Royal North Shore public or private?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Wildence

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

midwives will visit you at home, and as long as you can feed and change diapers you will be fine! :)

#27 KellyDut

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

I have found all the information in this thread really useful as I need to decide within a week if we go public or private.  I was wondering if anyone would know if it is possible to go through RNSH public as a private patient? And if so what the difference of this would be to going just public.

I miscarried twice last year and did not find the care at RNSH very good, but I am hoping this was just because it happened both times on a Saturday and is not medically urgent in the big scheme of a hospital. However if something goes wrong I want to be where all the best equipment is close by.

Thanks in advance for any information.

#28 Caribou

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

Think you'll need to call and ask. But I can't see why not! My friends have birth public (elsewhere), but stayed in a private room, I think you use public service, but only private for room.

I found NSP good, obviously midwives are short staffed, but so is everywhere, but overall, they looked after me most of the time, but if you have a problem you gotta say it. Or they assume you're fine. Just really crucial you say what you need/want to know.

#29 Lunafreya

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

I had such terrible experiences at RNS public that I told DH if I had to go in hospital again for birth I'd want to go private.

Been thinking about this a lot as I'm worried Im pregnant again and due to a third degree tear I would have to have a Caesarean section.

Preferable for us is Ryde midwifery group practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.