Something special with DP before baby is born

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tranter

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm wondering if anyone if planning something special with their DP before their baby is due?

I'd love to organise something but I'm stuck for ideas.  Can only think of things that we would have done together pre-pregnancy i.e. wine, cheese, bike riding... clearly not appropriate!

#2 citylife

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Gold Class
Dinner at a fancy resturant
Live show
Drive and picnic in the hills
Movie night in hire some DVD's make popcorn, beer for him mocktail for you and enjoy the last of your sleep ins together

#3 Brighter future

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Dirty weekend away...:p
(but that's probably what got you into that situation in the first place.....lol....:).....)

#4 JomoMum

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

We're going to spend a night in the hunter valley in two weeks' time. Booked a lovely suite at a looooovely hotel. We have a few spa treatments booked, plan on going swimming and walking a bit, ordering room service, buffet brekky etc.

I can't wait!!!

#5 Tranter

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

citylife,  I love your ideas and think I could make this into a few special things.  Thanks!

Rumplestiltskin, LOL!  Seriously, I almost spilled tea all over the computer!  I know he would LOVE your idea :thumbs:

Goodwitch, we are in the Yarra Valley so you have me looking up places to stay that are close to spas as well.  He's never had a massage but I think he'd be keen.  Enjoy your Hunter Valley pampering!

#6 gc_melody

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Maybe a quiet brunch somewhere relaxing Tranter.
I gave DH a necklace with an ingot with DS's fingerprint after the birth with a card from DS and myself thanking him for being such a wonderful Dad and DH who cared for both of us during pregnancy.

#7 citylife

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

You are most welcome Tranter! Enjoy whatever fun you plan and all the best with with the arrival of your beautiful bubba!

#8 bree18

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

We have a one night dirty weekend planned! With a massage, a nice dinner and breakfast etc. Cheese and wine for him, i wish i could have it! Hoping to go on another date or two before baby arrives too but that will depend on babysitters etc.

Edited by bree18, 03 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#9 Lilymag

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

We're just planning on having a nice meal out this weekend - it's something we don't do very often as we're both homebodies and love to cook, but I have a big urge to go to this restaurant I really like. It's a real pain to get to, so I don't see us going for quite a while after the girls arrive - this is like a last hurrah!

As for weekend away that's out for us, carrying twins I am just too big, uncomfortable and frankly I hardly get any sleep at all so I'm keen to stay in my own bed as long as possible! I don't think either of us would find it relaxing to go away at this stage so we'll have to give it a miss unfortunately :(

#10 Tranter

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

gc_melody, your ingot and card for your DH got me teary.  How beautiful.  :hugs:

bree, I hope your baby sitter works out so that you have more than one lovely night away before the baby arrives.

lilymag, sounds like you have it all under control even if going away doesn't suit, a meal can be enjoyable in so many different ways.

We've decided to do many little and varied things before our baby arrives.  Friday night was DVD's and popcorn (thanks citylife!), yesterday was lunch at a yum cha restaurant.  Emphasis on the yum!  Next weekend will be dinner at a lovely and local restaurant with a massage afterwards.  Of course, with lots of sleep ins and afternoon naps wherever possible! :sleep:

#11 bree18

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Tranter that sounds perfect. :)

#12 gc_melody

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

I'm with Bree, your plan sounds perfect.

The ingot is beautiful and I wish I'd gotten one for myself now. Dh loves it and he isn't a jewellery person but wears it often. Once this little one arrives, I'll look into having a two sided one made with both kids fingerprints and birthdates on it. One for DH and one for me :-)

Enjoy your couple time with DH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.