I HAVE AN INDUCTION DATE!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 corenmh-ma24

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi everyone. :waves:

I don't post in here much, but I regularly pop in and read up. I'm also not part of the Facebook group, but I wanted to share my exciting news!

Saw the obstetrician yesterday at 36+2 and we agreed on a date for induction!

My due date is November 5. If bub doesn't come before hand, I will be induced on Tuesday, October 29 at 39 weeks! 17 days to go.

I can't wait to meet this little man and have him in my arms.

This is baby no. 5 for me, but, sadly, my last bub, Jacob, passed away when he was 30 hours old. While doctors have assured us and we are feeling confident that this bub is perfect and healthy in every way, I have fears of something going wrong in these last few weeks and/or during labour.

The hospital maternity staff have been very good at listening to me, understanding where I am coming from and agreeing to how and when I want to give birth so that my anxiety is minimised as much as possible.

Thankfully my body responds well to induction. My last 3 births have all been inductions somewhere between 38 & 39 weeks with just ARM and contractions have started straight away with bub being born after 5, 3 & 3 1/2 hours.

So I hope that the next 2 and a bit weeks fly by and I can finally hold this baby and ease the longing....

Anyone else talking inductions with their care givers and have a date set?

#2 April2608

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

oh wow how exciting for you. :excite:
I think the hard part now is the waiting and not knowing. My bub is still not engaged yet, so we are a while off, although I'm responding to you at 5am as i haved been awake half the night with BH :smile:
I'm really lookng forward to hearing your news in 17 days.

Good luck and i hope having this date reduces your worries.

April

#3 Wishing2011

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Best of luck! That isn't far off and is very exciting!!

#4 clrw

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Awesome. Wishing you all the best!!

#5 corenmh-ma24

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Thank you ladies for the positive responses.

April2608, I'm really noticing the BH this time. They are very regular and very noticeable. I'm hoping that they are helping to make things favourable for the induction. Having lots of period like cramping as well.

#6 bree18

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

How exciting having a date. I hope the time goes quickly for you.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss if your son Jacob and I'm glad the maternity staff at your hospital have been so understanding of your wishes for how the birth happens.

It doesn't compare to what you have been through but I am waiting on an induction date due to my last birth being traumatic for me. Knowing ill be induced at around 38 weeks is very reassuring for me. I've got about 4.5 weeks to go until 38 weeks. Can't wait to meet my little man either!

#7 Lilymag

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Edited by Lilymag, 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#8 erinmac

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Great to hear you have an induction date set! Whilst I could never imagine what you must have gone through with Jacob, I can see how you would be getting stressed up to the lead up to this birth.

I wish you all the best with it and look forward to hearing about your new bundle of joy!

#9 corenmh-ma24

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thank you also bree18, Lilymag and erinmac.

I really appreciate your kind words and support.

Two weeks to go and so far so good!

i worked myself up a little bit on Sunday, convinced that bub's movements had slowed down. Told myself that I would go in and get some monitoring on Monday, just to make sure that all was okay.

Monday morning came around and thankfully bub was very active and moving lots. It reasured me that everything was fine.

Have a midwife appointment this Thursday to check on everything and then an obstetrician appt the next Thursday where they will perform an internal to see how favourable I am.

The next 2 weeks can't go fast enough. I am kind of hoping that I go into labour before then just because I am so impatient.

#10 flyingfree

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Just thinking of you Coren and thought I would stalk you to see how you are going.
Wishing you the best of luck over the following weeks as you look foreard to the arrival of your precious baby, I am sure jacob will be watching over you both xxx

#11 corenmh-ma24

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thank you Mandy. I'm doing well considering. 10 days to go till exit date!

Jacob is never far from my mind.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

Hope you are doing okay. Cyber hugs to you.

#12 flyingfree

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow as you welcome your rainbow baby into the world Coren :heart:

#13 corenmh-ma24

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Thank you Mandy.

Head into hospital in about 1/2 an hour.

Very excited and very nervous. Can't wait to meet this little man face to face!

#14 corenmh-ma24

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Just an update.

Induction went well and Bailey Reuben arrived safely at 2:30pm.

This mumma is absolutely besotted. :love:

Thank you pp's for your kind words and thoughts. :smile:

#15 clrw

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

Welcome Bailey. Hope you had a good first night on the outside!

#16 Milano

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

Congratulations corenmh-ma24 and welcome to baby Bailey. Hope you are both doing well.

#17 bree18

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Bailey! Glad everything went well for you, enjoy getting to know your baby boy.

#18 flyingfree

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Congratulations Coren

I am so happy Bailey is safe in your arms :love:

#19 corenmh-ma24

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Thank you Mandy, bree18, Milano and clrw.

Bailey is 6 days old now and doing really well. Feeding well, sleeping well and doing everything he should be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.