What films for a 3-year-old

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Just green apples

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

DD is 3 and a bit and has been sick for a few days. For the last two days we've had a 'movie afternoon' and it's been a blessing :-) She's watched 'Finding Nemo' and 'Madagascar' and both went down a treat.

Any other movie suggestions? I sit there with her so can talk her through 'rougher' bits (like Nemo getting taken away!!!)

#2 FeralMalinki

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Tinkerbell movies
Gnomeo and Juliet

#3 ~Jodama_Feral~

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Cars 1 and 2
Madagascar 2 and 3
Up
Toy Story 1,2 and 3
The Incredibles
Monsters Inc
Ratatouille
Wall-e
Shrek 1,2,3 and 4

Also the 2 PP suggested are great.

Edited by kriattica, 21 August 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#4 PrincessPeach

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

What about going really old school.

My soon to be 3 year old nephew loves the original versions of Mary Poppins & Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

#5 purpledelight

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

My DD is snotty, ear infection and tonsils....so feeling your pain here too!

We are currently watching "My Little Pony Movie".  Yesterday we watched Robots and Mary Poppins.

#6 Just green apples

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Thanks! Haven't thought of Mary Poppins. I used to love it!

#7 ferals_for_tea

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

My neighbour Totoro, the best film for little kids ever.

#8 IsolaBella

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Tangled
Ice Age

DD also loves Hotel Transylvania she wants to be a Girl Bat like Mavis.

#9 klr75

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

My 2 1/2 year old loves The Bee Movie, all the Toy Story movies

#10 Julie3Girls

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Tinkerbell movies.
Barbie movies
The Fairies have movies/DVDs of the series that my girls love at that age. Good because they are short episodes, rather than a longer story.

We also went through a lot of DVDs like hi5 (the originals) at that age. Good to get them up and moving if they R feeling better as well.

#11 laridae

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Most cartoons - so a lot of the Disney and Dreamworks ones.
The only live actions ones she likes have animals, such as 'Babe'.  Oh, and the Wiggles movie.

Edited by laridae, 21 August 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#12 schnookaberg

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

My daughter loves monsters inc and wall.e

#13 FeralSonsOfAnarchy

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Bug's Life
Ants
Monsters Inc
Tangled

#14 Chelli

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

At that age, my DD loved the original version of Anni and the movie Madeline.
Parent trap was another favourite.

I hope your DD is feeling better soon.

#15 CleverChook

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think the Pooh movies are perfect at that age.

#16 crocodilessnap

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

My DD is currently loving the disney princess moves with Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid going down really well. She seems to prefer the cartoon options so far so have yet to attempt Mary Poppins etc with her but we might attempt those when her dad goes away in a fortnight

#17 Danzie

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

My DD same age loves

Tangled
The Lorax
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

#18 Just green apples

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions. Just started watching Toy Story and she's asleep! She hasn't had a daytime nap since December last year :-) Poor little sick munchkin.

#19 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Charlottes Web

#20 Alpha_Chook

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Ice Age.....Eamon loves all 4 of them!!

Happy Feet....he loves them all

#21 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

My 3yo is obsessed with the movie "Rio" (about a bird).

I had never heard of it, and he watched it at my brother's house, and we've since borrowed it and he asks to watch it constantly.

#22 jezebel_joygirl

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'd have to disagree with a PP recommendation of Cars 2. My son got it for his 3rd birthday and I was really taken aback with it, especially since Cars was so sweet and innocent.

Maybe it's just me, but I found Cars 2 to be a relatively high-concept James Bond-style ripoff, with lots of stuff about spies, villains, henchmen, guns etc.

Everything else mentioned above sounds on the money, though!

#23 iheartu

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

My DD's current favourite is Monsters Inc.

Other good ones are cloudy with a chance of meatballs, toy story, cars, any Thomas the tank movie, ratatouille, little rascals, rio and Horton hears a who.

#24 EBeditor

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Dd liked the Tinkerbell movies at that age, she also loves the Chipmunk movie Chipwrecked.

#25 heffalumpsnwoozles

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Mine loves the original 101 Dalmatians. Do not confuse it with the 1996 live action one, she hates that!

About the only live action movie she likes is Alvin and the Chipmunks. I warn you though, it's really, really annoying!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.