Post baby diet, exercise and weight loss

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 PattiODoors

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

Weighed in..
From 59.1kg to.............. drum roll..............
....................58.8kg.

All this calorie counting for .3 of a feckety bollocky kilo.

Nevermind... at least it's not .3 the other way.

Have a lovely day ladies x

#52 purple_daisy

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hayzee a loss is a loss, I think you should be very proud as you are pretty light already so I imagine it would be difficult to drop the larger numbers that a heavier person my size (in the 70s) could do. What is your goal weight? You must be pretty close?

I'm pretty blown away with some of the great losses in just a week for you ladies. I'm excited if I drop more than a kilo in the month (based 80% on my dairy free diet and 20% on light and incidental exercise) so I think everyone is doing so well!

Question: For those who recently had bubs, how are you measuring the amount you've lost? I was
- 76 pre-bub,
- 92 at end of pg
- 82 when I left hospital
- 75 by the 4 month mark (I'm fortunate to lose weight from BFing) and it continued going down regardless of what I was eating but it was around this time I started to go on some walks.
So if this was you, where would you put the starting point for weightloss? At the pre-bub weight? Take it at the day I decided to actively try to lose weight?

#53 PattiODoors

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Ah thanks for the support Purple Daisy. And your signature always makes me smile.. what a beautiful baby.

My goal weight is 52kg but I'm aiming for 54kg by Christmas.

I was 48-52kg before my first, got back to 54kg, then became pregnant with my second. That was 11 months later after having my first.
Both pregnancies I was exactly 69.9kg the day I gave birth!

I'm a real shorty ( a shade over 5')  so every little bit of weight shows. I'm currently carrying it around my middle mainly.
Also I've had a lot of spinal surgery and my surgeon always said to keep myself trim and fit with good core strength to lessen the strain on my back. I do notice that the extra kilos do make a difference to my movement and lower back discomfort.
I had a lot of trouble at the end of my pregnancies but I knew that it would be resolved once I'd had the babies.

Ah well, I do feel better for eating better so I'll keep at it.

#54 blueone

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hayzee my stats are very similar to yours! how  many calories/day are you doing?

Also a shorty 5'3 with a pre pre preg weight of about 48kg, conceived at 52kg, 66kg before giving birth and now 6 months later stuck at 55.5kg. completely stuck.

Breastfeeding never helped me lose weight so it has come with calorie counting and cutting carbs but just can't shift the last 3.5
kg.

Also carrying weight around my middle which of course is the worst place for it!

Goal weight is 52kg, Goal Xmas weight is 53kg

#55 SFML

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Congrats Hayzee, and yep completely understand you'd like a bigger drop but hey it is a drop which is fabulous.  Also slower drops are supposed to stay off better apparently.

Purple I think we're quite similar.  I'm 5'8" and 72kg pre pregnancy, 89kg at birth and stopped losing weight a couple of months post birth to stay at 78kg.  I'm taking my start weight at 78kg and 1st target is 72kg and longer target is 65kg.  I'd just take your weight as at now for you and set your goals, two is good - something realistic and something you'd really like.

Hayzee and Bloobell being taller doesn't help me hide the large roll around my middle ;-)

Just need to stick with it for a few months - would love to reach my pre pregnancy weight by Christmas though!

#56 PattiODoors

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks SMFL!

Bloobel, my calorie goal is 1200kcal per day. I'm doing My Fitness Pal with Purple_Daisy.

#57 purple_daisy

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

Hi Ladies how was everyone's weekends? Ours was packed full of social activities which was nice for a change, but tiring too. Good news is that despite lots of eating over the past fortnight for parties/Christmas gatherings I weighed in and still managed to lose 2.2kg this month which I am really pleased about. Given I am BFing I don't want to lose more than 0.5 per week so that number is perfect for me.

I'm now just 1.5kg away from my Christmas goal and 4.5kg above my long term goal that I am hoping to achieve in the next 6 months (to be pleased with how I look in DD's 1st birthday pictures this time around). It is all feeling very do-able.

Also if anyone had been considering joining fernwood, I saw some advertising that they have a "3 day sale" on from today until Wednesday and it said "big savings" and they have a nation wide open day on Wednesday at all their gyms. I have been toying with the idea of joining a gym this month but cost is a bit of a concern so I might have to go along and check out what they are offering. DH said if I like the look of their gym and crèche I should just sign up for a membership and it will be my Christmas present.

#58 SFML

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

Nice weigh in purple!  Only 1.5 til Christmas - that definitely seems achievable for you given how you have been tracking.  Fingers crossed it keeps coming off slow and steady for you.

How is everyone else doing?  We've all gone a little quiet - me included.  I had a few outings last week so was a bit worried as to how I would still be progressing this week for my weigh in day.  Thursday was a work lunch although I resisted the temptation of the roast duck spring rolls.  Saturday hubby and I were out for lunch and I was well behaved just having a salad bu over indulged in too many glasses of wine Saturday night and Sunday was lunch at a friends inc. yummy cheeses and pate, mmm....  

I did have the slender pasta for dinner last night and that is a darn good pasta substitue for me.  Really enjoyed it!  Removes the guilt of my Parmesan cheese on top :)

Da da da daaahhhhhh:  down 1.2kg this week.  
So for me that's 2.5 weeks and 2.6kg down.  If I can stay on track like this (or even drop to a half kg per week) I too should be on track for my first goal by Christmas.  

Happy Wednesday everyone :)

Ps - still starving!

Edited by SFML, 27 November 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#59 PattiODoors

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

hello ladies!
We have been quiet!

Congratulations SMFL on the 2.6kg weightloss. That is awesome.
I've been meaning to try that slender pasta, so it's ok then?

Nothing much happening here. I've got bored of MFP but I'm still counting calories.
Weight still 58.8kg this morning.

Funny thing happened, I was pushing my two kidlets in the double stroller. We did a great big walk followed by a picnic and a great big walk home.
Anyway, it was bloody harder work than normal, my 18mo DS weighs only 2kg lighter than my 3yo DD and even when DD jumped out to walk it was still hard. The next day my arms and my abs were aching like I'd had a good work out.
Next day, DP took the kids out in the stroller, came back and asked how long the tyres had been flat!
No wonder it was hard work but hey, it was a kind of work out!

Lots of work parties coming up for me... arghhhh... all that lovely food and drink.
I love, love, love nibbly food. I can pick all day.

Trouble is as my dear old nanna used say "Little pickers wear bigger knickers".

Happy thursday all!

#60 purple_daisy

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

SFML that is a fantastic result, well done! I hope you can keep it up and meet your Christmas goal! I figure if we can get to our Christmas goals it should be much easier in January as all the parties are over and everyone gets into healthy resolution mode.

Hayzee I wondered where you had gone on MFP. I think I need to get more friends there to keep me motivated. During the last weightloss challenge I had about 10 friends and it was really supportive. Had to laugh at you pushing the pram with flat tyres, no wonder it was so hard! That is totally the sort of thing I would do :)

AFM I had a bit of a blooper today - went into a tailspin over something that upset me and ate most of a family sized packet of chips. I didn't even really like them, and felt so bloated and dehydrated from the salt, but it highlighted my comfort eating issues. I'm now talking to DH about this and getting him on board with strategies to help me avoid comfort eating.

I found this cool blog from a lady in the US who talks about how she exercises as a mum with a 2 yo and bub. She also discusses running while breastfeeding: http://www.runnerstrials.com/baby/ hope this link works.

I checked out a couple of gyms nearby but have decided against them as the childcare prices are steep and you only get 75 minutes care at a time, you aren't guaranteed to get your child in on a day/time you want and it is very difficult to get in during any of the time slots when classes are run, and they only take 2 babies at a time so you might only get one or two slots a week if you go for the unpopular times. Then if your child is unsettled they come get you. It felt like a lot of $$$ for a membership if I could only go maybe once or twice a week, not necessarily get to take any of the classes I wanted and could end up spending the time settling DD anyway. So I'm going to stick with walking the 7km track near my place and walking with the family on weekends.

#61 PattiODoors

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Purple, I will get back on MFP. I will, I will, I will.
I do find my calories slip a bit if I'm not totally watching and counting.

Hopeless day today. Workmate brought in deluxe dark chocolate covered blueberries and some lovely balsamic vinegar and sea salt crisps....

#62 SFML

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thanks purple and Hayzee. Here's to us all keeping on track and enjoying Christmas more!  Hayzee even staying the same is sooo much better than a gain

Hayzee and purple I think we all slip but the trick is to just accept the slip and get back on board.  If we don't indulge now and then I think we're more likely to just give in altogether - my view on it anyway to keep me motivated each time I slip.

I started thanksgiving prep today so didn't have my snacks or dinner as I "tested" so much pumpkin pie cupcake and key lime pie mix I've probably completely done my dash on calories for the day.  Come Saturday when we have everyone here it will be out the window altogether but I've already accepted that.

The gym does sound a lot of cash for non guarantee.  Walking really isn't bad, you're still moving and the little ones usually seem to love being out and about too so a good awake activity. I only manage the actual exercise workouts 2 or 3 times a week but try to walk 3 or 4 other days.  Of course walking is probably a more effective workout with flat tyres... ;-)

Edited by SFML, 28 November 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#63 purple_daisy

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi ladies sorry to love you and leave you but I have joined the summer weightloss/fitness challenge over in the health and fitness area of EB. So far they have about 20 people who have joined so it looks like there will be lots of tips/encouragement/advice flowing each day.
I will still touch base here, but maybe some of you might like to come over and join me?? All shapes and sizes are joining so don't feel self conscious.
PD.

#64 SFML

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

View Posthayzee fantayzee, on 21 November 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

.3 of a feckety bollocky kilo.

I had one of these weeks last week but expected it - thanksgiving on the weekend and one small serving of corn casserole is 300cals!  Thoroughly enjoyed myself and drank waaaaay too much wine.  I did expect no loss or even a gain for all the over indulgence so happy with a small loss of 300gm

Bye purple.  Chat to you in our mothers group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.