Day 12 - relieve the morning chaos by getting something ready the night before

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 EB-Marion

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Day 12 - Choose one activity that you normally do in the morning to get ready for the day, and try doing it the night before

Mornings can be a rush. When we're rushed, we can get more easily frustrated or agitated if our children aren't cooperating. And then it is too easy to nag or yell or lose it!

Today, choose one activity that you normally do in the morning to get ready for the day,and instead, try doing it the night before.

See if that helps to make the mornings a touch easier. How did you go? where the lunches packed, outfits ready, bags by the door?

Share your tips to ease the morning rush.

#2 {Amy} PWB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

SNAP Marion, can you delete my thread ;)

#3 Therese

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have deleted it :)

#4 {Amy} PWB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Thanks Therese!

Well this morning I decided that I need to empty out the shoes full of sand the night before.

Every morning, I am making several trips outside to empty what seems like half a sand pit out of the kids shoes!

I already do lunch boxes the night before, but have decided tonight I am going to empty the shoes and get clean socks to put with the uniform ready to go.

#5 3littlegents

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

I already make 15 sandwiches and cupcakes etc on Sunday for the week ahead, so lunches are all about throwing everything into a box and into a bag in the mornings, but DH packed all lunches last night and did homework whilst I did his paperwork. It made this morning a lot more relaxed (well before the 7am rush to get out the door).

I work nights and days so every bit of time saving and team work helps. I am just glad this challenge has helped DH see that :)

I finish my day job in 8 weeks, so hopefully we have our awesome well and truly in place by then :)

#6 {Amy} PWB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Wow sounds like you have some serious morning awesome in place! GO YOU!!!

#7 Morgaine71

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Not too relevant for me really as my kids aren't yet school age, but the night before their 3 days of day care I usually try and get their backpacks ready with spare clothes for both and nappies (for mr toddler) to save doing it during morning chaos. My big one for night before, unless I'm really really tired, is to make sure all the dishes are done.

#8 {Amy} PWB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Oh yeah the dishes, that's my sore point. I always make so many dishes cooking dinner and when I wake up in the morning to a full sink it drives me bonkers!

I need a reward chart for me I think ;)

#9 Morgaine71

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

I'm loving living in a house with a dishwasher! Still have to do some dishes but at least it's not piles of them 4 times a day.

#10 RuRa

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm the same with Morgaine, Dd not yet school aged, but childcare 2x days a week so I make sure I pack her bags the night before, and lay out the clothes she's going to wear the next morning near her bed as most days DH does the drop-offs so makes it easier for him when he's rushing to do everything else ;) If we're heading out then il pack the bags, outfits, snacks & water the night before. Every night i make sure i do the dishes so I don't hav to wake up to see a full sink of it the next morning (it's my pet hate hehe)

#11 {Amy} PWB

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Morgaine: my dishwasher is horrid, its too small to fit my dinner plates in and doesnt do a great job! Its the one that came with the house. I think I need to upgrade!

#12 Morgaine71

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Amy I'm lucky to have moved in to a house recently that had a kitchen makeover so nice new dishwasher :-)

#13 Terracotta

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

I wish I could brush my kids' teeth the night before - that's always a show stopper!!!  Laying out clothes worked well for my 4 yr old last night because it stopped the "I'm not wearing those shoes today" problem - she'd chosen them already so was happy to follow through this morning.  I'm considering laying my own clothes out tonight - I'm so braindead in the mornings!!

#14 Morgaine71

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hmmm might have to try the clothes the night before thing with miss 3 1/2. I wish I could brush and do her hair the night before. We're doing the pretending to be at the hairdressers thing now to get her to sit down long enough to get the knots out and if I'm lucky, plait it :smile:

#15 {Amy} PWB

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

My Ms. 7 still hates having her hair brushed.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.