9yo girl birthday help!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 EssentialBludger

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

I am so so so so so sooooo stuck for DD's birthday this year. She's not into anything, hasn't asked for anything, and has everything!

She's getting a new scooter for Christmas. We have a trampoline and bikes and all the outdoorsy stuff. She has a laptop, an ipod touch, a Wii and a DSi so is set for technology.

She has an abundance of arts and crafts and stationary.

She absolutely LOVES LOVES LOVES (I really cannot exaggerate that enough LOL) SpongeBob Squarepants, but has all the DVD's and knick-knacky type stuff, and I can't find anything "really really cool" IYKWIM?

We live in Perth, where "experience" type stuff is pretty boring and done to death.

HELP!!

#2 Ianthe

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

My daughter has just turned 9 and she got a new bike and a swimming costume. She also went pony riding with a friend for 3 hours in lieu of a party.

#3 seemingly

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

If she loves SpongeBob, why not make some Krabby Patties together for the birthday lunch/dinner and look into bubble-blowing machines/toys just for fun for the day outside. Alternatively, butterfly (jellyfish) catching with nets (nearby botanical gardens?).

#4 2bundles

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

SpongeBob bedding?
A pet? (Obviously a lot of consideration for this one)
A Girly day of hair, makeup, nails.
Pool toys
Desk

#5 Foogle

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

SpongeBob Lego?

BTTW Link

#6 hills mum bec

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

For christmas my DD9 is getting the Disney Infinity game for the Wii.  How about a camera?  We just gave our DD our old digital camera after upgrading our & she loves it.  You could buy her some editing software for her laptop & maybe some scrapbooking stuff.

#7 SisterMaryElephant

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostFoogle, on 18 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

SpongeBob Lego?

BTTW Link
Just what I was going to suggest.  This one?

#8 EssentialBludger

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Ooooh, SpongeBob lego is an awesome idea!

#9 Julie3Girls

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Camera is high on the list for my DD turning 10. Top of the list is a horse .. .umm, so not going to happen :lol:

Depends on whether you want a big gift, or are happy with smaller stuff.

For my DD1's 11th, I made up a basket of stuff. New book, pretty tshirt, some bits and pieces of makeup, nail polish and hair things, iTunes card, a cute little googly eye teddy .. mmm, can't remember if there was anything else in there.

Some things I wrapped individually, others I left unwrapped. Put it all in a basket, with a pretty ribbon and some balloons tied to it.
She absolutely LOVED it, and it was a way of combining the easy to buy little things into one decent great present.

#10 EssentialBludger

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Doesn't have to be something big at all. There's nothing "big" she wants or needs really. I've just always had an idea for one perfect gift in previous years, that I know she'll love.

#11 ~KK77~

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I always tell my kids that homemade burgers are krabby patties lol

#12 lucky 2

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I had a similar issue with dd turning 9 recently.
She ended up with a soft toy (Boo), lots of lego, books, pj's, 2 dresses, new texta's, a lockable diary, dvd's (the early Harry Potter), cross word puzzles (she has a thing for them) and a trip interstate. Plus a play date with some other girls tba at some point in the near future.
No big ticket items and the trip worked because I needed to be interstate at the time. She has everything and more that she could possibly want or need.

#13 katei

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

What about a gopro or cheaper equivalent?  We are getting them for our boys this year (cheaper ones) so they can put them on their bikes/helmets etc.

#14 Jenno

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

How about tickets to a show?

#15 Therese

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Spongebob lego was a hit with my Spongebob loving daughter :)

#16 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Some ideas:

A telescope?
A sewing machine and some pretty material and cotton and easy patterns?
Hair crimper/curler/straightener/hair dryer?
Roller skates?
Digital camera?
Chemistry set?
Magazine subscription to something she is interested in?
Disco lamp for her room?
Karaoke?
Chess set?
Cross stitch kit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.