When do you finish work?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 April2608

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hi
I'm due 11th Nov,
6 weeks before works out to be 1st October. So that's my first day of leave.

The Monday is a PH here so i,m actually finishing work on Friday 27th Sept.

The count don is on.

April

#2 littleboepeep

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

I am finishing one job that requires a lot of travel end of next week. but am keeping my two day at my other job as it is only ten min's drive and shorter hours I plan to stay at this one until two weeks before I am due.

#3 littleboepeep

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

I am finishing one job that requires a lot of travel end of next week. but am keeping my two day at my other job as it is only ten min's drive and shorter hours I plan to stay at this one until two weeks before I am due.

#4 Windingvines

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Not due is Nov but I'm still going. Not sure for how much longer though. Job is very physically demanding and long 8hr shifts are killing me.

#5 JomoMum

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Last day will be fri 27 Sep, I'll be 34 weeks that weekend. Work need a med cert for me to go beyond that, and honestly, I want some time to chill before I become a parent  original.gif

Edited by GoodWitch, 21 July 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#6 Lilymag

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm hoping to make it to 30 weeks, which will be 6th Sept. That's what I've advised work of at this stage anyway. It's hard for me to imagine how big I will be with twins, and I'm already exhausted so just hoping to make it through 7 more weeks original.gif

#7 corenmh-ma24

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Have 9 weeks of work left. Will be 33 1/2 weeks when I finish.  

Being a high school teacher, I finish up at the end of term 3 here in QLd. My maternity leave doesn't actually start till the beginning of term 4 as school holidays aren't included in maternity leave which is just as well as I will probably be marking and profiling over the holidays.

Am definitely counting down!

Am finding different aspects of work very stressful and my emotional state isn't too good at the moment for a number of reasons. Will actually be surprised if I don't go on stress leave before the end of term. Just taking one day at a time.

#8 erinmac

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Lilymag - my last day is the 6th of Sep too original.gif

I will be 32 weeks, but my mat leave replacement will be starting on the 12th of August, so if I feel like I want to go earlier I can too.

We definately need plenty of rest with these twinie bellies biggrin.gif

#9 teenyh77

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I was thinking of finishing work on the 18th October, giving me 3 weeks before bubs comes.  I have an 8 year old already and have the the room worked out etc so I am thinking the longer I work, the less maternity leave I waste as this baby has come as a huge surprise for us, told I could never have another child 2 years ago so gave up and so we are not financially ready.  Thank god I work for the government so get 18 weeks paid leave and I have 2 weeks annual leave.  I too need a certificate to work any time after 6 weeks before bubs is due but fingers crossed all will go well and I will be able to work until then.  I have even been offered to work full time for 3 months so I can paid more on my maternity leave so dont want to turn that down but am I crazy for just having 3 weeks to prepare for bubs due for elective c section on the 8 November?

#10 SarzMH

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm due 1st November & finishing up when I'm 36 weeks .... CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT!!!!!!!!

Time to prepare final touches etc & put my feet up original.gif

#11 clrw

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think I'll finish up on 12th October giving me hopefully 3-4 weeks off. I want a break without using up too much time that could be spent with bub.

Can't wait to finish up either... Stop worrying about everyone else's issues (I work in HR) and start focusing on me and my family....

#12 MelbMom

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I am thinking of starting mat leave from 32 weeks given I've been sick throughout this pregnancy and Dr wants me to take it easy before birth.

#13 So.so

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Looks like my last day will be 20 sept which is 7 weeks before I'm due. I could get a dr cert to work beyond but if I do I end up dropping pay for all of my maternity leave. I'm looking forward to taking it easy tbh.

#14 Eaboni

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Im due Nov 7th planning on finishing up on Oct 21st so 2 weeks and a few days before he's due

#15 AllyK81

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

I will be working right up until my due date both in the office and from home. I am only taking 6 months maternity leave as I am the primary earner (DH is then taking the reins!) so I want maximum time with bub. Plus I am a bit of an energiser bunny and I think I'd go mad waiting around at home for bubs to be born.

#16 Joan10

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'll be finishing up at work in 3 weeks!!!! :)

I was asked to also take some annual leave as I have way too much accumulated hehe, so I'll be taking 3 weeks of annual leave prior to starting maternity leave. I didn't mind, as I really did have so much accumulated. I'm looking forward to having time off early as my back hurts so much after a day at work. My posture at my desk is bad, and even though I'm trying to be more conscious of it, it still hurts a lot after work.

#17 JomoMum

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi ladies

Just checking in to see how everyone is hanging in there?

I'm off sick today with a nasty cold. I've barely slept for the last 10 days and am seriously concerned I won't be able to make it to 34 weeks, just from pure exhaustion.

It's the second time in 4 weeks I've been sick, clearly my body isn't coping very well .. Well it's busy doing other things which is fine :) but I'm just so tired all the time and I'm only 28 weeks!!

#18 kentieness

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Definitely getting harder for me too, GoodWitch.

I was originally planning on finishing on 1st November (37 weeks) but moved my last day forward to 25th October (still 9 weeks away :cry:)

I'm nearly 27 weeks and by the afternoon my back is killing me from sitting at a desk all day!

Luckily I have a holiday at the start of September - can't wait to have a break!

Edited by kentieness, 22 August 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#19 MelbMom

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'm finding it more of a struggle lately, extreme difficulty breathing, I get easily puffed out going to and from work on my daily journey.  Work is also going to get even busier more stressful so mentally I don't know if I can cope with the extra workload.

I am seriously thinking of finishing up this week or next week. I will only be 31 weeks but have given my boss a heads up that my Dr may want me to stop work earlier. He is cool with that (or so he says).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.