you are all well?  Quick post, I have been reading just never seem to find time other than late at night to post/ reply.

Ladies with bubs on formula,

*What formula are you using and Why?

* Are any of you using Nan HA Gold ?  

* If so, how are your little ones going on it?

The reason I ask is that bubs is going great guns on this formula, (it's what the hospital gave me so we have continued with it) but bye crickies can she clear a room with her wind !!!!!!!!!!!!  She is using her bowels every second or third day and sorry excuse the description they are dark olive green, sometimes with the grainy affect to them and Mr. Whippy ice cream/ toothpaste consistency to runny liquid that fills the nappy (but not diahorrea).

We feed and sleep beautifully through out the day.  We are content and happy drinking slowly during the day and go down with out a fuss.  BUT, come five pm we become aggitated and want a bottle every two / two half hourly!!!! We play with the bottle and get rather frustrated. She is usually having her last bottle of up to 180ml at 11.30pm/ midnight before she will finally settle and go to sleep.

Now I've noticed a few of you have had the same or similar complaints as such with the Nan HA Gold and have swapped formulas.  What have you swapped to and are you happy with the results?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are 10 weeks old now and weigh 5.9kg.  I rang and spoke to a nurse on the Parent helpline tonight and she said it sounds like bubs has a bit of colic re unsettled cluster feeding at night.  She said her poos sounded normal and that the colour was due to the iron in the formula.  She wasn't overly concerned about the 2-3 days without a poo or the stinky wind and suggested boiled water between some of her bottles at night when she was restless as she was obviously looking to suckle for comfort.  The nurse didn't suggest changing formula so a bit baffled as to what to do?  

Will changing formula help her?  Anyone else out there with the same problem/ concerns?

Thanks in advance for any replies  hheart.gif unsure.gif

Edited by HopefulAngel, 19 July 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#2 yoohooyou

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

My DS had exactly the same wind and the nappies you are describing. I changed him to Karicare Aptamil and the wind is gone and the nappies are heaps and heaps better (I can't stress how much better they are!).

We also started on Nan Gold a the hospital but it just didn't seem to suit DS very well, he was really agitated at night after a feed and his nappies were incredibly frequent and completely runny. Since we swapped, he has been fine.

The two-three days in between sounds normal. When I was breastfeeding the MHN told me that BF babies can go a week without pooing.

#3 HopefulAngel

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Thanks heaps for the reply Scutterbug.  I've just found the forum on feeding and OMG the bad reports about Nan HA and Nan HA Gold especially since Nestle changed the formula a few years ago.  All describing what bubs is going through.  Why, why do hospitals use it and recommend it to new mums that have no idea or experience in formula and who would trust a nurse/ hospitals recommendation.  So confused.

Bubs also has had a bad rash and has lost her beautiful soft skin on her face apparently this to is a side affect to the so called "new and improved" formula.

Seriously thinking of changing now no arguments there!

How did you introduce the new formula?  Do you half and half? or straight to the new formula?

Thanks again I really appreciate your response and I am glad to here your bubby is sooooo much better.  hhugs.gif

#4 yoohooyou

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hopeful I just changed him straight over on the advice of the pead. Had no problems doing that at all. He also told me that Nan used to be the one that had the least reaction which is why the hospitals used it abut after they changed an ingredient and there are lots of reports of wind and terrible nappies in new babies.

Good luck, I remember the smell vividly. DS wind was so bad he could literally clear the room!

Edited by scutterbug, 19 July 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#5 HopefulAngel

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks Scutterbug.  I went with my gut feeling and changed her formula to Bellamys last night.  huge change already so Happy I did it  hhugs.gif

#6 Sassenach2

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

The hormonal rash which your baby has, doesn't relate to what you are feeding her, because breastfed babies get the same rash and it goes away on its own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.