PAM Grads #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#26 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thank goodness, what a relief to hear such good news!

#27 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Righto, so physie is basically the same as calisthenics. We did that as youngsters :)

#28 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'm ba-ack Posted Image  Posted Image  :ninja:

didyamissme? :xmas_cool:

anyway, sleep school was good and bad, last night was terrible!! but we have gone the whole week without overnight milk (in fact he has only had one feed a day) meanwhike some of the couples were there for DHS assessment and that was sad, most of the mums were facing the same sleep issues, one poor woman has 5 month old twins and looked like she hasnt slept in 5 months.

enough of that, goosey filly that is good news, yay ruby, apraell and mama, boo cl, yay mbs, cant remember if tnmn had any news?!

just for good measure :evillaugh:

#29 Caramel Latte

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Welcome Back Dino: What is DHS assessment? Yay to it being good though, sorry last night was terrible. Hopefully, it is one night only and all good from now on.

That is great news Filly, hope that she is home asap.

Hi to all I missed.

House full of sick ppl, grumpy ppl and that would inc me (have had migraine for 5 days so not a happy chappy atm) and now have what ever the elder two have :(.

Edited by Caramel Latte, 02 August 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#30 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

My hair is now not red enough but redder than it was.

DHS is like DOCS, what you get for being the kind of parent EB would think was made up. One couple lost their kids while we were there - horrible all around But, the eldest was 9kg, size 1, just walking and not talking at all. The baby was just 3kg. The eldest was 3 1/2. The youngest 4 1/2 months. I think I was even sadder when I learned the age of that poor child :( the parents were trying hard but were neither in a position to fight their addictions which owned them. Horrid stuff.

Ted is 2 in a week! Eek!!!

#31 Caramel Latte

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

:-(. I though it was that but have never heard of it as DHS. How sad :-(.

Can remember when back in TTCAM, can't believe the babies are 2 (or nearly) already.

Hi all..

AFM: so after a week of spotting and cramps, AF came. So did the clomid migraines. Body liked to finish of the lovely fortnight with bronchitis. Hoping if I do O (hoping), is not while I'm feeling so damn crappy.

House of sick here - DD#1 getting over cold, DD#2 has cold with a cough, DD#3 has headaches with bleeding nose, Oreo (already on ABs for two weeks (day break)) has a slight throat infection, DD#1's BF asthma issues and DH has severe case of being a horrid pain in the rear.

Had a moment of bad parenting yesterday and that's not helping my mood (no one got hurt/hit/yelled at etc). Just shouldn't of gone shopping (really had no choice, nothing in house and DH against home shopping) between being sick and DH just = a bad day.

#32 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

dude if you do the shopping you choose the method!

#33 Caramel Latte

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostDinosaurus, on 04 August 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

dude if you do the shopping you choose the method!

After the past three weeks, I have told him I am giving it a try. He likes to look at what he is buying and choose the "one" he thinks is best. He wont, for example use a tin if its got a dint in it etc.

Willing to try anything to avoid a) days like yesterday that he was an a#%$ and b) Oreo getting sick.  

Edited as decided (tho probably to late as you all probably had read it and decided I needed a lovely jacket where the arms tie up, at the back :) ) that I sounded a tad list crazy so deleted the rest of the post. Sorry.

Edited by Caramel Latte, 04 August 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#34 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

Will he be swayed by you telling him that home shopping tends to be cheaper because you avoid the impulse buys? Or so I have heard. My husband is also against it because he actually likes supermarket shopping... which would be all well and good except that he likes it to be a family activity!

So the baby is out of ICU and her mum has been able to cuddle her!

How is life post sleep school dinoJ? Very sad to hear about the DHS families. How do things get to that?

I have started some godawful 30 day squat challenge. I thought that I was all good after the first day's round until I nearly fell down the stairs with stabby jelly legs. I am not quite sure what the point of it is for me because I don't think you can actually tone up blubber, but I have decided it is something to keep me focussed on for a month other than not trying to conceive.

#35 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

morning, great news filly - what a scare for them :(

post sleep school has been good. he tried it on a bit friday and saturday, day sleeps are still hard and i think nearly gone. but he slept until 3.30am on friday, 5.30am on saturday and 5am today. unfortunately he's not having a bar of resettling after 5am so im still tired, but MUCH better than it was.

DHS is overworked and there arent enough emerg2ncy carers or foster carers so sometimes kids fall through the cracks for the simple reason they ar3nt in imminent danger. it is not an area of law i plan to work in ever, ever again.

#36 Caramel Latte

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Dino: Glad that its been good, hope you are getting more sleep or rest in tho.

Filly: Great news about your friend and being able to give bub cuddles! Good luck with the 30 day challenge.

Shadowess: I am so jealous of your cake deco skills! I can do some cakes to a point, but the cupcake you did - that was so good!!!

Mumabug: How is Ladybug going? Hope all is well.

TNMN, MBS, Aphraell, and anyone I missed (sorry), hope all is well.

#37 MarsBarSlice

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

DinoJen - Glad sleep school had a positive change

FJ - Fantastic news, being able to hold your own child is so precious and healing for all involved

Shadowess - Great job on the cupcakes

Mamabug - Is Ladybug improving?

CL - How's Oreo coping with everything this week?

A big hello to everyone else.  I hope your week is treating you well.

AFM:  Not much to say really or there is and I can't think at the moment.

I went and saw the movie The Heat last night. It was funny but not as good as I thought it would be.

#38 Caramel Latte

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostMarsBarSlice, on 06 August 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

CL - How's Oreo coping with everything this week?

Was trying to avoid all drs this week (as next week, we have several apts for Oreo and one for DD#3). But we are up to 2.5 weeks of Oreo not being 100% and she is getting worse. Considering she is on ABs, this shouldn't be happening. My non sleeper, has slept today (not complaining) but temps are up, coughing is getting worse, so am worried. Even her skin has flared back up, so upset her skin will have so many scars on it, so young :-(

MBS: Who is in "the heat", never heard it, tho haven't really been up to date with movies lately.

Pretty quiet in here, hoping everyone is well. xox

<Edited: to removed signature, think once per page is enough>

Edited by Caramel Latte, 06 August 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#39 MarsBarSlice

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Sandra Bullock
Melissa McCarthy
the cop out of friends that Phoebe moved in with but then he shot the bird
There was some other familiar faces too but can't remember now, doh

#40 aphraell

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi All

FJ - great news on your friends bub! Hope they continue to improve.
I saw the thread about the 30 day challenge and briefly considered it but wasn't crazy enough :) Good luck!

Dino - glad to hear there have been some improvements since sleep school. We went through a patch of particularly difficult day sleeps (never been a good sleeper day or night but this was horrid;) with DD around 22 months but now at 26 months her day sleeps are longer and easier than ever - so dont give up hope yet that the days sleeps are gone.

CL -  Posted Image  poor Oreo. Hope the sleep yesterday helped

AFM - kicking along with the renos. Finaly got all the pear work sorted from council last week so a mad scarmble to get all the tradies and equipment organised to get the work done this week ( as permits only last a week - grrr). My other grumble with council as it turs out after weeks of organising the application for one of the permits we didn't need it :angry:

I am also learning lots of new skills- have restored a  nearly 100 year old cast iron stove, am repairing and repointing a turing of the century fireplace and am about to do all the sealing/caulking/filling for the skirting in the house. Dint think I would enjoy it but I am !

Have my NT scan today and a bit nervous - will be glad when its over

#41 Caramel Latte

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Aphraell: Sounds like more than one benefit to doing renos. Good luck with your NT scan, will be stalking for news. xox

#42 aphraell

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Sorry for the following post but I had to vent am so upset - please dont read if you are easily upset

I've been a blubbering mess for hte last hour. Stupidly opened up news.com.au and most of the "top stories" were about children dying.  Went to grab a coffee and went to flick through the newspaper and the front page story is about a toddler  (DDs age) killed by a dog :cry:

This is why we dont watch the news or buy the newspaper - it seems like nothing but bad news is reported.

Am sure pregnancy hormones are making it worse but I'm so upset and I keep crying...

Vent over

#43 Caramel Latte

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

It has been a really sad week in news this week. One child dying is way to many, but this week is devastating. Feel for the families.

xox.

#44 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

im sure i wrote here yetserday but it isnt here.

oh well, apraell hiw did the scan go?

cl - Hugs and hang in there.

mama are you ok?

hi all else!

:doh: :ninja: :xmas_mellow: :sleep:
:doh:

:dry:

:xmas_cool:

:evillaugh:

:angry:

:dry:

:evillaugh:

:xmas_mellow:

#45 Mamabug

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Aphraell, I hope you are feelling a bit better today.

AFM, I've got one to make yo all laugh....

When was the last time a random (male) stranger came up to you and said "I want to get my charcoals out...I want to draw you."?????

I think I smiled nervously made some sort of 'that's nice' comment and ran...  :rofl:

#46 Shadowess

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Is that his pickup line, Mama??

#47 MarsBarSlice

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

Aphreall - How did the scan go?

Mamabug - That's one I haven't heard before

#48 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Arrrrgh, I have decided that I really don't like bedtime.

Mamabug, aww nobody ever wants to pull out their charcoals and draw me. I even have a hard time getting myself immortalised in finger paint.

So we got a shock phonecall yesterday telling us that we might have to move. It is only ten minutes away and only onto the embassy compound, but I don't want to :( I like our apartment! Nobody even told us it could be a possibility that this would happen so the call was completely out of the blue and unexpected. I am trying to just take a deep breath and go with the flow because it really shouldn't matter. But as I said, I don't wanna!!! :(

In other news, Derek has his exam tomorrow. We're all very nervous about it and will be relieved when it is over.

Then we are going to Taiwan for a week's holiday!!

Then Owen will be almost back at school again. Where have these eight weeks of summer holidays gone? I will miss him.

#49 Caramel Latte

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Filly: Sorry to hear about the sudden unexpected notice to move, it is bad enough when expect and have month notice to move. Sound like a few busy weeks ahead, good luck to Derek re his exam and hope you enjoy the time in Taiwan!!

Mumabug: Years ago, I had a phone call asking if I wanted to do a photo shoot. He saw a pic of me with friends in the Newspaper and decided to call. Laughed and told him to not call me again.

Aphraell: How did the scan go? xox

Hi to all!!

All I am going to say is - Oreo still sick and not getting any better, if anything is worse.

#50 aphraell

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

FJ - grrr to maybe moving, how annoying!!! Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into anything. Good luck to Derek for the exam!

Mamabug - how very random! Definitely a unique line!

CL - on know, poor little thing. When are you off to the docotrs next? Hopefully you get some answers soon

No results on the scan yet - I hate waiting. The doctor doing the scan did say that the NT measurement was at the upper end of normal, although everything else (nasal bone, some vein/artery in the spleen etc) all looked good so it will come down to the bloods as to wether we have a "good" or a "bad" result. But even if we have a good result he is recommending another scan at 16 weeks to check heart.

Also had my first OB appointment yesterday (at high risk OB clinic RHW) and there was a whole heap of back and forth about wether I should be on Clexane or not but in the end after several opinions form senior high risk OBs I have been left on aspirin.

In other news, DH had to fly out yesterday at short notice for 2.5 weeks of work. And by yesterday afternoon it was looking like 3.5 weeks with up to 2 weeks on a site where there is no mobile phone coverage (would have to call the sat phone at the site office if I needed to talk to him). Not the best time with the NT scan unresolved but what can you do!  DD definitely knows he is away - she wouldnt settle at 3am this morning (is normally a cuddle and back into bed and asleep in 10 minutes) and was just calling out for daddy for 2 hours! We got Facetime working today and will do so again before dinner  so hopefully tonight will be easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.