Turning Bub

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 April2608

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hi
Went to see the OB today, all is good and bub is growing well.
But he is spine to spine at the moment.
I'm told this happens reguarly these days due to our lifestyles and with moden lounges these day reclining and people being less active.

Ths is pretty much me to a tee. :smile:

OB said to turn him I should sit on a fit ball as that makes you have a good poisiton. My question is do I need to sit on the fit ball all the time, or just for so many hrs a day? If i do some time on the ball and some time in the lounge, does the lounge kill all benifit from the fit ball?

April

#2 b723

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

@ 38 weeks with DD, she was almost spine to spine - I used the spinning babies website ideas. Lots of sitting forward, on hands and knees and stuff for a day and she turned around. I was pretty uncomfortable for the day (trying to remeber to lean forward every time I sat etc), but I think I was also in labour without realising it. DD was born the next day and had turned from the posterior position.

Edited by b723, 02 October 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#3 newmummabear

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

I was told to sit leaning forward on the couch, in chairs etc, and if you're on the couch, lying down on your side rather than slouching back.

#4 AllyK81

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

I quit sitting on the couch about 10 weeks ago and now only sit on the fitball. It's much more comfortable for my pelvis and easier to get up! I also do two preggie bellies classes a week on the ball.

DS has been head down and ready to go since 28 weeks so I don't know if this had anything to do with it. But I'd say bounce on it as much as you can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.