Day 09 - Ask someone about their day, and really listen to their answer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EB-Marion

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Today, choose one person - your partner or a friend - and take the time to ask them about their day. Then instead of half listening to their response - really listen.

Ask a follow up question, get them to talk more about their situation, and really listen.

Tell us about your experience with the challenge today. How did it go?

More about the "Find the Awesome in your family" challenge: Click here

#2 Terracotta

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Ha - when I read today's challenge I thought DUH - I do that all the time!

Then I thought about it and realised I hardly ever stop and look at my husband when I've asked him questions about his day (usually I'm cooking or chasing the kids) so I'm going to give him a few seconds of my full attention today!!!  I'll let you know how I get on!

#3 parentwellbeing

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Terracotta - I'm going to do the same. I'm going to ask a question and really give my hubby my full attention. It doesn't happen often enough!

#4 {Amy} PWB

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I am going to ring my sister tonight and ask her. I haven't connected with her in awhile and she deserves my full attention!

#5 RuRa

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

That's great Amy PWB as my sis & I are best buds & we talk often x

I asked my hubby about his day last night jus before our bedtime and really tried to look and listen to his words & facial exp<b></b>ression! Turns out he had a pretty good day running jobs for his big boss so he felt pretty chuffed with himself & achievements that day...which in turn made me glad that I asked the question & followed up with more questions & we ended up with a pretty meaningful conversation & had some laughs also talking about the kids & their day. A really thoughtful & reflective challenge x

Edited by RuRa, 06 September 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#6 Morgaine71

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

that sounds wonderful RuRa! I wish my hubby was in the same country so I could do those things. He's been off line this week as he's had a special mission for his job so haven't been able to really talk so this challenge was a bit difficult for me :-)

#7 Terracotta

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostTerracotta, on 05 September 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Ha - when I read today's challenge I thought DUH - I do that all the time!

Then I thought about it and realised I hardly ever stop and look at my husband when I've asked him questions about his day (usually I'm cooking or chasing the kids) so I'm going to give him a few seconds of my full attention today!!!  I'll let you know how I get on!

I did it.  I felt very proud to be focussing on one thing and not thinking of 10 other things!!!  Sometimes I must seem like such a distracted dimwit!

#8 {Amy} PWB

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

RuRa: that is so lovely!

And yes my sister and I are really close to. The conversation turned into a marathon. It's amazing the stuff you find out when you ask and really listen, she had some juicy goss heehee!

hugs Morgaine71, I hope you get to have a god chat soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.