Day 13 - Remember one lovely moment from your own childhood

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

You were once a kid too! Do you remember yourself as a child? Do you remember what it was like to be a kid?

Today, we're going to reflect on one lovely moment from your own childhood. What were you doing? Who was there with you? How did you feel? Why is it a good memory?

We're making memories for our kids all the time. Take a moment to reflect on your own childhood and relive a special memory.

#2 {Amy} PWB

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I remember eating dinner outside during summer as a family. Remember feeling so happy and content!

#3 parentwellbeing

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

I remember making mud pies in the backyard in summer, and riding our bikes everywhere!

#4 Therese

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

I remember being at my grandparents with all my cousins. We would all be outside playing while the adults were inside. One particular memory was when one of my cousins and I took a whole watermelon off and ate it by ourselves. There were about 12 other cousins who were pretty annoyed at us ;)

(and yes..we felt sick afterwards :))

#5 Morgaine71

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm struggling with this one to be honest because my head is not in a good space at the moment - hard to find joy when you're not feeling it, but that's when we need to do that the most isn't it?

Camping with my dad was definitely a highlight from childhood, but also time spent at the beach or playing in the backyard at my grandmothers.

#6 Terracotta

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Sorry to hear that Morgaine71 - I definitely think that times when happiness doesn't come easily it can help to encourage it, even just a little bit.  My happy memory of being a child was how much enjoyment I used to get from playing with my cats. It was such an escape from a bad day to pat them!  It's making me think my kids could probably benefit from some pets!

#7 RuRa

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hope u feel better soon Morgaine x

One of my happiest memories are those spent playing with my cousins, especially my closest cousin who literally lived next door to us, separated low side wall purposely built that way so that the kids could climb over to each other's houses & play anytime. We played pirates, spaceships & Lego often in the lounge, simply using furniture & our imagination. We also made mud cakes & pies & wrapped these up in banana leaves & pretended to sell them to the villagers for a fortune (my parents)! ;)

#8 Morgaine71

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thanks girls. Just having a bad run with colds and tantrums! This too will pass.

your childhood memories are lovely :-)

Terracotta I agree re the pet thing. We always had animals in our house growing up and they were such a pivotal part of my childhood. They definitely made my life happier and richer. If I wasn't in a rental I'd seriously consider getting a kitten for my children - adopted from the RSPCA of course!

#9 {Amy} PWB

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have some great memories of wearing sleeping bags upside down and trying to manoveur our way around the house without falling over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.