PAM Grads #22

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#51 aphraell

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Wow- quiet in here! Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend

Just a quick update, got call from the hospital and low risk for the trisomies but they do want to do another scan in 2 weeks to check bubs heart. Only thing is I'm not delivering through that hospital and my hospital/public OB dont think I need the scan. Grrr

Also, DDs sleep seems to have completely gone out the window since DH has been away. Sigh. Hopefully she settles down soon

#52 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

i am experiencing so e technical difficulties. i need a new phone and a new computer and to figure out why the tablet crashes at random intervals. argh!

aphreall, good luck with the NT resukts, sounds ok.

mamabug that is Most Awesome! i hooe you said yes and quoted $10K an hour?

ted is niw 2, the house is full of new toys and oliver is having a hard time "sharing" all the new toys.

i am getting fatter by the day and will need new clothes soon if i dont do something.

back soon, hopefully with working technology :xmas_cool: :dry: :evillaugh: :smile:  :doh:

:doh:

:freaked:

:xmas_blink:

:smile:

:ninja:

:sleep:

#53 Mamabug

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

HI all. Going through some stuff at the moment. Had a week where I have been so very happy, then so very distraught. But have been reading along and thinking of you all - this really is a bright spot for me. Thank-you all for giving me that.

#54 Caramel Latte

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

Mumabug: xox, sorry to hear, that this week has been such a rollercoaster for you. Thinking of you and hope that next week is not so bumpy, but a happier one for you.

Edited by Caramel Latte, 13 August 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#55 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hey Mama, we're all here for you xxx

Aphraell that's great news on the low risk results, very frustrating re the scan though. Any chance they'll just do it for you there?

#56 MarsBarSlice

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Mamabug - Big hugs from me. I hope it all sorts out for you soon.

Aphraell - great to hear good news on the scan

TNMN - I love your signature, you kids are gorgeous

DinoJen - Technical difficulties suck

#57 aphraell

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Mamabug: sending big virtual hugs your way. Look after yourself and I hope things start turning around for you soon. When does your new puppy arrive?

TNMN: Hospital that did the NT scan is also going to do the heart scan for me next week, even though I am going elsewhere for my care - yay!

#58 aphraell

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hopefully this might make a couple of you giggle....

Went to the library yesterday and DD (dressed in her ballet tutu no less) chooses a dinosaur and a train set to borrow from the toy section  - thats not the funny bit by the way, althouhg did get a couple of funny looks. I have no issue with DD playing with whatever she likes

Dinosaur turns out to be the biggest hit ever and she has been singing ("Dinosaur, Dinosaur Dinosaur, Dinosaur" ...you get the picture) to him all yesterday, making him tea etc etc. He even got taken to bed last night and one of her two favourites was relegated to the floor!

So anyway, this morning my not so tiny baby went into stealth mode, crept into my room at 4:40 am and yells "DINOSAUR - ROAR" while shaking said dinosaur in my face! Lovely way to wake up after a shocking nights sleep - not!

Edited by aphraell, 13 August 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#59 Caramel Latte

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

That is great news Aphraell. Hope scan goes well...

Hi MBS: How are you all going?

TNMN: Agree with MBS, your kids are gorgeous!!!

Mumabug: Sending more hugs and hope this week is improving

Dino: Hopefully tech issues sorted asap.

#60 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

:xmas_cool: :angry:
:xmas_blink: i cant type, i wrote the helow sentence first but it auto-corrected me back up here and now i cant get back down there. oh well, i shall kake no sense. i am seeing my psych tomorrow - i am feeling a bit overwhelmed and a bit like i did just before i had my last nervous breakdown (20 years ago) so im hoping to intervene in my own head before i go off my rocker this time. last time wasnt pretty. apart from that little gem ted's party was great, cake came out well, oliver had his 4yo shots without incident, and i enquired about a storage shed today so i can get a whole pile of nostalgic but taking up way too much friggen space stuff and things that i havent decided what to do with yet, like the size 12 clothes that will almost definitiely never fit again :D

:xmas_blink:

:dry:
so i cant get these emoticons out of my head.

and now i have kylie minogue running through my head surrounded by naked emoticons instead of naked dancers.

i just cant get you out of my head..

anyway...
:sleep:

#61 Caramel Latte

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Dino: RE clothes, never say never! Sending huge hug your way too. Xox

#62 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

Aphraell that is kind of funny, but I'm cringing for you having to wake up that way!

Big hugs Dino, hope the psych session goes well for you. Keep talking to us, we're here for you xx

Head space is not healthy here either, I've had two significant bordering on psychotic episodes in the last few days. It's been over 2 weeks since I've had more than 3.5-4 hours broken sleep per night backed up by very broken sleep for the 6 weeks prior to that with Carys being sick. In that time I've been sick too and I'm just so very depleted of everything. With sleep being so fragmented for so long I'm now at the stage where I can't sleep even when there's no external factors impacting on me. Instead I'm lying awake alternating between irritation, anger & despair at the though of having to face another sleepless night followed by another day. Tonight I'm trying some Swiss brand sleep tablets then will progress on to stronger options if they don't help.

#63 Caramel Latte

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

TNMN: lack of sleep affects a lot, hope the Swiss brand work and you get some much needed sleep xox. We are here for you too.

#64 Shadowess

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Oh gosh girls, you're all falling apart! I hope you can all get back into a better, healthier space and soon... Do we need another national scone day?

Megan, is there anything I can help you with? I've used those tablets before, and found they helped... Although I wasn't nearly as sleep deprived as you.

#65 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

well that went great. severe depression diagnosed and drugs prescribed accordingly.

FML.

#66 Caramel Latte

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Dino: Wish I had some magic words. xox.

I am thinking that I might do a weekend away for my Bday present. As never been to Melbourne, I thought I would scare off all Melbourne ppl :-).... would it be ok to meet up for a coffee???

hugs to all! Hope that things improve immensely for those going thru a rough time right now. If there is anything I can do, just give me a shout, I will do what I can. xox

<corrected us to me>

Edited by Caramel Latte, 15 August 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#67 Shadowess

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm sorr Dino... Xx glad that you're on to it though, and you're getting treatment.

#68 MarsBarSlice

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

That just sucks everybody.  I really hope that things start to turn around for all of you soon.

#69 key4

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi All

I am still alive I have been reading when possible but just have not had the time to reply.

I am sorry to all that are not in a good headspace I hope that it improves soon.

We have all been so sick here recently just normal winter bugs but so exhausted from it all. The lil man was in hospital for 4 days he was the worst of us. He is improving but sleep it is a distant memory for all in this house.

DH and I had decided that we would try for another baby but I have got cold feet and just need to delay it for a while as I an barely breathe at the moment the thought of morning sickness on top of it too much! I am taking the pill prescribed by the OB when I had a ruptured ovarian cyst in July hoping that a month or 2 will calm that down - but I have not told him and I feel like I am lying to him.

Dino - I got your PM moons ago but just did not get the time to put any meaningful thought into it. SORRY. Your diagnosis of major depression may not be a bad thing this allows you to get help and move forward now- remember when treated depression does not last forever.

Lil man awake after 30 mins power nap best go :)

#70 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Dino :( I agree with  Key though, having a diagnosis & treatment is far preferable than wading through it unaided. Please tell me if I can help. If you want to run away for a few days come & stay here.

CL if I can secure a cheap airfare I might be in that Melb weekend idea.

Fee - thanks so much but it's the nights that have been the killer & short of getting a night nanny (not happening) there's little anyone can do. The tablets have helped, I've still had 2 more nights of broken sleep but I've been able to go back to sleep which is a vast improvement. Hopefully I'll continue to slowly crawl back out of the hole.

I say yes to another virtual scone day!

#71 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Everyone come to Melbourne :D

I'm in for another virtual scone day too.

My head hurts. Stupid drugs.

#72 Caramel Latte

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Dino: boo to head pain!!!

I'm also in for virtual scone day!!!!

TNMN: small step forward, fingers crossed it improves leaps and bounds.

Key: I've responded in other thread. Hope all are 100% ASAP and continue to stay well.. We've just had 3/4 weeks of winter ill health and I'm just started to feel better since bronchitis.

Hi Filly, Mumabug, Shadowess, MBS, Aphraell and all I missed; how are you?

AFM: had a crap day, Oreos dietician and test apts went downhill. She's lost weight, have to go back on 18/10 to ensure no further loss. Was hoping for it to go to 6mthly, suppose better then monthly!

Tho the pathologists were brilliant, they still couldn't complete the required tests due to lack of blood they got. So round two will be 20/9. Her screaming got to me, her crying, made me cry and sure when she looked at me, she was wondering why I wasn't saving her. Know may sound silly, but half hr of hearing her scream and not being able to cuddle her, upset me.

They've enough blood for the CVID testing, so we find out on 20/9 if she will need transfusions or not. Fingers crossed not!

#73 key4

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Dino - Hope the head pain goes away soon Antidepressants are awful because they always give lots of side effects before benefits.

Carmel - I can't imagine how awful pinning your child down so often to give blood is. When lil man was in hospital he has a nasogastric tube in and that was awful.

TNMN - Are you suffering insomonia or is it the kids?

I am bleary eyed waiting for coffee to kick in. I am having lots of trouble sleeping despite exhaustion I took diazepam at 2am and still starred at the roof for 2 more hours.  Stupid mind!

#74 Mamabug

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'm sorry to hear how rough it is for some of you.

I agree with the recommendation of a Virtual National Scone Day...

My cow has gone viral - well as viral as an ABC Radio rural piece can go....

Edited by Mamabug, 17 August 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#75 aphraell

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Group hug for everyone - i think we need it! And yea to VSD!!!!

Mamabug - thinking of you and hoping things are going better for you. Love your cow by the way :)

Dino - sending you big hugs. I agree with the others, a diagnosis and support is better than not knowing and trying to struggle through on your own. When i got my dianosis of PND (different i know) it felt like part of the weight shifted off mu shoulders, Hope now things start to improve for you.

TNMN - argh to the not sleeping!!  Is is the kids keeping you awake or are you stuck in a cycle of not sleeping?

CL - poor Oreo and poor you. It must have been so hard so listen to her cry and not be able to do anything. Hopefully the next round will go smoother.

miss x had her paed appointment today and we were prescribed melatonin for her sleep issues (4/4:30am starts to the day). Paed thinks 50% chance of working - sadly compounding chemists don't seem to work weekends so can't start to Monday - grrr
Also she has been put on GF diet for 3 monts due to suspected wheat and/or gluten intolerance. Easy enough at home as I am GF (think it might be easier for DH to go GF too now!) and daycare are inboard, so hoping it goes well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.