Day 08 - Reflect on one thing you love about your child's personality

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Our kids are truly 'awesome' little personalities! Sometimes we get so caught up in their challenging, annoying or frustrating behaviour that we forget how 'awesome' they truly are.

Today, reflect on your child's personality. Is your child:

Funny
Adventurous
Creative

Share what makes your child special below.

Want to join the  "Find the Awesome in your family" challenge? Click here

#2 F.E.B.E

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'll start off. My daughter is incredibly affectionate and loves to tell us (and her grandparents, aunt etc) how much she loves us. She doles out lots of hugs and kisses too.

My son is a very dedicated sports player amongst other things. If he is defending you can bet your bottom dollar that he will throw himself in to any position in order to stop the other team getting a goal! He also puts a lot of effort in to his school work.

#3 RuRa

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hmmm there's so many qualities that come to my mind but yes, if I had to choose one it would hav to be her sense of humour, how funny she is and how she always puts a smile on my face:) She comes up with the darndest things and is so self-assured and knowing when she tells me, you'd swear she invented that idea/move herself and no one else would hav thought of that! It jus makes me so proud that she's processing intelligent thought all the time and can see a little beyond the four sides of a box, the wonders of childhood imagination!...My son is almost 8mths and is starting to get a great personality and showing us an insight into the little man he'll be -one with a fiery temper & voice to match! As challenging as that sometimes is, I'm jus enjoying seeing him develop his communication skills and showing his affection now to those he knows well, especially his loving older sis. They're really enjoying play time together now & share so many giggles- his face lights up every time he hears /sees her x

Edited by RuRa, 04 September 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#4 Percival

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

My little boy is the happiest kid I know. He just has a happy soul. I love that quality in him. When he has teeny tiny as soon as he saw a new face he would smile and now, at 15 months just giggles his way through life. He really is a joy to be around.

#5 Therese

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

My oldest has the most amazing smile. She has always been known as the child who smiled since she was tiny. Even as a teenager now, that smile is still there.  She brightens every day with that smile.

My youngest has an amazing sense of humour. It is really sarcastic at times and there isn't a day that she doesn't make us laugh. She has maintained that sense of humour through some pretty crappy things and I admire that in her so much.

#6 Terracotta

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

My 4yo daughter is constantly testing boundaries, but when I see how she includes other kids at kindy, it warms my heart.  She really likes to make other kids feel comfortable - I hope she stays this kind and caring.

My 1 year old just lights up whenever somebody walks in the room - he has such an infectious smile.

#7 Morgaine71

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'm getting all warm and fuzzy reading the loving posts.

It's hard to pick just one quality for either of my kids, but if I have to then for my oldest, my daughter who is 3 and a half, it's that she will try to do everything herself. She's very confident and determined and independent - these things are wonderful but sometimes infuriating, but I know that if nurtured she will grow into a strong woman.

My little man, 22 months, is also very wilful, but I think one of his most amazing qualities is how inclusive he is. He just loves that we all are involved in activities together, even the smallest thing like passing us all our drink bottles when we want some water.

#8 parentwellbeing

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

I love my daughter's creativity and they she just takes the initiative and makes stuff happen! And I love my son's easy-going, loves to have a laugh nature. Just beautiful!

#9 {Amy} PWB

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

This is such a great activity, I feel happier just thinking about all my children's gorgeous traits :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.