PAM Grads #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#101 Caramel Latte

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Mumabug: xox... I really hope you can all work thru things and things lead to a more positive time for you.

Second this, from MBS;

View PostMarsBarSlice, on 29 August 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

I truely hope things work out for you, whichever way they go and that you can find the happiness that you deserve. You are such a lovely, generous person and you have my full support and comfort for whatever the future brings. xx

#102 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well, for what it is worth, I think you have done the right thing mamabug as hard as that may be... Are you able to remove Mr Perfect from your life completely? As much as that may hurt, it will be much easier to focus on building your existing relationship if you get rid of the temptation.

I need another baby. I feel so lost with just Elise at home during the day and chances are she will be in Nursery this time next year. Owen is enjoying school and is coping well enough with the full days. He was pretty shattered by last night but was fine going to school this morning though.

I am taking Elise to an aquarium this morning. The weather has turned perfect and it will be a nice day out.

#103 key4

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

FJ - Heres to another baby get someone to buy you a basil plant! I heard this old wives tale from someone I trotted off to bunnings bought a friend who was on cycle 6 of IVF one and she now has three children :) Probably just coincidence but worth a shot.

Mama - WOW what a huge decision. I think you have also made the right decision and the silver lining of the whole situation is that it may allow you and himself to work together to improve the marriage. 17 years and 4 children is very hard to walk away from. The biggest of hugs and I hope everything works out. And remember noone is perfect and time allows you to see the imperfections more clearly.

CL - Congrats on finding a supportive FS. I hope she is what you need for success. Have you tried Metformin yet? It does help loose some weight and pretty useful in fertility especially if there is any PCOS. I have just written a 5000 word essay to this effect!

I am a sad sack I have almost finished this assignment YAY. But I am bursting with excitement as I had a positive OPK this morning I don't know why but I have a feeling things are going to be positive for the last little person in the family on the cards soon. I might be bitterly disappointed but why burst the bubble yet!

I had some quotes on moving my back wall of the house closer to the fence and it was 100k cheaper than the major builders so I am stoked. I have seen some of this guys work and all good so bank loan has been approved and the kids will have a new activity room soon and there will be a spare bed/study and 5 beds in this house - all for less than the cost of government stamp duty to purchase a new house.  

right must clean back later.

#104 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Oh Mama, obviously i dont know for sure if you speak of Dan Carter, but unless you do trust me when i tell you Mr Perfect isn't. none of us are and the boring and tedious reality of life with small children (yes there are fun things too) gets to everyone - even Mr Perfect. unless it is Dan Carter, in which case i would leave himse,f right now without a word and hotfoot it o NZ ;)

everyone else, thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. i am reading aling but feel like all i am contributing is poor me crap,which even i am sick of seeing!i am changing drugs so i may go totally psychotic for a bit in the next week or so then hopefullycalm down a bit. stoo
id drugs!!

#105 MarsBarSlice

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

DinoJen - Great to hear from you. Please post whatever you need to, we are here to listen and support you and hopefully cheer you up

CL - I'm so glad you have found a FS that listens to you and is doing what's right for your situation

Key4 - Who would have thought moving the wall of a house would work out for the best, great persistence on your behalf

FJ - I really am hoping that your life goes in the direction you want it to very soon

AFM: Calling all my Martha Stewart friends please, help!!!!!

I very stupidly (like the knitting that I haven't done) have volunteered to do some creative stuff and have no idea how to do it. I need to decorate a onsie (all in one bonds suit) with a picture. Other people are actually sewing theirs, you know designing the picture and then sewing it on OMG. Is there a cheats way I can do this? Do I go to Spotlight or some other store (store suggestions welcome) to get the goods?

TIA

#106 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

There are heaps of options MBS, here's a few ideas:
*buy an applique at Lincraft/Spotlight & ironing it on (hand stitch around the edge for a more crafty look)
*make your own applique by cutting out a shape in fabric & stitching it on. Keep it fairly simple though.
*get some fabric markers & draw a design or slogan http://thestationery...m.au/prod34.htm

I'm pretty crap at all that stuff but it's not all that hard as long as you keep it simple.

Or maybe you could gave a go at tie dying?

#107 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

stuff that, buy sequins and sew them All Over batman-joker style! sequins are easy (like buttons) and look fabulous all the time:D

#108 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Baby goes blingy! Lol!

#109 aphraell

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Love the bling idea!

If  #2 is a girl I am definitely making some of these
http://www.u-createc...e-tutorial.html
If you use a jersey type material you dont have to do all the hemming on the ruffles :)

Another easy one is to buy a fabric flower(s) and sew onto the jumpsuit something like this
http://www.tutusteap...nesie-from.html

Or if you have some fabric scarps with funky patterns or shapes etc make your own fusible appliqués (and then handstitching for that "hand made " look)

#110 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Those two are cute aphraell.

If sewing isn't your thing, MBS, maybe you can try fabric paint and some ideas from this site:

http://spoonful.com/...ch?query=tshirt

Some of them are pretty nifty!

#111 MarsBarSlice

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.  I'm going to Lincraft tomorrow to check out my options and tools of the trade.

DinoJen - love the idea of a sequin Batman outfit knowing full well that it would only be my boys and your boys that would wear it. Maybe that's a business we could start, no gender stereo type clothing but still putting that masculine and feminine touch in it. For example, what you said a bling batman outfit for boys and for girls a bling picture of construction machinery.

Thanks again, I'll show you what I end up with.

#112 Mynewname

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Wow, I've just had a good read and everyone seems to be having a rough time of it. Hope things improve. My parents went back last week so its been a bit rough here. I was pretty spoilt whilst they were here. Them leaving was extra difficult as I don't know when I will see them again. We cant really afford to go back any time soon and they can't really afford to come back for a while so not sure how long it will be. Why did we move so far away!!

So this brings me to Dino Jen....If you want to take me along to watch the boys when you go back for the rugby count me in!! It will only cost you mine and the girls flights!!!

MBS - How are you going? How long to bubs is due? Hope the fundraiser went well for your friend. I can't imagine how hard that must be. Hope the cape is a success.

I can't really remember what everyone else said and not sure how to check on new EB.

Take care everyone and sending a big hug to all who need them.

#113 Caramel Latte

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

JDU: xox, must be so hard living so far away. Hope something changes soon, so it wont be to long, before you see each other again.

MBS: Cant wait to see the finished product!

Dino: I am here to listen if you need xox

Mumabug; Hope you are having a better week xox

Key4: I hope things work out this month for you. Currently, I am on Metformin, as my insulin levels were 6.7 times the limit.

Fillyjonk: I so hope that there some positive news coming your way asap xox

TNMN: How are you?

Aphraell: Did you have to go for another test? If so, how did it go? Hope all is well.

To all I missed; How are you all?

AFM: I had a Hycosy test today (not fun at all); "If" I do O this cycle, its going to be from the left side (no guarantee I will O, but there is a 17mm follicle there).....my left tube is blocked. There was more from todays test, but that was the one explained to me, as I couldn't miss it on the screen. Will get the final picture (all the results from today and DHs test) on Wednesday.

I so wish I had started the GF/LF diet sooner (still a bit to go, before on it 100%, while trying to find better options etc), its amazing how much better I am starting to feel and am sure have lost some weight. Cant wait til I am 100% on it!

#114 key4

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Carmel - That is kind of good news as you now qualify for many more fertility drugs on the PBS now the hysto done.

Jo - It is so hard being away from family. We are migrants
(my family I married an aussie) from Ireland I am lucky that my parents live here but it is still hard at times, we miss out on so much but my children gain so much for being here. When my first child was born we lived on the other side of the country and I remember wishing my mum was close for every milestone and the day myself and my husband had gastro and a 6 month old with no parents or friends to help the feeling was terrible.

Mars bar- I have no ability for craft always looks so good in head then like rubbish when I try to make it.

Dino - Love the idea of sequins :)

What an interesting day I viewed one patient stark naked (please let me be sane when I am old) and another had a heart attack and dropped at my feet you have no idea how long it takes to get a response team when you are trying to remember how many compressions to breath. That 5 mins felt like an eternity.

#115 MarsBarSlice

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Just letting you know I've left my signature on this post and have an update on my pregnancy at the bottom. I completely understand if it's hard for you to read. I don't want to upset anyone. Posted Image

CL - you really are moving forward with this FS, I'm so happy to read your updates

JDU - we don't have family near us to call on even though we are in the same country and at times it's hard cause we (meaning me) could really use a break.

Fundraiser went well however the husband has really gone downhill this week. He can barely walk and is in absolute pain. And yes this next sentence is true, had to sleep in the waiting room of the hospital cause they didn't have a bed to put him in. OMG

Key4 - Wow what a full on job you have

Mamabug - thinking of you and hope you are ok

TNMN - thinking of you as well and am assuming all sickness has goned to from your house

Aphreall - How are you going?

Hello to everyone else that has been quiet lately, what have you all been  up to?

AFM:  Today and yesterday I'm having really bad days. I just don't feel right. Not worth going to a dr about. I think I'm run down, lack of sleep, doing too much, feeling guilty when I don't get stuff done and just trying to keep up with everything. I'm not complaining, sorry if it seems that way, just letting you know I've hit the downward slide to the birth. I'm getting sick of people commenting on how "small" I am. In fact I'm measuring a week ahead. I look small cause I haven't put on weight cause I vomited for so long. So my standard response "that's what happens when you vomit for 5 months". I need a better comeback.

So only about 9 weeks to go. We have a list of boys and girls names ready so hopefully this baby will be named at the time of birth unlike our boys.

I'm getting really excited to meet our little baby, I'm busting to know if it's a girl or boy.

Hope you all have a great day. :smile:

#116 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Any name sharing MBS? And that's absolutely jaw dropping leaving someone that ill without at least a quiet comfortable place to wait :(

JDU I can only imagine how sad it must be seeing your parents go home. Hopefully the time till the next visit will pass quickly.

CL I'm so glad you're feeling better having gone GF/LF, that's great :)

Sickness is still hanging around here. I'm a lot better than I was a couple of days ago but am still tired, coughing & can smell the infection. Gross. Carys has a streaming nose & cough & Caelan has a cough, runny nose & intermittent fevers. Poor little guy was really knocked around but seems to be on the mend somewhat today. He'll possibly go back to school tomorrow.

#117 Caramel Latte

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Filly: I really like your new sig!lovely pic of your gorgeous children..

TNMN: how are you and your two children going? Hoping all feel 100%!

MBS: hoping your days have improved.

Dino and Mumabug: thinking of you both.

Shadowess, Aphraell, key4, JDU and all I missed; hope things are all ok for you all..

AFM;

DH brought a car (with savings) and was told it was all roadworthy etc, month in find out, it isn't and now can't get the pink slip required. So upset, as just didn't need that stress ATM. The car was vital and if no miracle by Thursday this week, not sure what he's going to do. I've no faith left, while I know the car industry has a few bad apples and good ones.... I always somehow, get the bad ones.

Trying to stay positive about falling pg with a blocked tube, is getting difficult when there is more ppl believing there's no chance (if I O from blocked side), then those that believe its possible. Trying to explain why I'm holding onto a minute hope, just doesn't help. FS said while its a small chance, it is possible. I've read on EB, that its happens.

To scared to post a topic to ask, as ultra sensitive. Am feeling rather alone on this, with no one to talk too, about it. Even counsellor was no help.

Then been knocked back for rentals, because (word by word of RE agent) "landlords are looking for a specific type of tenant" hurts. I pay rent on time, place is neat on a daily basis, full cleaned weekly and no damage. I've not complained about the on/off working gas system or pushed for the oven to replaced (have called once but that's it).

Just a week of kicks, can't wait for next week. Something good bound to happen right?

#118 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

CL - it is illegal to sell a car without a roadworthy cert in vic, if the same is true in nsw take it back, take it to court and make a big fuss. yes LLs tend to dislike kids, **** em and keep applying - something will work out soon :( good luck with the pregnancy, i have no clue - although as someone who relied on a blocked tube for contraception i better revise that!! xxx

#119 ~A2~

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.