Day 1 - what's awesome about your family?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

A thread to reflect on Day 1's challenge  - Ask your kids what is awesome about your family.

If you're late to the challenge, sign up here: http://www.parentwel...ampaign=awesome

#2 234

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

I signed up but didn't get sent an email...

#3 F.E.B.E

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hi 234, parentwellbeing told me they were so overloaded by registrations this week that some didn't make it through. They have now made some fixes so that if you re-register it should be smooth sailing from here.

#4 {Amy} PWB

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

Hi 234, we had a system crash and a lot of emails were lost. If you sign up now you will receive your first email in the morning!

#5 EB-Marion

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

I did the first task, and asked my nearly 5yo what is awesome about his family...

he said ... "my mummy"

oh, i just melted Posted Image

#6 {Amy} PWB

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostEB-Marion, on 29 August 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I did the first task, and asked my nearly 5yo what is awesome about his family...

he said ... "my mummy"

oh, i just melted Posted Image

Definitely meltworthy!!!

#7 {Amy} PWB

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that is so GORGEOUS!!!

#8 {Amy} PWB

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

It sure beats the "Mum you have a very big bottom" I got this evening.... I remember now why I don't bath with my kids anymore :dry:

And yes you most certainly cannot win them all, but I think DS5's words from the heart trumps DS2 tantrum words!Posted Image

#9 RuRa

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

Bit of a late response but...when I asked my almost-3 DD, she thought for a few seconds then shouted out "Everybody!!". Everyone in the family is what makes it special and awesome for her, bless xxx
ps: how do u do the love heart symbol ?

#10 Morgaine71

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

have been having a bad run with colds so catching up now and noticed that our days have their own topics so am copying and pasting my posts from the original topic. Here's the one for day one:

I asked my 3 1/2 year old what she thinks is awesome about our family and her first response was 'we eat'! I then explained a bit more about what I was asking and she said "we help each other". This was a lovely thing to hear after a bad hormonal day for me being a big grumpy pants.

#11 {Amy} PWB

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

RuRa: GORGEOUS! Click on the smiley face in the formatting options above where you write in the text box and click 'show all'.

#12 podg

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

DD1: When we buy stuff - like a new rubbish bin.

DD2: Bottoms! Bottomy bottoms!

Yeah.

#13 {Amy} PWB

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hahaha podg, sounds like you have very easily pleased girls!

#14 g_uzica

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

I asked DD4.5 this afterrnoon and her answer 'I get to do the dishwasher and stuff.' The cleaning gene completely bypassed DH and I, and somehow DD got it ALL!!

#15 {Amy} PWB

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

At least one person in the house does, very handy lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.