Regards

Ali

#2 SemiRuralGirl

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

No way.... I get gold?! original.gif

#3 Kitty S

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

And Silver for me YAY!!

How is everyone? I can't believe I have reached 24 weeks. Does anyone else feel like it is going really fast?

#4 kentieness

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Anyone else getting pelvic/back pain? It's making it difficult to sleep so I'm exhausted at the moment sad.gif 6 weeks till I go on holiday, so I'm really hoping it's normal and isn't going to end up as something that stops me from flying!

Can't believe there's now an April DIG!

#5 FeralSis

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have had a bit of lower back and pelvic pain.

I am pushing myself to go for a decent walk each day as I find it is definitely less on the days that I walk.

#6 Lilymag

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Definitely pelvic pain here - not so much back pain unless I have been sitting for too long (traffic driving home, etc). It's the pain in my hips and pelvis that wakes me up during the night but I've just ordered a Bellybean maternity pillow which I hope will help a bit.

#7 MarsBarSlice

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

I just noticed there is an April group as well.  Wow the time is flying by.

My very lower left on my back is quite sore but has been for all of my pregnancies. At least the pain isn't shooting down my legs..................yet. With DS2 it used to cripple me and I couldn't walk sometimes I couldn't move. I'm starting to get a sore pelvic bone, like it's bruised.

Other than being really tired and the above all good here.  I still feel a bit off at times which is quiet weird.

My boys are keeping me busy and giving me plenty of exercise but not sure if it is the right type of exercise, oh well better than nothing.

I've only got about 14 weeks to go, that's just insane but exciting.  I'm busting to find out if we are having a boy or girl.

Take care ladies  biggrin.gif

#8 clrw

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yep pelvic pain here too. Since about 20 weeks. Instead of going straight to a physio belt I'm wearing spanks. They make a huge difference. I'm also trying to have an exercise day, then a rest day. I think it's here to stay so just trying to manage it!

Yep 14 weeks to go! I keep forgetting to book my hospital bed... Better get to it!

I've got my hypnobirthing refresher Saturday week which is pretty exciting! I've been listening to the tracks before bed for general relaxation for a while now.. Stops me grinding my teeth overnight and worrying about work.

#9 kentieness

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Well my pelvic/back pain has eased off a lot since I've started sleeping with a pillow between my legs! I still feel a bit sore sitting at my desk all day at work, though. Still another 14 weeks left at work :glare:

Is everyone feeling lots of movement? Baby is being a fidget today! Feels like he's rolling and bouncing around a lot today.

#10 teenyh77

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Hi
I am only new to this forum but getting very excited, baby no.2 on its way in 13 weeks. I am finally feeling movement, hadnt felt it until last week but now it definitely has a pattern and everytime I feel him move (yes its a boy!) I get so excited, my other DS who is 8 is getting a bit anxious about the whole thing, he isnt sure what to make of it all as he has been the only child for so long, anyone else have an older child.  This wasnt a planned pregnancy, in fact, got told 3 years ago that I could get pregnant again as I wasnt getting my monthlys but here I am 3 years later and 26 weeks along!

#11 So.so

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Welcome teenyh77. Congrats on the new addition.
Although I don't often post it's always nice to check back in and see how everyone is going.

Def get a few times each day that bub won't sit still - usually when I'm about to go to sleep.

I've noticed over the last few days that my belly button is getting a little bit more shallow each day. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by So.so, 05 August 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#12 April2608

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

hi

I have found bub moves more after i have eatenm guessing he get energy from my food.

Soso, my DH had a giggle a couple of weeks ago about the change in my belly button, I reckon couple of weeks and I'll have an outy :smile:

Only 8 weeks left of work, not that I'm counting. :smile:

April

#13 Roadie

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

I feel alot of movement in the evening until I put one of the kids hand on my stomach and then it stops. It is already antagonising its siblings from the womb!

#14 clrw

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Those who have had pelvic issues... If you have been strapped up by a physio where did it go from there?

Mine got bad this week and I've been strapped which has eased but not eliminated the pain. My pain is all on the back of the pelvis amd mainly the pelvic sockets.

I'll be back to see her Friday but just curious.

I'm already doing physio Pilates and aqua aerobics. I was going to the gym a few days to walk on the treadmill but Ive stopped until I feel better.

#15 MarsBarSlice

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

In my last pregnancy I was seeing a chiro, having massages and going to an accupunturist. It seemed to help, was too scared not to go, so am not exactly sure which one was helping the most.

It has started again this time round but haven't gone to anyone as yet.

#16 clrw

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thanks Mars Bar.

You sound like me. I've been seeing my chiro who does needling, have had a remedial mssage and wearking the spanks, now physio.

I have actually felt 100% better in the last two days. Hope it stays like that. I've especially felt better at night.

Edited by clrw, 09 August 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#17 Aj-n-Al

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hi all,  can I join please ?  :)

Could do with some people that are due around my time - I'm due the 25th Nov.  Not sure if I'm just getting tired and delicate or what but seem to be swinging between upset and cranky lately.

Lots of bubs moving which I love.

cheers

#18 April2608

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

hi Aj n al,
welcome, iut tooknyou a while to find, us but glad you did.

April

#19 April2608

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

hi
I have heard babies get the hiccups, i have felt vibration here and there, is that the babies hiccups, or does it feel diffrent, if so what do you think the vibrations are?

thanks

April

#20 bree18

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hi April
When my babies have had hiccups its felt like little regular  jumps, like our hiccups would be. I had the vibrations last pregnancy and a few this time and I used to worry about it but everything was fine. I think it was probably just the baby's immature nervous system making movements. Ask your OB if you're worried but most if my friends have had the sane vibration feelings and everything has been ok.

#21 jacki

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

I like to think the vibrations are little fingers, rather than the big kick of a foot or arm punching out!

Bree18 your theory sounds more sound though lol!

#22 Lilymag

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I get the vibrations, I kind of picture one of the babies shaking her foot or something like that. I have no idea if that's what it is, but I get them quite regularly and have had no problems or concerns at our ultrasounds or check ups.

#23 Lime-Polka-Dot

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I just'failed' my GTT test. I threw up the glucose drink within about 10 mins.. have to go back for take 2, what if it happens again next time too. :(

#24 April2608

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

hi
i had a friend who had that happen, on both attemps, they decided to treat her as not dibetic.
  All was well with the pg and bub once born.

April

#25 Lilymag

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

If you can get your hands on a glucometer maybe you can do your own testing the way a diabetic would, without having to do the GTT. It really is horrible, isn't it?

For a while, before they tested me, I was doing the finger prick tests after fasting, an hour after eating, 2 hours after eating, etc. and knew my levels were good. This was confirmed with both GTTs (I have insulin resistance so they wanted to test me early and then again as normal).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.