PAM Grads #23

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#51 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Sorry Jen,  the kids have been ridiculous this evening and now I cannot stop giggling at barretts esophagus, even though it is really not funny. Is thay the cause of the headaches or a whole other issue? I am picturing someone's digestive system lodged in your brain. Probably not how it works ...

#52 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

That's OK Filly - I was intending to get a laff :)

Barrett's is a change in the cell make up of the lining of the esophagus which may (in a very low number of cases) lead to cancer. If you get cancer in your throat the stats say you're dead fast.

Treatment depends on the biopsy results as there are different levels of barrett's - since I didn't have it at the last gastroscopy 3-4 months ago it is very likley I don't have any high grade problem and will continue to treat my throat with medication and diet.

The dietary changes are nasty - I am considering rather than cutting back gradually on caffiene, chocolate, sugar etc that I may well check myself into the clinic I have been looking at anyway and go cold turkey - on the plus side it shouldn't make my headaches worse :D

I call the Dr for results next week, see him in 2 months to discuss what happens next. There are a few options should I need to go beyond medication and diet but realistically I am WAY too young for this sh*t so I really shouldn't be cutting corners on the diet as I hope to live with this for a long, long time.

Unfortunately it is totally unrelated to the headaches. Sigh.

#53 Mamabug

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Dino, I reckon go the clinic. Stuff is much easier without external stress and with support.

#54 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Far canal Dino, that sucks. I agree with going cold turkey, get it all dealt with at once & a new eating plan in place. Doing it at a clinic will be so much easier. I guess we'll be meeting for a water & next time ;) xxx

#55 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I know right? I'm looking at it and thinking, no fruit juices, no coffee - even fake coffee is frowned upon, just no fun at all.

On the plus side I'm going to get very *regular* and I assume skinny, who can stay fat living on water and vegetables?

(I'll let you know)

:D

I'm off for a week tomorrow to http://www.paradiseresort.com.au/

Can. Not. Wait.

#56 Caramel Latte

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

:-)

Edited by Caramel Latte, 17 October 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#57 MarsBarSlice

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

CL - :bighug: It just sucks and am sorry you are going through all this

DinoJen - cold turkey would be the way I do it. Your time at paradise resort looks awesome

Mamabug - How are you coping?  How are the kids?

How is everyone else going?  It's very quiet in here?  Thinking of you all

#58 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I am back. The holiday was great, especially for the kids and Ash - why do I need to default to "asking" for time off, sleep ins and so on but others presume they just get them because they need them? Anyway, enough whinging - it was a great holiday.

No results from the biopsy yet, next week.

I am making the food changes at the moment but not the coffee, I will ignore all of you and cut back slowly - I just can't afford a week or two in hospital, no matter how good it might be for me I don't think Teds will cope.

Meanwhile, not long now MBS!!

Big hugs CL :(

Love to all xxx

#59 Mamabug

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

HI all. I am lurking.

Had a rough start to the week, but I have muddled through and am feeling quite strong at the moment,

Start mediation process next week, have picked up a small contract for my business, am looking forward to a holiday with a good friend and am going to a bbq to pretend interest in watching the final Bledisloe  match.

Tried to chop the top of a finger off, but its all good, as it is the finger I tried to remove last time I slipped with a knife...and the previous nerve damage meant it didn't hurt anywhere near as much this time!!!!

#60 Caramel Latte

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hope you have more "strong" moments, Mumabug xox.

Thinking of you all xox

Edited by Caramel Latte, 23 October 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#61 key4

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Mamabug - How  are you going? How did the mediation go. I hope everything still civil between you and DH.

Dinojen - I had to laugh at your humour too. I hope the dietary changes don't put too much stress on you and you are part of the percentage of people who do not go onto to have any cancer.

Marsbar - have you had your little one yet? Hope you are well and if the little one has not arrived you are surviving the last few weeks ok.

Carmel Latte- Hope things looking up in your camp.

I am exhausted! I have just come off 3 12 hour shifts at work and between that and morning sickness there is nothing left in the tank. I am on call as well in 2 weeks I just pray there are not too many emergencies in the wee hours of the morning so I can sleep. Assuming that the littlest person in the home one day stops waking me 4 times a night!

To add to my stress we are in the midst of a massive building project. We have decided to renovate to give the kids a play space and build another bedroom at the rear of the house. We have a 5 bed home but one is right at the front and everyone else is at the rear and I can't imagine I would sleep well with one child up there so far away from everyone so that will remain the guest room.   The quotes came back at less than moving house as I don't have to alter the roof line so that was encouraging and I don't have to move!

Hoping that the council will approve the plans quickly so all over by march or april!

On the positive front I have now completed all requirements for my Masters and I have received my course completion confirmation. I was so worried about the last submission and they gave me a distinction! I could not have submitted any more revisions so I am very happy. I ran out of steam!

#62 Mynewname

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hi all,

Well done Key4, my DH is doing a masters at the minute. He finishes in december. Its hard work. Never mind doing it with children and a full time job.

Dino Jen - Glad you had a good holiday. Its nice to get away although I'm pretty much in the camp of same sh*t different place!

Mamabug - Good to hear from you. Glad you are doing ok....and that you have a contract. Well done.

And yes, MBS, thinking of you and hoping all is well.

AFM - Nothing much to report from here. DH finishes in Canberra soon and has just been told his next posting is Far North queensland . Its going to be an absolute nightmare as it's only for 12 months so really not worth us moving. In other news, Amy has kindy orientation on Monday. She can't wait. I can't believe she is starting school!

Hope everyone else is tracking ok.

Edited by jodownunder, 24 October 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#63 MarsBarSlice

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Key4 - Gosh you have so much going on, I admire how you juggle it all

Mamabug - Always here if you need to get stuff out

CL - What's the latest with Oreo?  Where are you up to with the FS?

DinoJen - Have you got the results yet?

JDU - That's a big decision to make, we are going to have to make it next year when DP's job finishes here. I'll be interested to hear what you do and how it works

FJ, TNMN, Shadowess and anyone else I've missed, how are you all going?  What's been happening?

AFM:  Well I'm definately on the countdown and a baby could be born at anytime.  I've been given an eviction date and booked for a c/s if I don't go into labour first.  It's pretty exciting now and I'm busting to find out what we are having.  Still no names.

We've been having problems with DS1 again and have decided to take him back to the gp for a referral to someone who can help us help him.  It makes me so sad and such a failure to see him the way he is and not be able to help him cope.

Anyway, it's been quiet in here for a long time now and it bothers me that something is wrong with everyone.  It would be great to get back to talking regularly, the good and the bad, the support I've had from all of you has carried me to the point I'm at today and I will never forget that.

Take care ladies, you are always in my thoughts

#64 Caramel Latte

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Other than quite a few nights of vomiting episodes, Oreo is doing relatively ok.

Edited by Caramel Latte, 28 October 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#65 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

That's been up long enough!

In other news Ted has decided to TT which is most annoying (he just keeps taking his pants and nappy off and widdling everywhere!)

As for you lot - MBS I am living vicariously through you and am ridiculously excited to find out the gender of your baby and also that you name it after your favorite dinosaur if it is pink ;)

I am thinking of you all and hopefully will be back to myself very soon :)

Edited by Dinosaurus, 27 October 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#66 MarsBarSlice

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

DinoJen - great to hear from you and that you are getting back on track.

As for my favourite Dinosaur, I probably wouldn't name the baby Dorothy, I'm not too keen on it.

As I hinted in my previous post, we have an appt with the gp to discuss DS1's behavioural issues, should have done this a long time ago but kept thinking he'll grow out it. We're looking at maybe a pead and counselling for him. It's really distressing and upsetting to see him the way he is and I feel like such a parent failure.

TT is a PITA!  That is all I have to say about it.

Glad your throat is ok, shame about the food elimination but at least there are still some good things on the list you can eat.

Funny you say that about the headaches cause I know that mine are a direct result of DS1's behaviour.

Hope to hear from you again soon :smile:

#67 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

MBS have you had a baby yet!!!

Bet you're not sick of that yet :)

Wedding planning, organising and buying is pretty annoying - I'm understanding why people get bridezilla. I have ordered our invitations and will go for the chocolate place cards to double as a bombomiere. Accommodation for the wedding party and family is booked, still haven't found a celebrant which could be a bit of a problem! Got a band, photographer - what else am I missing oh wise ladies?

Kids slept in the same room last night - fingers crossed!

#68 Mamabug

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

If memory serves, Dino, you need some kinda Gladrags to wear. And cake. Some people like flowers.

#69 Mamabug

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Um. You don't wear the cake. Wearing flowers is a personal choice.

#70 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Cake will be sorted. I am highly allergic to the entire living floral system so will skip the flowers in favour of more sequins :D

Hadya holliday yet? How are you? Xx

#71 Shadowess

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ummmmmm..... I've been busy......???

Currently in shock/denial with a tiny hint of excitement.... But more the former....

Attached Files

#72 MarsBarSlice

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Shadowess - firstly Hello and welcome back.  OMG congrats, how far along?

Edited by MarsBarSlice, 29 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#73 key4

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Ah Shadowess congrats and I had exactly the same feeling about 6 weeks ago mixed with shaking and vomiting all well now though! Once the "how the heck did this happen" wears off it is fine!

Mars bar so close

Dino I am pretty sure you have covered everything but it has been a very long time for me!

#74 Falala-llyjonk

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

Wow. Congratulations shadowess. All the best.

And with that, I am afraid I will have to bow out, at least for a while.

#75 Caramel Latte

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Congrats Shadowess!

Fillyjonk, xox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.