JFK:The Smoking Gun SBS tonight

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Feral Becky

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

http://www.sbs.com.au/thesmokinggun/

Will be interesting to watch tonight but I say BS. As another article claimed there are a lot of people who claim to know who really killed JF Kennedy and they can't all be right
http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1504188

This one sounds wrong to me as I doubt Secret Service snipers discharge their guns accidentally, nor is it likely that a whole lot off SS men were out on the p*ss the night before (apart from the one who killed JFK)
I think someone wanted him gone, I am not sure who but I don't think it was Lee Harvey Oswald.

Will be an interesting watch anyway, especially after I saw "The Butler" on Friday.

WDYT?

Edited by Becky Thatcher, 03 November 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#2 Clever Bunny

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

I have no idea who did it but I do not think it was Oswald, either. I think he was a convenient scapegoat for a darker conspiracy.

Thanks for flagging the doco, I'll be watching!

#3 Lozza007

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Disappointing and misleading.  The so called Aussie detective is a joke.  Why was everybody running up to the Grassy Knoll if the shot was fired from the Secret Service car.

No witnesses in 50 years have ever alleged that shots came from the secret service car.

Senator Yarborough, a strong Kennedy supporter has never stated that any shots were fired from the SS Car, and he was in the car directly behind the SS Car.

It's well documented how the SS removed protection from Kennedy, and set him up for the kill by slowing the car right down by making it take a 120 degree turn, which is against SS policy.

The SS did not shoot him on purpose or accidentally.  But they were complicit in his murder and cover up of the facts.  
Detective Mclaren ignored too many other facts, and made a mockery of the serious business of trying to put the blame where it truly lies, the CIA.  

I hope SBS's other Kennedy Docos are a lot better than this one.  As one who has read a lot about this, it infuriates me to see garbage like this, because it misleads those who know little or nothing about this Assassination.

And I am sick of these shows saying Oswald fired the shots. Why don't they just say allegedly fired the shots, as there has never been any hard proof that he even fired a gun on that day.

#4 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostBreast in Show, on 04 November 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

I the only wife that's told her husband if you cheat on me the only way you're leaving is in a box?
Not married but its a line ive used :ninja:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.