Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Tranter

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hi Ladies,

clrw, congratulations on the arrival of your precious little girl.  Lucca is such a lovely name.  12 days overdue!  Wow, that would have pushed my patience limit.  I bet the S&S and the crazy 4.5 kg prediction are a distant memory now she's here. The cord risk would have been scary though :fear: Great to hear the BF'ing is going well.

Bree, thanks for sharing your story.  It's great to hear you're feeling positive about how everything went.  Keep up the pain killers.  They make you feel like you're doing well, until you stop taking them.  Then it takes quite a while for them to kick in again which ends up tiring you out.  I was surprised I still needed panadol and neurofen three weeks later and I had an elective caesar so please take care of yourself.  Hope you're enjoying lots of cuddle time.

Milano, it will be your time soon.  Maybe even as I type this! :D  I think with you being the last of our little group means that you get to read all about everyone's journeys and so are armed with a bucket load of knowledge when your big day comes.  Did I put a positive spin on your wait?  I hope so!  

Oh I thought I might add that my snoring was epic towards the end of my pregnancy :blush:  I even brought earplugs in for my hospital room mate.  DH didn't miss that part of me not being home.  Luckily like so many of the pregnancy niggles and gripes, it pretty much went once Elizabeth was born.

Hi everyone else.  Hope you're snuggling your babies.

AFM, BF'ing has been interesting in that I thought too much milk could not be a bad thing.  My poor DD chokes and coughs with my "fire hydrants", only takes 5 mins to feed and then takes an hour to burp out the air she gulps down when feeding.  All the while arching her little back and looking very uncomfortable.  We're seeing our second lactation consultant on Monday to see what else we can do differently.  Fingers crossed they offer me something new as I am about to give up and resort to the bottle. :(

#3 bree18

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Clrw- congratulations to you and your DP and DS. Lucca is a beautiful name. It just have been very exciting finding out the sex at birth.

Milano- it won't be long now. Sending you spontaneous labour vibes. Enjoy your last few days before the birth.

Tranter- you are right about keeping up the medication. This afternoon I thought I would only need Panadol so didn't take anything else, but a couple of hours after I should have taken my other medication boy could I feel it. And it has taken longer to act now that I've taken it. I keep feeling like I've stretched my wound area too much but I know after a week it's probably fairly well healed unless I did something silly like lift anything heavy. It's frustrating not being able to lift my DD out of the cot when she wakes. I think I will need to buy her a bed as DH only has another week off and I won't be able to lift her then.

Hi to everyone else, hope you and your babies are doing well.

AFM- I am exhausted. DS sleeps during the day but at night he cries if we put him into the bassinett. We have been awake until about 3.30 each night since coming home. My DD2 is also very challenging and is refusing to do anything she is asked. It is very tiring bu we understand that it must be very hard for her. DS has had jaundice and it beginning to go away now but makes him so sleepy. It makes feeding hard as he is always falling asleep. I was worried he wasn't drinking enough but he has put on weight and is 100g away from his birth weight.

Edited by bree18, 21 November 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#4 clrw

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hi all,

Milano -hang in there. In the moments when I got the most impatient I would repeat things like "My baby will decide it's birthday" and "I trust my body" in my head to keep positive.

Bree - we may be heading for the same sleep pattern. You forget it takes them awhile to work out day/night. As I said to the visiting MW today toddlers are all about routine, it feels weird to go with the flow...

Tranter - I'm sorry about your supply issues. It must be very hard to see your baby in pain and unsettled after feeds. I hope the LC can help.

I'm also a bit worried about DP going back to work. I've got mum here until next Wed but it would be great to have DP for a few days after that. She has asked work if it's ok and is just waiting to hear.

All still good here. Milk coming in properly and trying to get a good BF rhythm going. Lucca seems to have it down and Mumma is catching up. Total feeding frenzy here last night. I was feeding until 6am. Hoping for more sleep tonight ;)

#5 bree18

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Clrw- you are right, toddlers are all about routine and newborns you just have to follow them mostly. We had a slightly better night last night. Only awake until 2. Then some sleep until 3.30 then another stretch until 6. The thing that was different about last night is that DS was happy in between feeds to lie in his cot kicking his feet happily most if the time, except for the five nappy changes! Eventually they will work out day and night!
I'm nervous about my DO going back to work too. My mum has time off for 10 days after that but she can't be here the whole time DH is at work, hopefully my toddler will have settled down a bit by then and ill just wait until mum is here to shower.

Edited by bree18, 22 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#6 clrw

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Ha ha. Bit of perfume behind the ears Bree. Noone will know :)

#7 Milano

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hi ladies,

Tranter - thanks, yes I guess that is a positive on me being last. I certainly have learnt a lot from hearing all of your birth stories. Hope your appointment with the lactation consultant goes well and BF gets better for you soon.

Bree - wow that all sounds very exhausting. I don't know how you do it. Hope you are able to get some rest during the day. Glad your mum is able to help out a little and I'm sure it will be easier but hugs to you.

Clrw - thanks, I am trying to keep positive. I was just really hoping to go naturally after everything I've been through to get here. But what will be will be. Glad BF is going well for you.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM, my OB has changed my induction date to Monday! Wow so close now. But I really, really, really hope I go naturally over the weekend. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.

Not long now and ill be able to join you all on chats about sleepless nights and feeding issues.

Milano x

#8 clrw

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

I completely understand Milano. I felt exactly the same. You spend 9 months visualizing your birth experience and getting yourself in the right headspace. I just negotiated to keep as many elements of those preferences as possible. Xxxx

#9 Tranter

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hi ladies,

Bree, I hope you're looking after yourself and not trying to do too much.

clrw, Lucca still feeding like a little champion? How's your recovery going?

And Milano, sending you lots of spontaneous labour vibes and imagining that you're already holding your precious newborn and getting lots of cuddles. The lack of sleep is tough but so worth it for the prize.

Hi everyone else.

AFM, just early morning musings how lucky we all are to be on this motherhood journey. It could be the hormones but I'm feeling so very blessed to be a Mum.

#10 Milano

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Oh what a lovely post Tranter! I'm glad you are feeling so happy.

AFM, still pregnant here! 41+1 today. Unless something happens in the next 24 hours ill be heading down the induction path.......

#11 gc_melody

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi Ladies,

clrw - Congratulations on the birth of Lucca ! What a beautiful name, I love it ! I hope you're doing ok and Lucca is feeding well. You sound like you dealt with your labour fabulously.

Milano - All the best for tomorrow. I'm thinking of you and sending beautiful clam birthing vibes your way. Enjoy every moment and I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

Tranter - yes, we are so very, very lucky to be here aren't we? Glad you're doing ok too.

Bree - I'll post a proper reply later when I have more than a few moments to spare. My DS is having similar issues to your DD adjusting. It's tiring isn't it?

Hi everyone else. I hope you're getting enough rest and feeding is going well.

AFM - We've been back in hospital which is why I've been offline. DD got quite ill at 2wks old with high temps and a squirty bottom. Drs thought she had meningitis which almost unravelled me but thankfully it wasn't and she's on the mend now. I'll post more once I get a few moments to spare. Just wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you.
xx

#12 clrw

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi all,

Tranter - still feeding like a demon. No complaints as it's mostly in the morning and evening so I'm getting a decent night sleep.

Milano - I hope you are keeping as comfie and positive as possible. Thinking happy labour thoughts for you.

We hijacked our monthly Rainbow Family picnic day to celebrate DSs 2nd birthday today. Just a bit of food, a cake and singing happy birthday along with the usual festivities. Was lovely. Feeling a bit pooped now though. Dad leaves in the morning though so the pace will slow down a bit. Mum is happy enough to read to DS and stare at DD all day :)

When the very special last IVF'er bub decides to be born we should all post a pic of our bubs before moving to the Nov 2013 parents thread?!

#13 Tranter

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

What a great idea, clrw.

Milano, you can be the first to post.

Tranter xo

#14 bree18

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Good luck for a spontaneous labour tonight Milano, otherwise I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you get to meet your precious baby.

#15 clrw

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

Let's be getting you a baby Milano!! Please post news quickly :)

#16 gc_melody

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm stalking for news :-)

How are you all? We're finally on the mend and trying to find a rhythm as a family of four. Mum has been a great help but I it's been hard watching how she struggles physically to do much. I guess this is one of the downsides of being an older parent...your parents are older too and slowing up some. I am very grateful for the extra set of hands and when DD and I were in hospital again, a godsend as DH was away for work.

Milano - I'm hoping you are enjoying meeting your little one as I type. I'm hoping all went well and both you and bub have come through ok.

clrw - it's so good to hear your feeding is going well. Are you finding your little one is cluster feeding? The afternoons around the dinner/bath rush and wee hours of the morning seem to be the time DD just wants to feed and feed. I have noticed a huge difference in the past two nights in that instead of three hours she's down to maybe two hours each cluster feed. How's your DS adjusting? Are you having any moments? How's the activity box working out? Mine hasn't been that successful so far.

bree - it is pretty busy with a toddler who's adjusting isn't it? I feel really tired too and craving some space to call my own and do nothing and speak to no-one. I'd be happy with half an hour at this stage. I'm nervous about Mum leaving. She leaves in several days and I'm on my own then. I'm trying to plan and had an idea to pack both kids and go for a walk but it's been hard working out when DD wants to feed and demand feeding makes it hard to plan around. Have you thought of any ideas ? I might use yours if you have.

tranter - I hadn't thought of oversupply issues. I've only had under supply problems. What did the LC have to say? I really hope she/he was able to give you some workable tips to manage your 'hydrants' (love that term) :-) Hoping you're doing ok otherwise.

Andi, Slappy, April, how are you three doing?

#17 clrw

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hi GC,

Stalking too ;)

I'm really sorry, I must have had a "mummy" look at the posts last time and missed the part about your bub being sick. I'm soo glad it wasn't meningitis. You must have Bern frantic with worry!

Yes we get cluster feeding. Soon after waking and in the evening. It's meaning only one wake up overnight for an hour-ish. If that lasts for awhile I'm very happy. I know not to be cocky though... Things can change in the blink of an eye.

Definitely having some moments with DS. challenging attention seeking behavior. I've got mum here distracting him until Wednesday and he is still in daycare 5 days until Christmas break so we will cope. I realized I didn't need to put together a distraction box for breastfeeding because he is in daycare FT. By the time I will have both kids alone for two days in the NY bub will be much more efficient so I'm going to see how we go at the time.

Cruising pretty well but might need an early night :)

#18 April2608

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hi how is everyone.
MILANO how are things going? Looking forward to your news soon.

CLRW I'm looking forward to seeing pics of all our beautiful IVF bubs.

BF we are 60/40. 60% of the time all goes well i'm pain free and really enjoy bf. 40% we struggle, and I really don't know what the difference is and why we struggle. I'm seeing a Mother Care Consultant today, hopefully that will sort any issues.
Bub does cluster feed, also generally mornings and night, but we did have a really bad night on Saturday were we only slept 2 hrs and fed the rest. It's when  we have the marathon feeds that my boobs hurt the most. But I have found riteaide hydrogel to be a god send, if you have problems with nipple pain get these.

April

#19 Milano

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hi ladies

My little boy James Lachlan arrived this morning at 2.55am weighing in at 3.7kg. He is perfect!

The labour however was VERY tough.

I was induced and started off with waters broken then put on the drip. I had to have constant monitoring so couldn't walk around or shower which was hard. It was a slow process and I lasted 11 hours without pain relief, just the tens machine which was great. After 11 hours I was only 4cms and contractions were getting really painful. I tried the gas and air which made me vomit! So
I opted for a light epi as I was so tired and needed a break. I could still feel pressure and my legs which was good. I was told it could be another 6 hours so I tried to get some rest but after 3 hours I felt intense pressure and I was 10cms! I pushed for an hour and there was progress but not enough and bubs heart rate started to drop so my OB suggested forceps.

I agreed and two pushes later he was out! I was in shock and in pain. I had 3rd degree tears on my perineum, anus and internally, as well as a massive bleed. I was rushed to theatre for surgery and was gone for 2 hours! It was very tough and very painful. The recovery is going to be long! But, no pain no gain and I have my beautiful little boy today and he is perfect!

DH and I are smitten.

I haven't slept at all since Sunday night so I'm exhausted but I don't care!

I haven't had any luck breast feeding yet. I haven't even produced any colostrum but I will persevere.

Hope you are all well and I'll respond to personals soon.Attached File  image.jpg   146.73K   50 downloads

#20 gc_melody

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Oh my Milano - little James is worth the wait ! He is just beautiful ! Congratulations :-) James is such a classic name, I love it.

It sounds like you did amazingly well with a tough labour. I think you are amazing. I'm sorry to hear that you had a third degree tear. I only narrowly missed mine being third degree and thought second degree was painful enough. Keep up with the meds for pain relief (I was able to use Nurofen and Panadol alternating and found this to give me decent effect). Ice packs in your undies also work a treat. It sounds gross but it works well. Third day was the most uncomfortable and then things slowly started to get better. I hope this holds true for you too.

I hope you manage to get some sleep and proper rest soon. Enjoy those beautiful newborn cuddles. Yay !

#21 bree18

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Milano, congratulations he is just gorgeous! Worth every minute of your journey to have him in your arms :) Enjoy your first few days of being a mummy. Get lots of rest while you are in hospital and hopefully you have help when you go home.

Sorry to hear that you had what sounds like a very tough birth experience. I really hope things go smoothly for you now. Make sure you are very consistent with pain relief, it makes a big difference. That includes when you go home. I know with my second degree year I continued voltarin rapid and Panadol for about a week after I got home. If what they give you doesn't feel enough tell the midwives/OB. It will make a big difference to your recovery keeping the pain under control.
Another day I will PM you some details of a fantastic pelvic floor physio who is very experienced in Eastern suburbs of Melbourne if you are in that area. She is also a lactation consultant.
ETA: I used Lactulose to keep my bowel movements soft after the last birth. It's a super sweet liquid that works pretty well. I also agree with Clrw about lying in your side, and lying diwn very often to take the pressure off. In regards to the breast feeding, I found that after DS's birth he didn't latch in and my milk took a long time to come in when normally I havnt had an issue. But... It did come and he has got the hang of feeding so don't worry about it yet. Just make sure you get help from the midwives and if they are not helpful ask to see a lactation consultant.

Hi to everyone else. I will write more another day,DS has a cold and I've been up all night so my brain isn't functioning.

Edited by bree18, 26 November 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#22 April2608

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hi
Congratulations Milano, he is beautiful. Hope you are feeling strong soon

I went to the CHN today, Harrison has lost more weight :-(

Nurse has put him on strict, express top ups after each feed, I need to feed 3 hr even at night,
Harrison has a tounge tie, we have been booked in to see a  peed
tomorrow to get the tongue tie cut, and get a script that will help bring in more milk. Also suggested we get fenugreek and Bissell thissle tablets. Which DH has already gotten for me.

We will get there

April

#23 clrw

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Milano your baby is here!!!! Welcome James... You gave your mum some grief. Good thing you are super cute!

Milano I've also got a second degree tear plus a small episi. The tear goes to my anus. I agree with the ladies... Pain killers, ice and also Movicol to keep stools soft. Also when possible laying on your side so the pressure is off it. A week on I'm feeling much more mobile and confident.

Congrats Nov IVFers. Our babies are here safe and sound!!

Pictures all. Can't wait to see your bundles!

#24 clrw

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hi all,

Our little Lucca - first born and milk drunk:

Attached Files

#25 Magenta_

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Congratulations Milano!  He is just gorgeous!
I've been popping in to see how you've been going - so happy you have your little boy.
Enjoy!  (And try to get some sleep!)
Magenta xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.