Baby Shower

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 April2608

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

hi
Are you planing on having a baby shower?
How long before bub is due?
What plans have you made, or ideas do you have?

I'm just looking on Ebay for decorations, and stuff.

I have booed it for 5 weeks before due date, the weekend after I finish work.

April

Edited by April2608, 06 August 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#2 Lou-bags

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Not my DIG, but my friends are throwing me a baby shower in two weeks. I'll be 35 weeks pregnant, and will be finishing up work the week prior.

I haven't done any of the planning (other than decide the date and the place), as the girls are doing that for me. I will be organising some of the food though, at my insistence. I don't want them spending too much.

(I didn't think you were supposed to throw your own baby shower? Or is that an old fashioned hangover?)

#3 kentieness

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

I wasn't really given a choice - my mum and best friend insisted on throwing me a baby shower!

Mine will be the last weekend of October so about 4 weeks before I'm due and I haven't done a thing so far except confirm which date I wanted! Not sure how much my mum and best friend have organised, though... I'm a bit nervous, as they're both very excited so hopefully they don't go over the top!

#4 April2608

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hi
a good friend of mine did offer to host my baby shower (this was when I was about 15 weeks).

I spoke to her a few weeks a go and set the daste I wanted, and checked where we would hold it, as she was host I assumed it would be at her house, but she said she though it would be at my house.

But nothing else has been done or discussed, I'm getting a bit nervous that nothing is being orginised.

The planed date is still 8 weeks away, am I being silly?

April

#5 Lou-bags

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm having mine at my house, despite it being hosted by my friends- my house is more central to everyone I know plus it means that I won't have to pack up gifts to transport back home.

I don't think you are being silly by being nervous that nothing has been done- but 8 weeks is ages. Maybe just have a chat with her about when she was thinking of sending invitations and then ask if she needs help with anything. Do you have another friend who could lend a hand?

#6 Joan10

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm having one with close friends in 4 weeks. I'll be 32 weeks pregnant. We are having a babyq.

Then mum is throwing me one for all our family as its the first grandchild (first baby in the next generation lol). Our family is massive, about 60 people (30ish cousins) and we are all really close and see each other almost weekly. That one will be when I'm 34 weeks.

#7 Lilymag

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

My sister is hosting mine at her place when I'm 30 weeks, which is 4 weeks from now and just as I finish work. I think if I left it much later than that I'd lose my ability to get out and about as I'm looking almost full term even now, and I want to be ready in case the girls arrive really early.

I'm sorely tempted to skip the whole shower thing (I'm not really into parties and being overly social by nature) but I know some friends and family would be disappointed so looks like it's all happening!

#8 April2608

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

hi
I have always wanted my belly painted.
I'm thinking about doing it at my shower, looks like they charge $100 hr, and I assume you have to have her for min 1 hr.
Would it take an hr to do? If not what do you get them to do for the rest of the time?
My friends with kids tell me they wont bring them to the baby shower.      
Is it gong over the top for baby shower? should I just go to fates and look for face painter, and get it doine there for $5 :smile:

April

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.