#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 bree18

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Just wanted to pop in to see if anyone needed some support while going through PGD.

Elarwood- I hope your results for your CGH testing came back with a little embie to transfer and some for the freezer.

Hi to anyone else popping in.

#3 Madalem

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Likewise!!  I'm here too if anyone else is around!

Bree - hope you're doing well.....  :-)

#4 Hoping4a2012baby

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

X

Edited by Hoping4a2012baby, 24 September 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#5 *bright*

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hi ladies!

Just a quickie to say a huge HOORAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to Bree - November is coming around so quickly!  

And Madalem - WOW, 5 weeks to go, less now probably, so exciting!! I was so nervous & excited at that stage, sending you every good vibration for a wonderful & safe arrival in a few short weeks time!

Gosh such beautiful miracles. My best wishes to all the other ladies who have joined since my time of actually keeping track properly, I hope you all have your miracles in your arms soon. It is horrible and there is no denying that, but so worth it when you get your prize. xx

#6 eskimoo

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Shamelessly stalking to check in on new babies
Looks like there's lots of boys about, wonder if Madalem will join team blue or start team pink!

#7 *bright*

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thinking of you Madalem!!

#8 bree18

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm checking in also to see how things are going Madalem. Hopefully enjoying newborn cuddles by now :)

#9 Madalem

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Thank you ladies.....just a quick note for now to say we started team pink!!

She wasn't too interested in coming out, so ended up with a Caesar at 40+5 on 31 Aug as my waters were decreasing.....but all is great!  Came home today (Wed).

:-)

You're next Bree!!

#10 bree18

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Yah!!!!
Congratulations Madalem. I'm so exited for you. Enjoy all the newborn cuddles and that new baby smell. Glad to hear that you are both doing well. Xx

#11 eskimoo

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Massive congrats Madalem! Rest up and enjoy your little princess cuddles :)

Bree, you must be getting excited about your little man joining soon, hope it doesn't drag too long for you :) :)

#12 timetoshine

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Congrats madalem! So happy you finally have your precious bubba in your arms. Enjoy!

All the best to everyone else :)

#13 *bright*

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Congrats Madalem!!! I am so deeply happy for you, what an amazing dream come true, those moments when you're holding your bubby for those precious first times, and you know it's all been worth it!!! Enjoy every second. Lots of love.

#14 Forum Moderator

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hi ladies,
This is just a quick reminder that this is a group for people currently using IVF with PGD, it's not an appropriate place for baby announcements/pregnancy updates and whilst I understand you are all very supportive of each other, and only posting to provide support and encouragement to others, it's also discouraging for some new members seeking support when all they see are birth announcements and pregnancy updates. If you wish to have a grad group that is open to both grads and people still trying, I'm more than happy to facilitate that elsewhere on the boards. Sorry to sound harsh, but I'm sure we can all remember back to when we started out on our IVF journeys and recall how difficult and confronting it can all be.
Thanks for your understanding.
Mintie

#15 elarwood

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hi ladies,
The last thread was quiet for a while so I didn't check back. It's been quite a journey! Our cgh cycle ended up with 34 eggs, 30 mature & 20 fertilised. We tested 15 on day 3 & to our absolute surprise we got 6 normal embryos :-) transferred one, but came back low hcg. We were devastated. how can a normal embryo be such low hcg. another chemical. Repeat tests for a few weeks, doubling levels to begin with & then it slowed right down. So not a viable pregnancy. We were so shocked and disappointed. At my 7 week scan there was no evidence of a sac, so dr suspected ectopic. My levels had started to come down by about week 8, so we thought I was going to miscarry naturally wherever this baby was. The next week my hcg levels had gone back up again, so ectopic was raised again & had to have a laparoscopy that day as I was almost 9 weeks. Sadly, it was in my left tube so he as to remove it. It was the worst thing I've had to endure during this process. Dr also found endometriosis in my pouch of Douglas so I've decided to have another laparoscopy to remove it (next week) before doing another attempt. We are fortunate to have 5 tested embryos in the freezer, although some are still at morula on day 5 so I'm not too confident on quality but hopefully one is our baby. We also suspect immune issues so FS is doing a lipidol flush, and intrapilids with next cycle, along with steroids, clexane, aspirin & feldene.

Congratulations Madalem on the birth of your daughter. So precious!

Hope the pregnant ladies are well.

Emma

#16 Peta Feral

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hi Elarwood

Wow those are big numbers! Congrats on having some in the freezer. I'm sure it will work out for you with one of them.

I'm about to start on a new cycle. Its pretty depressing when I think of what has happened in the past two, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

PS

#17 Crazy4Baby

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hi All PGD ladies who are lurking :smile:

Oldie on EB but have been in other buddy groups previously...

I'm currently doing my first stim + thaw + PGD cycle and wanted to get some idea of what the chances are of getting at least one viable embryo for transfer at day 5...

A little of our history...

DH has sperm issues, high morphology and low count.

Myself i have PCOS and just found out that i have balanced translocation isssue hence the PGD.

We managed to conceive DS in 2008 after numerous clomid/stim/fet cycles before we found out about the balanced translocation. It has been nearly 5 years now that we have been trying to get a sibling but with no success hence we had requested further blood works.

Dh and i have decided that this will be our last cycle for good as i think we need to draw the line and just enjoy DS and stop thinking about IVF anymore as its like we're in limbo land for so long.

I hope that someone here has some first hand experience with balanced translocation issue and can advise what our chances of getting at least one for transfer. I have 9 embryos in the freezer and will add to that basket with this next stim to push our odds. My second last stim before we found out on the Balance transloation issue was horrible as we tried to grow all 20 eggs to day 5 for the first time and none made it. I have a feeling that even if they test it at  day 3 none will make it to day 5.

Any advice and support would be much appreciated as i would like to prepare myself for bad news that may be coming to us in a few weeks.

Thanks heaps
C4B

#18 elarwood

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Best of luck for your new cycle Peta, hoping for good numbers for testing & a sticky one.

I am very lucky to have 5 in the freezer but after the ectopic my confidence level is shot! Having another laparoscopy this Friday to remove endo before starting a fet in a few weeks.

Welcome crazy4baby, I don't have first hand experience with balanced translocation issue, have they given you an indication as to how many could be affected? I have pco & endo & DH low everything. We did pgd for repeated failures & miscarriages & were surprised to get 6 out of 15 tested embryos normal. The results were consistent with my age (30) & % of aneupoidy. If you are under 35 you can expect around 60% to be abnormal, and the older you get the less etc but not sure how the balance translocation affects those results. Fingers crossed you get good egg numbers this stim & able to test a good number, surely you will get some normal/balanced embryos for transfer.

#19 Peta Feral

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hi Crazy4Baby

My husband has a translocation at 22:11, which is why we are doing PGD.

I believe it depends on your translocation as to how many viable embryos you can expect. Have you had a meeting with a geneticist? The first one was spoke to said it was a 50/50 chance, but since then I have spoken to another geneticist who says for our translocation 1 in 6 would be viable and that seems to be more in line with the results we have gotten so far.

Which were: round 1 - 9 eggs, 7 fertilised, 5 with translocation, 1 with XXY, 1 available for transfer, BFN

round 2 - 8 eggs, all fertilised, 6 with translocation, 1 didnt make it to day 5, one available for transfer - I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks.

round 3 - 9 eggs, 7 fertilised, 6 with translocation, 1 with extra 13, none available for transfer.

So you see it is pretty tough.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with

PS

#20 ncdem

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi, I am new to EB but not new to IVF PGD!

I have completed 3 failed PGD cycles at this stage with 4 failed transfers.

My first cycle... 10 eggs 1 normal embryo and BFN

My second cycle... 20 eggs 1 normal embryo and chemical pregnancy

My third cycle... 19 eggs 2 normal embryos
First transfer... Bfp but early miscarriage at 5 weeks
Second transfer... Bfn

Having another epu in December. I should also add that I suffer from luteal phase defect and when I do a collection my progesterone goes up before I do a collection and can't do a fresh transfer.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any similar experience and any suggestions... Just feeling a bit down at the moment.

#21 Peta Feral

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hey ncdem, welcome!

Can I ask why you are doing PGD?

Are you doing acupuncture? That really helped with me with the transfer that stuck (at least as first, I miscarried at 10 w)

#22 ncdem

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

We are doing pgd because my husband is a carrier of fragile x and we are screening the embryos. I have tried acupuncture. When did you have the acupuncture done? Thanks for you reply!

#23 Sparky10

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Hi Ladies

I've been lurking around various threads for awhile now but thought I might join you. I have a balanced translocation (6 and 13) as well as low AMH and high FSH. I have done 5 stims cycles (all with PGD) and am yet to find a healthy embryo to transfer. I'm at my wits end with it all now and will probably do one more cycle this year but I expect it will be my last. We can't afford to keep going mentally or financially.

Peta - how is your cycle going? It seems like you've been through a lot. I hope you have some better luck this cycle.

Crazy4 Baby - In answer to your question about translocations, I was told about two thirds of my eggs would have the translocation. So far we have had 8 day 5 embryos tested. 5 had the translocation and the other 3 had other chromosome abnormalities so I guess the two thirds was about right. The hardest thing for me has been that we have found eggs without the translocation but they have all had other abnormalities. Seems like you get a lot more eggs than me so hopefully that will help you find some healthy ones.

ncdem - unfortunately I've never been lucky enough to get to the stage of transferring a healthy embryo but it does sound like you have had a few issues with implantation. Have you been checked for endo or NK cell issues?

Sorry for such a long post but thanks for reading. I'll probably cycle in either late Oct or Nov so will keep in touch.

#24 ncdem

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for the advice Sparky10! I will speak to my FS about checking for those things and let you know how I go.

We are booked in for another cycle early December.  The clinic that I go to (I don't think I can mention names??) close their pgd lab over Christmas and have such a LONG wait to book in for a pgd cycle each time.. Is this the same protocol at all clinics?

Wishing everyone good luck in their future cycles xoxo

#25 Sparky10

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Ncdem - my clinic does not have a waiting time to start a PGD cycle but I got a second opinion from another clinic a few months ago and they did. My clinic tests day 5 embryos so you can cycle whenever you are ready but they freeze all your embryos on day 5 and it generally takes about 3 weeks to get the PGD results. You then do an FET with any healthy embryos.

My understanding is that the slides they use for the PGD test cost thousands so the clinics that test on day 3 try to cycle everyone at the same time so they can use as few slides as possible. Those clinics that test on day 5 wait to actually do the test until they have enough embryos to fit on a slide (I believe they hold eight). Either way it's unfortunately a waiting game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.