Day 2 - Create a personal mantra and say it to yourself 3 times today

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

A personal mantra is a little statement you say to yourself that helps keep you calm or inspired or encouraged or grounded.

It can be absolutely anything, and it works best if you choose your own words so they make sense to you.

If you're not signed up to the free daily challenge emails, you can do so here:
http://www.parentwel...ampaign=awesome

What's your mantra?

#2 F.E.B.E

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

After a nightmare couple of weeks (car crash, delayed property settlement to name a couple of things); this week my mantra is 'THIS TOO SHALL PASS!"

#3 parentwellbeing

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

My mantra at the moment is 'Love, Listen In and Trust'. That's my focus!

#4 Terracotta

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

My mantra: staying as calm as I can when my children are anything but is the best way forward

#5 {Amy} PWB

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Great mantra's everybody.

Mine is 'Just trying makes you awesome'.

#6 Feral Nelly

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Mine is 'I choose love'.

Totally pinched from somewhere else but it reminds me to not react with anger.

#7 {Amy} PWB

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostNelly Gnu, on 29 August 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Mine is 'I choose love'.

Totally pinched from somewhere else but it reminds me to not react with anger.

I love it Nelly Gnu Posted Image

#8 RuRa

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Mine is 'Jus let it go, it's not dirt, just mess and in time ul adjust to live with a little bit of that!' ;) ;)

Edited by RuRa, 31 August 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#9 Morgaine71

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

reposting from original topic:

So day 2 was a bit tough - we've had a house full of sickies, so things a bit more challenging than normal. I'm in a tough situation as it is with hubby working OS we haven't seen him face to face since the 8th Feb - at least we have Skype. Since then there's been many ups and downs with sickness and moving house at the beginning of July, me trying to get started with a course I enrolled in last October and all the normal day to day things. So I'm pretty exhausted and yesterday was a challenge indeed. But I came up with the following mantra:

I love my family and I'm doing the best I can

and it did help me get through a few tough moments. I think I'll use it everyday when I need it from now on.

#10 {Amy} PWB

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

RuRa: so true! Although at my house, there is a pile of sand from and upended shoe.... seeing how long I can ignore it :p

Morgaine71: that sounds super tough! When does Hubby get back?

#11 Morgaine71

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Amy PWB he's coming on leave this month for 3 weeks :-)

#12 {Amy} PWB

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Oh you guys must be super excited! I hope there is a few rest days in that 3 week period just for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.